Official Finheaven 2006 Mock Game Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2006 Mock Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may change it by Friday afternoon but, here goes.

1) Texans - Reggie Bush, RB

As much hype Mario is getting, and the new bad press about Reggie, there is no way I see the Texans passing on this athletic god.

2) Saints – Mario Williams, DE

Saints might want to trade this pick, but nobody is willing to pony up what it takes to move up, so they take the Super Mario.

3) Titans – Matt Leinart, QB

The whole "Vince Young is our man" thing is BS, the Titans are only trying to throw a smoke screen for the teams who may want to move ahead of them to take Matty instead. Norm Chow and Matt together again makes way to much sense.

4) Raiders (TRADE w/Jets) - Vince Young, QB

Al Davis is all about Big names, and Vince Young is a Big name. The Jets want to move down, so it makes sense. Al isn't afraid the Pack or 49ers will take Vince but, he's afraid another team may trade ahead of him and take his man.

5) Packers -
Vernon Davis, TE

Although Hawk would be the better pick, I think the Packers want Brett to play more than next year, so there gonna try to give him with as much talent as they posibbly can. So this is more of a Thank you pick to Brett. Not that Vernon is a slouch though.

6) 49ers - AJ Hawk, LB

The 49ers are a little bit disapointed that Davis was taken one slot before them, there are just as happy Hawk falls in there lap with the absense of J. Peterson.

7) Jets (TRADE w/Raiders) - D’Brick Ferguson, OT

Friggin Jets get themselves a really nice LT by defalt.

8) Bills - Winston Justice, OT

Another Division rival gets a really nice LT. Justice's stock sky rocketed after his combine. I believe he had a 39" verticle and put the bar up 38 times. A Pysichaly gifted animal, his only downfall could be his knees.

9) Lions – Micheal Huff, CB

This is simple, the Lions desperatly need DB help, and Huff is the best DB prospect in the draft.

10) Cardinals - Jay Cutler, QB

With Justice off the board, Denny is gonna take his Franchise QB. And after Kurt Warner goes down in week 6, Cutler will be the starter in AZ for many years to come.

11) Rams – Broderick Bunkley, DT

The Rams would really like to trade out of this slot now that Huff is off the board, they don't see another DB worth the value of the 11th overall pick. Unfortunatly for them the Vikes may have considered traded had Cutler not gone one pick before them, so Bunkley is a BPA pick, and not a bad pick at that.

12) Browns - Kamerion Wimbley, DE/LB

Another pyshical athlete that fits nicely in Romeo's 3-4 scheme.

13) Ravens – Haloti Ngata, DT

The Ravens lost (I'm not even gonna try to spell his name, and I'm to Lazy to look it up) at DT, and the Ravens are pleasantly suprised to see Ngata there for the taking.

14) Eagles - Santonio Holmes, WR

The Eagles have no recievers, and even though they may have other holes to fill, they really need to address the reciever position this year.

15) Broncos - Chad Jackson, WR

Rod Smith isn't getting any younger, and Lelie has never lived up to the hype, so the Broncos take a flyer on Chad Jackson.

16) Dolphins – Donte Whitner, S

The pick all us Dolfans will be on the edge of our seats for. With Wimbley off the board, I can see Nick and Randy trying to trade down but, not getting the value they want to merit them to move out of this slot. So they take the pyschical FS from thee OSU. (also I'd be happy if they took Carpenter here)

17) Vikings - Chad Greenway, LB

The Vikes where hoping to get Cutler but, unfortunatly they couldn't work out a trade to get up to where they neede to be in time, they also don't see a RB worth the 17th pick. So they'll have to settle for a defensive player.

18) Cowboys – Jimmy Williams , CB/S

Jimmy drops to the Tuna, and Bill couldn't be happier, he now has one hell of a Safety unit with Roy and Jimmy.

19) Chargers – Antonio Cromartie, CB

The Chargers traded Sammie Davis a week or so ago, so now they are hurting even more for secondary help, and get themselves a pretty good player in Cromartie.

20) Chiefs – Ernie Sims, LB

I hear Sims stock is droping due to a re-occuring injury a lot of teams are concerned with, espicially if Ernie is gonna play LB effectively at the next level. So, even though the Chiefs would love for Wimbley to drop to them, it's highly unlikely, and they settle for Ernie.

21) Patriots - Bobby Carpenter, LB

The Pats have lost so much talent on both sides of the ball, I can't help but scratch my head, and also smile! but there is a method to Bellychuckle's madness and he is always looking for role players in his scheme and Bobby fits that mold.

22) 49ers (from
Denver) - DeAngelo Williams, RB

Although the 49ers missed out on there prize in Vernon Davis, they want to give Alex Smith a little help, so they pick up a RB who looks to be ready for the NFL.

23) Bucs – Tye Hill, CB

The speedy DB will do quit well in the Bucs cover two, I think Barber and Hill will eventually make one of the best CB tandums in the NFL.

24) Bengals – Manny Lawson, DE/LB

There is so many mixed opnions about Manny, but I think the Bengals are confadent he'll be a very good player in the NFL. They lost out on Arrington, so they'll settle for a young guy to fill that OLB roll.

