***Official Bills @ New York Jets Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Bills @ New York Jets Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Former New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan travels with his 4-4 Buffalo Bills, for the AFC East Division showdown at East Rutherford, New Jersey, with the 4-4 New York Jets, and and Rex Ryan Bowl 1. Ryan faces his former team after coaching the N.Y. Jets for five seasons between 2009-2014.

Another interest story and scenario tonight is that Buffalo this week named IK Emenkpali as one of their team captains for tonight's game. Ike was the one who punched Jets QB Geno Smith in the jaw in the locker room after a team preseason practice, reportedly on owing a $600 debt.

Jim Nantz and former New York Giants QB Phil Simms, are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline/field reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, televised internationally on The NFL Network, live on HD.

Ian Eagle, and former NFL lineman Tony Boselli and Tim Ryan, are also announcing the live radio game commentary and analysis syndicated nationally throughout the USA on the Westwood One/CBS Radio Network, including locally in Miami on both WIOD News Radio 610AM, and WINZ The Sports Animal 940AM.

Mostly cloudy skies at 56 degrees, feels like 52 degrees, is the game forecast inside MetLife Stadium, for the 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 18% precipitation, 79% humidity, and southwestern winds at 12 miles per hour.

Bills for the first time in their franchise history are wearing red jerseys, pants, socks, and cleats, along with their white helmets on the playing field tonight. N.Y. Jets are wearing their traditional green and white helmets, jerseys, and pants.

No injuries to both the Bills and the New York Jets, but a Bills win would put them and the Jets tied for second place in the AFC East, each with 5-4 records.

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

Last edited by a moderator:
YUK...Nantz and Sims.

I'm picking the Bills.

The fact that that first down challenge was held is fact that the NFL is fixed. Dude didn't make he first down by a long shot

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Sims is making me sick too

One of the more enjoyable Jets loses I've watched in awhile.

Kinda finsesque.

4th and 2 throw it for 1
3rd and 5 throw it for 3

QB sneak down by 12...4th qtr under 10 to play.

Then of course the Punter try's to give it back...a good team takes that momentum and walks away with a win.

I think Rex was really looking past the Jets for the pats next week.

One of the more enjoyable Jets loses I've watched in awhile.

Kinda finsesque.

4th and 2 throw it for 1
3rd and 5 throw it for 3

QB sneak down by 12...4th qtr under 10 to play.

Then of course the Punter try's to give it back...a good team takes that momentum and walks away with a win.

I think Rex was really looking past the Jets for the pats next week.

No way Rex looked past the Jets. That was his redemption game. He probably wanted to win that game more than any other this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way Rex looked past the Jets. That was his redemption game. He probably wanted to win that game more than any other this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything he would have looked passed the first 8 opponents for that game. That game had a red circle in Ryan's calendar the minute the schedule came out.

Congrats to Rex and the Bills, we had our chances and couldn't take advantage. too many self inflicted wounds(and some inflicted by Buffalo). Hopefully w/ a little extra rest we can get a little healthier and be ready for the stretch run. that last game in Orchard park very well could be a win and in game for both teams.

Rex should be pumped beating his old team that dumped him. I hate his team and want him to lose every week but I still love rex.

That was ugly but Buffalo will take it! A loss last night and Bills chance of making playoffs drops to 10%. Last night's win brings up chances to 55%!

Those two QBs suck. For all the hating that goes on here, that is what poor QB play looks like. One or two good throws each and the rest was nearly unwatchable.

Good play by both defenses and both running games. The Jets did a great job keeping Taylor in the pocket. From there, he is worthless other than the occasional bomb. He cannot run a pro style offense, period. Kudos to the Jets ridiculously athletic DL for playing disciplined football.

The Bills defense was not great but very scrappy. They kept fighting. Fitzpatrick throws like my mother (although, admittedly, she has a good arm for an 80 year old).

Turnovers cost the game for the Jets. IMO, the failed 4th downs count as turnovers, that makes 6. They took 6 points off the board in a 5 point game. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be pissed.

Taylor had a bad game if you started him in fantasy football. In real life, he made the plays he needed to and is 5-2 as a starter. Jets get the credit as their defensive line dominated and Taylor had no time to throw downfield. Bills offense looks sluggish without the big play. Expect Taylor to roll against the defenses he will be playing the rest of the year.

Those two QBs suck. For all the hating that goes on here, that is what poor QB play looks like. One or two good throws each and the rest was nearly unwatchable.

Good play by both defenses and both running games. The Jets did a great job keeping Taylor in the pocket. From there, he is worthless other than the occasional bomb. He cannot run a pro style offense, period. Kudos to the Jets ridiculously athletic DL for playing disciplined football.

The Bills defense was not great but very scrappy. They kept fighting. Fitzpatrick throws like my mother (although, admittedly, she has a good arm for an 80 year old).

Turnovers cost the game for the Jets. IMO, the failed 4th downs count as turnovers, that makes 6. They took 6 points off the board in a 5 point game. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be pissed.

it's just amazing how you can criticize other QBs then make excuses for the crap Ryan puts out on Sundays. 2 guys making plays to try to help their team win vs/. a guy who just put up garbage time pts in 3 games against Buf/NYJ

it's just amazing how you can criticize other QBs then make excuses for the crap Ryan puts out on Sundays. 2 guys making plays to try to help their team win vs/. a guy who just put up garbage time pts in 3 games against Buf/NYJ

Tyrod Taylor has a 106.2 quarterback rating with a 5-2 record and Miami fans are ripping into him?! Guess what, that's running an NFL offense! He is also 3-1 in division games this year...

I fell asleep in the second half. I just saw the final quarter on NFL replay. Todd Bowles made a bad call at the end on 4th and 4 IMO. They had plenty of time and 3 timeouts. Should have taken the FG to make it 22-20. 4th and 4 near the goal line is not a very good situation to convert. The Bills Punter had just dropped one. Force them to get a few first downs and maybe you get them to punt again. The jets did finally get the ball back but would have only needed a FG to win.

Think that was a live and learn moment for Bowles. Rex was pumped at the end when the Bills intercepted Fitz.

Fitz sucks. You know it and I know. Only problem is that Geno sucks worse.

Tyrod Taylor has a 106.2 quarterback rating with a 5-2 record and Miami fans are ripping into him?! Guess what, that's running an NFL offense! He is also 3-1 in division games this year...

Sure. The Jets showed how to defend Tyrod. Keep him in the pocket and he is terrible. !2 of their points came from a special teams TD, and two FG drives where they gained 5 and 12 yards.

Both defenses and running games are legit. QBs, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom