Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

Indeed sir, indeed!! But- if it's a choice between Pittsburgh or Philthy going to the Finals, I'll take Pittsburgh every time. As much as I dislike the Penguins, it doesn't hold a candle to how much I absolutely despise the living hell out of the Rangers and Flyers.

BTW- how are you liking the Gomez-Gionta connection up there bro? I heard they are playing on a line with Pacioretti... how do they look so far? It's so weird for us Devils fans not to have Little G around anymore- always one of my favorite Devs.

you're talking to a french canadian so obviously, my second favorite team in the east is the pens... although i don't like them that much, they have a brickload of french canadians so it's just natural to support them (much like we supported brodeur in NJ for years, and gave him a standing ovation in our building when he kicked our ***** and beat Roy's record)

anyhow... believe it or not, i haven't watched a whole lot of preseason... much to my dismay, but i've been too busy in school lately... yeah they're gonna pair gomez and gionta with pacioretty, i'm anxious to see the results, pacioretty is a star in the making IMO, he hustles, skates well, and is very creative with the puck.

From the crop of free agents though, my favorite pickup has to be camalleri... he's young and i just like his game overrall ...

anyways... here's to a good 09-10 season :hi5:

you're talking to a french canadian so obviously, my second favorite team in the east is the pens... although i don't like them that much, they have a brickload of french canadians so it's just natural to support them (much like we supported brodeur in NJ for years, and gave him a standing ovation in our building when he kicked our ***** and beat Roy's record)

anyhow... believe it or not, i haven't watched a whole lot of preseason... much to my dismay, but i've been too busy in school lately... yeah they're gonna pair gomez and gionta with pacioretty, i'm anxious to see the results, pacioretty is a star in the making IMO, he hustles, skates well, and is very creative with the puck.

From the crop of free agents though, my favorite pickup has to be camalleri... he's young and i just like his game overrall ...

anyways... here's to a good 09-10 season :hi5:

LOL, I hear ya bro... the only thing with the Habs is they are very small up front. Some very creative, exciting forwards with the likes of Gomez, Little G, and Cammalerri, but man are they diminutive... but they should be fun to watch.

Can't wait for the Habs to make their first trip to Newark this year- I'll be there wearing my Gionta Devils jersey, praying he doesn't kill us that night! :D

here's to more playoffs for my habs, minus the riots ! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn2x8TNJ0A&feature=fvw ) !!!

Ya know I should tell you- I was up in Montreal two seasons ago to see a Devils-Habs game... it was March of '08, and we were battling you guys for tops in the conference at the time. The Habs won 2-1 (our only goal-ironically enough- was scored by Gionta), but man, what an awesome place to watch a hockey game... the passion that city has for their team is like nothing I've ever seen. It really borders on psychosis!! :lol:

People were celebrating on St. Catherine's like they had just won the Cup after the game- it was wild... of course, I was pretty pissed off and all, but it was still a hell of an experience. I would like to go back up there to see a Habs game where they aren't playing the Devils- that way I can just enjoy the game and atmosphere without caring who wins.

Ya know I should tell you- I was up in Montreal two seasons ago to see a Devils-Habs game... it was March of '08, and we were battling you guys for tops in the conference at the time. The Habs won 2-1 (our only goal-ironically enough- was scored by Gionta), but man, what an awesome place to watch a hockey game... the passion that city has for their team is like nothing I've ever seen. It really borders on psychosis!! :lol:

People were celebrating on St. Catherine's like they had just won the Cup after the game- it was wild... of course, I was pretty pissed off and all, but it was still a hell of an experience. I would like to go back up there to see a Habs game where they aren't playing the Devils- that way I can just enjoy the game and atmosphere without caring who wins.

ain't that the truth !!! i keep telling people that any sports fan who would think of ONE hockey game to see in their life has got to be in montreal. The best scenario IMO would be a game 7 in the playoffs against the bruins (i'd say the leafs, but they don't make the playoffs nowadays :D )

in fact, that video i posted was after a game 7 win against the bruins two seasons ago... that year there was two riots but that one was the biggest

it just makes me wonder what the **** would happen if we won the cup soon..... :nailbiter: lol ! the whole district around the bell center would just burn to ashes, and sainte-catherine wouldn't exist anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I hear ya bro... the only thing with the Habs is they are very small up front. Some very creative, exciting forwards with the likes of Gomez, Little G, and Cammalerri, but man are they diminutive... but they should be fun to watch.

