**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

CrunchTime said:
NFL | Free agency could be pushed back once again
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:28:28 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com's John Clayton reports there is some thought that if owners are still talking Wednesday night, March 8, free agency could be pushed back another 24 hours.

They better not. The NFLPA needs to come out and say look, you are taking money off the plate of our potential free agents and you either need to accept our proposal or be prepared to go into 2007 uncapped. Poo or get off the pot essentially. Either way, FA needs to start come Thursday.

I just read about the Ramsey over Brees post and thought that was the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen. But this takes the cake I do believe. No way in hell we have two seperate leagues.

nopony said:
the other unknown factor is whether or not Wayne is salaried by the Dolphins. Owners will often pay themselves from the company so the team takes it as a cost, when it's really just owner profits.

The Dolphins are a LLC, and GW's statements indicate that the LLC chooses to be treated as a partnership for tax reasons. I therefore think it's doubtful he takes a salary. That tends to only be necessary to avoid double taxation issues that come up when dealing with a corporation.

Nublar7 said:
Yeah, that is what they are reporting. If a deal gets passed, FA will start Friday.

I can live with that, just get the CBA done.

Question about the CBA....

If a proposal has just been recently sent to the league owners for approval, who has been negotiating all this time? Is it the Players union negotiator and the owners negotiator? Then they come up with something that they think will be accepted and send it out? Or has this scenario already happened, and the owners struck it down? I'm just a little confused since we were supposed to have some progress, yet we're still waiting for the owners to approve it. Didn't they already negotiate an appropriate deal?

does anyone have an update on Sam Adams and how the day went?

anyone know anything yet?

The NFL players association are still add odds with the owners and Sam Adams enjoyed all the little debbies treats he could eat while having a one on one meeting with Nick Saban.

Would be great to have him in the middle, that would pretty much stop the idea of running on Miami with him and Zach roamimg the back, making sure nothing gets through.

Good read, thanks. I hate jones 2% less.

Jones is an ***, and I'd never want him to be the owner of my team, but he's also a true fan of the game (its the reason why he meddles so much). He's one guy that I'll be willing to bet would put the interests of our favorite sport ahead of his own.

Could you imagine...

a 4-3 with both Traylor and Adams in the middle.

My brother had something earlier that said that Adams Agent would wait til FA started to make his choice.

Yeah we may be able to stop the run, but if we dont improve our secondary by leaps and bounds every Qb will have a career day against us.

MiamiMan147 I tend to agree with you about Jerry Jones as far as I do believe he wants what is best for the league.:yes:

I personally wouldn't mind him being the owner.

Back
Top Bottom