25) Giants - Jason Allen, S/CB

Honestly, this is the only pick that stumps me. I think they need some OT help but, I don't think they reach for one just for the sake of filling a spot. Jason Allen slips because of the Hip issues but, is the BPA at this point IMO.

26) Steelers (trade w/Bears) – LenDale White, RB

The Steelers have gone on record saying they want to trade up, and they do just that to block the Panthers from taking there RB. Yes, yes, yes, Lendale has been nothing but a selfish little kid about the workouts but, the Steelers know he's a tough dude, and decide to replace the bus with a truck.

27) Panthers – Laurence Maroney, RB

The Panthers don't get there man in LenDale, but they still have a need at RB, and don't see any of the second rated RB's will be around late in the second, so they jump on Maroney. Throwing a monkey wrench into the Colts plan.

28) Jags – Mercedes Lewis, TE

The Jags will give Demeco Ryans a nice look but, will settle for a bigger need in TE and take a new Mercedes.

29) Jets – John Joseph, DB

The Jets need DB help, and Joseph can proved that, rather it be in the nickle package or as a Safety.

30) Eagles (trade w/Colts) – Nick Mangold, C

The Colts move out of the first round because they feel the best RB left on the board (Addai) isn't worth first round money so they (Colts) trade the Eagles 2nd round, and there 3rd round picks with the Packers #36 to grab Addai. If Addai gets taken before the #36 pick they grab Calhoun from Wis with the Eagles second round pick. The Eagles failed in getting Bentley so they trade up to take the best C in the draft.

31) Seahawks – Davin Joseph, OG

Mathias Kiwanuka may get some consideration but, they will pass for a monster OG. They replace a monster with another monster.

32) Bears (trade w/Steelers) – Richard Marshall, CB

The Bears would have liked for Mercedes to hold onto this slot but will settle for a pretty good CB out of Fresno.

1. Texans Reggie Bush RB, USC-I think this is a pretty easy choice

2. Saints D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT, Virginia-2 Reasons not to draft Williams. 1)Will Smith and 2)Charles Grant. Plus they traded Wayne Gandy so they need a LT

3. Titans Matt Leinart QB, USC- You take the player who already knows the offense.

4. NY Jets Mario Williams DE, NC State-No more Abraham, and he fits the 3-4 as an OLB

5. Packers AJ Hawk LB, Ohio State-Get another playmaker to go alongside Barnett

6. 49ers Vernon Davis TE, Maryland-Eric Johnson is never healthy, and this guy is a playmaker

7. Raiders Vince Young QB, Texas-The only place he has a chance of succeeding right away, and that's only because of Moss and Porter

8. Bills Winston Justice OT, USC- Greg Jermain... c'mon now

9. Lions Mike Huff S, Texas- Besides Dre Bly, the secondary isn't much to brag about

10. Cardinals Jay Cutler QB, Vandy- with Davis off the board Denny Green gets Arizona a franchise QB

11. Rams Broderick Bunkley DT, Florida State-No more Pickett, no more Lewis. Just Kennedy

12. Browns Haloti Ngata DT, Oregon- He's falling, but the Browns will gladly take him

13. Ravens Chad Greenway LB, Iowa- tough choice between Greenway and Simms, but I'll go with the one that's suited for the WILL position

14. Eagles Ernie Simms LB, Florida State- The Eagles got nothing out of any LB not named Trotter

15. Broncos Santonio Holmes WR, Ohio State-Could go RB, but this is the choice for now

16. Dolphins Chad Jackson WR, Florida- Right now, this is the pick. BUt I would not be surprised to see Whitner drafted here

17. Vikings Bobby Carpenter LB, Ohio State- versitile playmaker for the Vikings Defense.

18. Cowboys Donte Whitner S, Ohio State- Roy Williams is a horrible FS. Whitner allows Williams to focus on being a SS

19. Chargers Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB, Florida State- Merriman was literally Lights Out last year, and now they get another potential pro bowler.

20. Chiefs Jimmy Williams CB/FS, Virginia Tech-Besides Pat and Sammy, meh.

21. Patriots DeAngelo Williams RB, Memphis-Dillon is getting older, and Williams will be a star

22. 49ers - Manny Lawson OLB/DE, NC State- A suitable replacement for Peterson

23. Bucs Jonathan Joseph CB, South Carolina- Barber and Kelly are both aging

24. Bengals Tye Hill CB, Clemson- Tory James is in his 30's, O'Neal is hot-cold, Ratliff is a nickleback at best.

25. NY Giants Marcus McNeil OT, Auburn- Most Giant fans will tell you that Petitgout sucks.

26. Bears Leonard Pope TE, Georgia-With the signing of Ricky Manning, there really is no other need that jumps out at you.

27. Panthers LenDale White RB, USC- Either the Panthers or Steelers will take White in the first round. Panthers get the nod since I don't project trades.

