***OFFICIAL DRAFT SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB/Missouri THREAD!!!*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***OFFICIAL DRAFT SEAN WEATHERSPOON LB/Missouri THREAD!!!***

BESS4LAST

AFC EAST CHAMPS
Reaction score
Did you see him play in the Senior Bowl? He was everywhere....Get on the BANDWAGON NOW! Weatherspoon is the real deal. TRIFECTA DRAFT HIM!

He's another Jonathan Vilma. He is exactly like him

Weatherspoon just isn't a 3-4 ILB, he can't take on interior linemen. Neither could Vilma and that's why Vilma wasn't great with the Jets.

When Vilma went to New Orleans in a 4-3 defense those blockers were off him and he was allowed to use his talent which was to flow sideline to sideline.

Sorry, but Weatherspoon is way too small to play 3-4 ILB. He looks tiny out there. He is only a LB in a 4-3

If you watched Weatherspoon this year you would have seen how he gets swallowed up by interior linemen. He gets crushed on blocks because of his size. And that's a big no-no for a 3-4 ILB.

I love him, but he will not be a Miami Dolphin for that reason.

Weatherspoon was impressive. However, the more I watched I have to agree w/ Greyboy.

I can see him as a 4-3 WLB for the Eagles or Seahawks.

i was impressed with weatherspoon. i get the size thing. he's got real skills.

he was wearing jersey #12........just sayin

Greyboy if spoon was here he would be a OLB not a ILB and to be honest he isn't much smaller then Ray Lewis and Channing crowder I am by no means comparing him to Lewis but they are the same height and Lewis is only 9 pounds heavier then weatherspoon and 10 pounds heavier then vilma so Imo if he were to put on a couple pounds of musle he could be a very good ILB

He's a football player-Weatherspoon. I think Brandon Graham fits our mold better but the only opinion i really would care to invest in is Mr. Nolan's.

I just checked the weigh ins for senior bowl week and he is 241 pounds currently. So it looks like he gained a bit of weight because I initially saw the 235 listing.. And he is under 6'1 at 6'0 and 7/8

Maybe it can work. But gosh he looks so tiny on the field. I agree with the other guy who said he looks like a defensive back out there.

I love him as a football player though. I just didn't like how he gets blocked out of plays so easily when offenses decide to send a guard his way. And 3-4 ILB's see interior linemen coming at them quite often.

If we put him out there with Crowder and Porter, we could have the smack-talkingest LB corps in NFL history.

Haven't had the chance to watch the Senior Bowl yet, but it sounds like some players have moved up in the draft board. Maybe there's a decent chance Spikes falls into Miami's lap in the 2nd. I'm convinced he's a better fit for what we do than McClain.

If we put him out there with Crowder and Porter, we could have the smack-talkingest LB corps in NFL history.

I think Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Antwan Barnes and Bart Scott take that award far and away.

Back
Top Bottom