**OFFICIAL 2006 NFL Undrafted free agent thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL 2006 NFL Undrafted free agent thread**

Mike Degory didnt get drafted? Wow!!... I would love to see this guy as a fin.

HysterikiLL said:
Here's NFLDraftCountdown's list..

1. Martin Nance, WR, Miami (OH)
2. Spencer Havner, OLB, U.C.L.A.
3. Kai Parham, ILB, Virginia
4. Anwar Phillips, CB, Penn St.
5. Darrell Hunter, CB, Miami (OH)
6. Charles Gordon, CB, Kansas
7. Greg Lee, WR, Pittsburgh
8. Andre Hall, RB, South Florida
9. Brian Iwuh, OLB, Colorado
10. Hank Baskett, WR, New Mexico
11. Darrell Hackney, QB, U.A.B.
12. Eric Henderson, DE, Georgia Tech
13. Don Trell Moore, RB, New Mexico
14. Tim Day, TE, Oregon
15. Jahmile Addae, FS, West Virginia
16. Marcus Vick, QB, Virginia Tech
17. Mike Bell, RB, Arizona
18. Adam Stenavich, OG, Michigan
19. Charlton Keith, DE, Kansas
20. Mike Kudla, DE, Ohio St.
21. Taurean Henderson, RB, Texas Tech
22. Mike Degory, C, Florida
23. Dion Byrum, CB, Ohio
24. Patrick Ross, C, Boston College
25. Derek Morris, OT, North Carolina St.
26. Dale Robinson, ILB, Arizona State
27. Manaia Brown, DT, B.Y.U.
28. McKinley Boykin, DT, Ole Miss
29. Greg Threat, S, Miami (FL)
30. Miles Austin, WR, Monmouth
31. Troy Reddick, OT, Auburn
32. Darrell Brooks, S, Arizona
33. Gerald Riggs, Jr., RB, Tennessee
34. Copeland Bryan, DE, Arizona
35. Cameron Vaughn, OLB, LSU
36. John Torp, P, Colorado
37. Tommy Jackson, DT, Auburn
38. Oliver Hoyte, ILB, North Carolina St.
39. Brett Basanez, QB, Northwestern
40. Quadtrine Hill, FB, Miami (FL)
41. Chijioke Onyenegecha, CB, Oklahoma
42. Steve Fifita, DT, Utah
43. Erik Meyer, QB, Eastern Michigan
44. Willie Evans, DE, Mississippi St.
45. Cooper Wallace, TE, Auburn
46. Justin Holland, QB, Colorado St.
47. Barrick Nealy, QB, Texas St.
48. John Busing, OLB, Miami (OH)
49. Scott Ware, S, Southern Cal
50. Manase Hopoi, DT, Washington

I like these, maybe if I may, add 1 more to the list. Antwan Marsh, 6-2 219, FS from Pikeville (KY) College

Another player I checked was Darrell Adams, 6-4 277, DE from Villanova. Sporting News draft guide had this to say about Adams: Strengths: Is a smart player who excels against the run and pass. Plays low and shows a quick first step. Uses his hands well to hold his ground at the point of attack. Has the strength and speed to beat opponents on the perimeter and the power to win inside as a pass rusher. Weaknesses: Lacks experience against elite competition. Lacks the speed to blow by most NFL offensive tackles; must develop more pass rush moves. Durability is a concern. Bottom line: Adams has the athletic ability and size to play end in 4-3 and 3-4 fronts. His stock would be higher if he had faced better college competition.

ESPN NFL Draft Guide: + An intriguing combination of size, speed and strength. Tall and well-built, plays with decent leverage and can hold the point of attack against the run. Long arms and big hands, which he uses well to control and disengage from blockers. A high-motor player who shows some power as a tackler. With his physical tools, Adams has obvious pass-rushing potential. A student of the game with leadership skills. - Another small-school project, he has a long way to go to stick in the NFL. Plays to high at times and must improve his footwork and arsenal of pass-rush moves. Though he's quick, Adams lacks ideal athleticism and the explosive burst to consistently turn the corner. Takes too long in transition and struggles to redirect. Might be best suited as situtional pass-rusher. Battled arm injury as a senior.

Spencer Havner, Bret Basanez, and Kai Parham would be nice pickups. BTW what is up with Spencer not being drafted? from what i saw of him he was a beast

hall signed with tampa, basenez with carolina, nealy with minny, iwuh in jacksonville. we've signed riggs jr and mcgrew. there are also some that saban has referred to as being ours yet they haven't quite signed so he won't name them - hope havner's one of them. i'm a little surprised we haven't signed a qb yet - even to bring into camp. i was thinking meier. maybe lulay or olson?

I also like Chijioke Onyenegecha he has good size and speed. he would be a good up IMO.

Signed by Phins...

1) Gerald Riggs Jr, RB (Tennessee)
2) Justin Holland, QB (Colorado State)
3) Sam McGrew, LB (Florida State)
4) Chris McNeil, C (Mississippi State)

What about D'Wayne Slay Texas Tech SS...He is slow but a fierce hitter...Could make the team on special teams...Think of him as a much bigger Tony Bua but with more potential because of his size...

Anwar phillips is a poor mans jason allen. I say we bring him in, he is a versatile player, a kind of guy that saban usually goes after. He can play safety and corner and has nice nice/speed ratio. 5'11 195 4.5 40 yd dash. ESPN the mag had him projected to go in the 2nd and sportsillustrated.com had him going early 3rd. Lets sign this guy up and let saban work his magic. The guy has all the intangibles.

banzaitrey said:
What about D'Wayne Slay Texas Tech SS...He is slow but a fierce hitter...Could make the team on special teams...Think of him as a much bigger Tony Bua but with more potential because of his size...

Not much of a point because the Fins already have Cooper who can do all the same things and has had decent playing time in the league.

The secondary is more or less set, although not 100%. There are one, possibly two LB spots available though. DT is very difficult for a UDFA to get a spot on. TE there is a chance competing with Holmes. WR no way. C and interior line offcourse there's a chance but more likely PS.

BrazForPhins said:
Is there any OLB worth bringing in?

Derting from WSU...got injured a lot when they tried to move him inside, but he was a playmaking machine before that.

IMHO these are the best remaining potential FA signings:

Cory McKinney/WR Florida International
Drouzon Quillen/WR Louisiana Monroe
Nate Livings/OG Louisiana State
Shomari Earls/ILB Florida Atlantic
Ben Ishola/OLB Indiana
Brandon Guillory/OLB Louisiana Monroe
Eric Bassey/CB Oklahoma
Reuben Houston/CB Georgia Tech
Darren Williams/DB Jacksonville State
Jon Scifres/PK Missiouri State

NoblePhin said:
Spencer Havner, Bret Basanez, and Kai Parham would be nice pickups. BTW what is up with Spencer not being drafted? from what i saw of him he was a beast

There's just something not too appealing about a guy who was the best player on the worst defense I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom