Official 2009 Florida Marlins thread: The stadium is ours!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2009 Florida Marlins thread: The stadium is ours!!!!!!!

Dolphins7273

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Florida Marlins kickoff their spring training today against the St. Louis Cardinals. Last year we saw a 13 game turnaround from our boys, and I think they will do even better this year. Who knows? They might even shock the world again and bring home a third world series title. Whatever happens this year, it should be another fun season. Go Fish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they only win the WS on odd numbered years, and every 6 years.

So...this would be it.

97, 03, 09?

we do win every 6 years it seems... So maybe..
However with the recent spending sprees of the Nats and Braves, i think they'lll improve, and the Philsand Mets are always contenders..

This is the least confident I've been for the Marlins in a few years..
I think our pitching staff will be better, but i think we'll be last in the Division...
here's to hoping..

we do win every 6 years it seems... So maybe..
However with the recent spending sprees of the Nats and Braves, i think they'lll improve, and the Philsand Mets are always contenders..

This is the least confident I've been for the Marlins in a few years..
I think our pitching staff will be better, but i think we'll be last in the Division...
here's to hoping..

Are you kidding??? This should be the most confident you've been in years. Just cuz the Nats got Scott olsen and Adam Dunn and the Braves got Derek Lowe, doesn't mean they got better than the Marlins. We're pretty much even with the Mets and Phillies. Remember, had Kevin Gregg not lead the league in blown saves last year we could have made the playoffs. This year...NO KEVIN GREGG! :D

Marlins feature new lineup with same bad defense in spring training opener

The first four batters in the order, including John Baker in the two-hole and Jorge Cantu at cleanup, all had hits. That did not lessen Larry Beinfest's disdain with the gloves.

The President of Baseball Operations, Beinfest is not one to wear emotions on his sleeve in front of reporters. Yet almost immediately after ambling up to manager Fredi Gonzalez's post-game media gathering he made his disgust over the four-error game (it should have been five) known.

"More runs than errors, we'll take it as a positive," said Beinfest, who did not maintain a facetious tone for long. "We've talked about it a lot. This team is going to take pride in its defense. It's the first day, but this team needs to play better defense. It's not the way you want to start. We want to set the tone right away."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-marlins-lineup-0225,0,3404517.story

Hanley Ramirez will be playing against his own team tomorrow when the Marlins take on the Dominican Republic.

they are making to many erros the better fix that before the season if they are going to win, which they will win, they need to make the wild card though no division

they need to make the wild card though no division

I'd like to see them finish in first place for once. I know they've won the World Series both times they've won the Wild Card, so you're probably thinking of it as some supersticious thing, but I want the division. Best durnig the regular season and best in the postseason.

Back
Top Bottom