Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

All I can say is I hope this team plays their heart out and wins with heart.

Stokes isn't starting. Stokes isn't going to be on the major league roster. He has injury problems, missed virtually all of last year, and is roadblocked by a guy who was the MVP of his league last year, who hit 11 homers in 100 MLB ABs, and who is only 2 years older than him. Best-case scenario for Stokes and the Marlins is that he has a healthy and a productive year, because if Jakes pans out like we hope, a power-hitting 24 year-old 1B could draw some attention in the trade market.

Prime Time said:
I don't know why but I always take Pre-Season as the opposite of what you do in the regular season...
well im pretty sure winning so far can't be a bad sign, lets see how they do with out miguel and trelle

Marlins release AWOL infielder Reese

Second baseman Pokey Reese's contract was terminated Sunday by the Florida Marlins, who said they were disappointed not to receive an explanation regarding his abrupt departure from spring training.

Reese went home following a workout Wednesday without notifying the Marlins. They later heard twice from his agent, but not directly from Reese, general manager Larry Beinfest said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2006/03/05/marline.reese.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Marlins release AWOL infielder Reese

Second baseman Pokey Reese's contract was terminated Sunday by the Florida Marlins, who said they were disappointed not to receive an explanation regarding his abrupt departure from spring training.

Reese went home following a workout Wednesday without notifying the Marlins. They later heard twice from his agent, but not directly from Reese, general manager Larry Beinfest said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2006/03/05/marline.reese.ap/index.html

Are you serious?!?! I was expecting him to start? He was one of the few guys I thought would have a "good" season....

Prime Time said:
Are you serious?!?! I was expecting him to start? He was one of the few guys I thought would have a "good" season....

Nah, he probably wasn't going to start, especially if Hanley Ramirez proves he can stick in MLB. Girardi has been impressed by Uggla at 2B, so he looks to be getting the nod there. Reese was going to be a nice veteran influence on all the young MIFs, though, so they're going to need to replace him somehow. There will be plenty of cuts around Opening Day, and this team is definitely making a trade to acquire their CF/leadoff hitter before then. I have a very strong hunch on that one.

geez the fish are taring it up in ST! i hope they keep this up for the season!

Opening Night Tonight

Im hoping we will somehow have a great season although I highly doubt it, but you never know, we had a great Spring Training and we ARE talented, just young, and if a young team can get on a roll they can be dangerous

Oh well I wont give up on the season untill we are out of it for sure

GAMES STARTING SOON

I cant wait, I hope they keep the Marlins in Florida, Sure I hate the dirt in the stadium but I can deal untill they get a stadium of their own.....

Back
Top Bottom