Can't wait for the Habs to make their first trip to Newark this year- I'll be there wearing my Gionta Devils jersey, praying he doesn't kill us that night! :D

yeah those guys are small, but they play big... and they also have experience... i look at a guy like sergei kostytsyn or tomas plekanec (who are both small) and they have a hard time against physical teams because they're inexperienced/scared...

gomez and gionta know how to play in this league so it's no big deal for me (and our third line is pretty physical so... )

anyways, there,s no better way to find out than tonight, they're playing a newly physical leafs team ... ahemmm.. blue line !

ain't that the truth !!! i keep telling people that any sports fan who would think of ONE hockey game to see in their life has got to be in montreal. The best scenario IMO would be a game 7 in the playoffs against the bruins (i'd say the leafs, but they don't make the playoffs nowadays :D )

in fact, that video i posted was after a game 7 win against the bruins two seasons ago... that year there was two riots but that one was the biggest

it just makes me wonder what the **** would happen if we won the cup soon..... :nailbiter: lol !

It was so freaking loud in the Bell Centre, I literally couldn't hear myself think man... the entire place stood up every time a Hab carried the puck over the red line- EVERY TIME. When the Habs scored the go-ahead goal with about 7 minutes to play, I thought I was gonna go deaf (LOL, and I wanted to punch somthing too I was so pissed). And while this was a somewhat big game for the regular season, it was still only the regular season- I can't even imagine what it gets like up there at playoff time.

yeah those guys are small, but they play big... and they also have experience... i look at a guy like sergei kostytsyn or tomas plekanec (who are both small) and they have a hard time against physical teams because they're inexperienced/scared...

gomez and gionta know how to play in this league so it's no big deal for me (and our third line is pretty physical so... )

anyways, there,s no better way to find out than tonight, they're playing a newly physical leafs team ... ahemmm.. blue line !

Those guys will have their work cut out for them with the likes of Chara, Komisarek, Exelby, and Myers in your division bro... there are some big physical teams in the Northeast, particularly Boston and Toronto.

It was so freaking loud in the Bell Centre, I literally couldn't hear myself think man... the entire place stood up every time a Hab carried the puck over the red line- EVERY TIME. When the Habs scored the go-ahead goal with about 7 minutes to play, I thought I was gonna go deaf (LOL, and I wanted to punch somthing too I was so pissed). And while this was a somewhat big game for the regular season, it was still only the regular season- I can't even imagine what it gets like up there at playoff time.

wanna hear the bell centre in the playoffs ? here's the best i found :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ0PLkU-tiM

they're reviewing AK's goal .... the olé chant is just standard procedures lol ... it gets noisy at 1:42 ... wait for it... wait for it...

:chuckle:

wanna hear the bell centre in the playoffs ? here's the best i found :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ0PLkU-tiM

they're reviewing AK's goal .... the olé chant is just standard procedures lol ... it gets noisy at 1:42 ... wait for it... wait for it...

:chuckle:

Awesome stuff bro- I challenge anyone to find a louder building in all of sports than the Bell Centre- that place is a certifed madhouse every night of the season.

Awesome stuff bro- I challenge anyone to find a louder building in all of sports than the Bell Centre- that place is a certifed madhouse every night of the season.

well... let's be realistic... european soccer has 100 K capacity stadiums, so does the NCAA football in the US ... and both are loud as HELL in the powerhouses ...

but, pound for pound, I'd say the bell center must be in the top 5 worldwide, easily ... you'll never hear 21K fans louder than the canadiens' :D

well... let's be realistic... european soccer has 100 K capacity stadiums, so does the NCAA football in the US ... and both are loud as HELL in the powerhouses ...

but, pound for pound, I'd say the bell center must be in the top 5 worldwide, easily ... you'll never hear 21K fans louder than the canadiens' :D

That's what I meant, more or less... I've yet to hear 21,000 people in one place make that much noise... and I've been in some very loud arenas before.

That's what I meant, more or less... I've yet to hear 21,000 people in one place make that much noise... and I've been in some very loud arenas before.

where have you been ?! i'm looking for a new place to conquer lol

last year we went to NY to see a habs game it was awesome... i'm hesitating right now between buffalo, philly, detroit, chicago, boston, pittsburgh

boston and chicago are on top my list as of now... any info/feedback on any places you've been would be greatly appreciated !

I'm not asking for much this season...I just want my Panthers somehow...anyhow to get back in the playoffs. It's been 8 seasons without a playoff appearance for us. Last time we made it in Methuseleh was still a baby...

Less than 12 hours until the Pens begin defense of the Cup!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Back
Top Bottom