Official Draft Day Thread | Page 98 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

On what basis do you think his pedestrian sack numbers will go up in the NFL, which has better OL, faster/stronger QBs, and quicker releases?
Daniele Hunter says "hello" with his limited college production and his mega nfl production while having less than explosives compared to Chop.

Many players improve in the NFL...look at Hurricane players drafted the past 15 years, most of them had better nfl careers than college careers. Chop is a very Ravens style of pass rusher/Edge player.

Instead of whining about the guy and being a stat watcher, inform yourself by researching pass rush win rate and pass pressures, and you'll see he was #1 and #2 in the class. His efficiency is off the charts, and he's only 21.

On what basis do you think his pedestrian sack numbers will go up in the NFL, which has better OL, faster/stronger QBs, and quicker releases?
Jesus H Christ on a bike. Plenty of currently successful NFL edge rushers had much less sack production in college than they have in the NFL. For example, Leonard Floyd, Micah Parsons, Danielle Hunter.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sacks. But 'almost' sacks can result in INTs/fumbles/incompletes AND get in the QBs head. And, while I'm at it, holding penalties. Yeah, sacks are great, but let's not think it's sacls or nothing.
Anyone who judges pass rushers on sacks alone is obtuse as hell.

Anyone who judges pass rushers on sacks alone is obtuse as hell.
There are several simplistic metrics that less knowledgable football fans tend to repeatedly quote. They seem to think it makes them look smart, but in reality it shows they have a very simplistic understanding of the game. The ones I see most often:

Sacks for a DL or LB
Playoff wins for a GM

If you read any post that is based on those arguments you can save yourself some time and just ignore them.

Playoff wins for a GM
Sacks for a DL or LB yes I get your point, but need further explanation on Grier's playoff wins. Oh wait he doesn't have any. Each GM is different I get it, but a GM such as Grier is always kicking the can down the road so to speak with contracts, over valuing players, not caring about massive holes in OLine.

There are several simplistic metrics that less knowledgable football fans tend to repeatedly quote. They seem to think it makes them look smart, but in reality it shows they have a very simplistic understanding of the game. The ones I see most often:

Sacks for a DL or LB
Playoff wins for a GM

If you read any post that is based on those arguments you can save yourself some time and just ignore them.
Length and bend, Chop has neither

Jesus H Christ on a bike. Plenty of currently successful NFL edge rushers had much less sack production in college than they have in the NFL. For example, Leonard Floyd, Micah Parsons, Danielle Hunter.
Top Gear Jc GIF

THE LEGEND JEREMY CLARKSON!

Back
Top Bottom