28. Jaguars Laurence Maroney RB, Minnesota-Fred Taylor is reaching the end, and the Jags look for his replacement

29. NY Jets Sinorice Moss WR, Miami- The Jets look to pair Santana's younger brother with Coles and McCareins

30. Colts Thomas Howard LB, UTEP-With no RBs besides Addai on the board, the Colts look to replace Bracket.

31. Seahawks Kelly Jennings CB, Miami- Losing Dyson hurts the Seahawks. Look for them to make a push to sign Law, and also to draft Jennings

32. Steelers Ko Simpson S, South Carolina- Allen is the better athlete, but has already failed a couple physicals. Simpson is a playmaker at FS, and would help Polamalu from Day 1.

Round One
1. Houston - Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans - Mario Williams
3. Tennessee - Vince Young
4. N.Y. Jets - Matt Leinart
5. Green Bay - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
6. San Francisco - A.J. Hawk
7. Oakland - Vernon Davis
8. Buffalo - Winston Justice
9. Detroit - Michael Huff
10. Arizona - Jay Cutler
11. St. Louis - Brodrick Bunkley
12. Cleveland - Haloti Ngata
13. Baltimore - Antonio Cromartie
14. Philadelphia - Santonio Holmes
15. Denver - Chad Jackson
16. Miami - Chad Greenway
17. Minnesota - Bobby Carpenter
18. Dallas - Manny Lawson
19. San Diego - Tye Hill
20. Kansas City - Jimmy Williams
21. New England - Ernie Sims
22. San Francisco - Jason Allen
23. Tampa Bay - Eric Winston
24. Cincinnati - DeMeco Ryans
25. N.Y. Giants - Marcus McNeil
26. Chicago - Mathias Kiwanuka
27. Carolina - Leonard Pope
28. Jacksonville - DeAngelo Williams
29. NY Jets - Nick Mangold
30. Indianapolis - Lawrence Maroney
31. Seattle - Donte Whitner
32. Pittsburgh - LenDale White

Guys, I have tried 2 times tp post my 1st round mock to no avail. For some reason the Admin would not let me post. I type very slow so it took me some 20 min each time I attempted so...I'm over it.:tantrum: Sorry, count me out. :boohoo: I do have the Fins taking Santonio Holmes with the 16th pick.

1. Houston - Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans - Mario Williams
3. Tennesse - Matt Leinart
4. NY Jets - Dbrickashaw Ferguson
5. Green Bay - AJ Hawk
6. San Francisco - Vernon Davis
7. Oakland - Vince Young
8. Buffalo - Broderick Bunkley
9. Detriot - Michael Huff
10. Arizona - Jay Cutler
11. St. Louis- Jimmy Williams
12. Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley
13. Baltimore - Haloti Ngata
14. Philly - Winston Justice
15. Broncos - Chad Jackson
16. Dolphins - Santonio Holmes(although id rather Whitner)
17. Vikings - Ernie Sims
18. Dallas - Chad Greenway
19. Chargers - Antonio Cromartie
20. Chiefs - Tye Hill
21. Patriots - Manny Lawson
22. San Fran - DeMeco Ryans
23. Tampa Bay - Donte Whitner
24. Cincy - Jason Allen
25. Giants - Ashton Youbouty
26. Chicago - Sinorice Moss
27. Carolina - DeAngelo Williams
28. Jax - Bobby Carpenter
29. Jets - Nick Mangold
30. Colts - Laurence Maroney
31. Seahawks - Jonathon Joseph
32. Steelers - Ko Simpson

This is my Nick Saban, draft day magic special:

1.Houston-Reggie Bush
2.New Orleans- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3.Tennessee- Vince Young
4.New York Jets- Matt Leinart
5.Green Bay- Mario Williams
6.San Francisco- AJ Hawk
7.Oakland- Vernon Davis
8.Buffalo- Brodrick Bunkley
9.Detroit- Michael Huff
10.Arizona- Winston Justice
11.St. Louis- Jimmy Williams
12.Cleveland- Haloti Ngata
13.Baltimore-Kamerion Wimbley
14.Philadelphia- Chad Greenway
15.Denver-Chad Jackson
16.Minnesota-(Trade with MIA) * - Jay Cutler
17. Kansas City- (Trade with MIA) ** - Santonio Holmes
18.Dallas- Donte Whitner
19.San Diego- Tye Hill
20.Carolina-(Trade with MIA)*** - Lendale White
21.New England- DeAngelo Williams
22.San Fransisco- Johnathan Joseph
23.Tampa Bay- Ernie Simms
24.Cincinnati- Jason Allen
25.New York Giants- Laurence Maroney
26.Chicago- Sinorice Moss
27. Miami- Manny Lawson
28.Jacksonville- Bobby Carpenter
29.New York Jets- Tamba Hali
30.Indianapolis- Demeco Ryans
31.Seattle- Antonio Cromartie
32.Pittsburgh- Maurice Stovall

*Miami trades the 16th pick to Minnesota for Minnesota’s #17 pick and a 4th round pick, #115 overall.
**Miami trades the 17th pick to Kansas City for Kansas City’s #20 pick and a 3rd round pick, #85 overall
***Miami trades the 20th pick to Carolina for the #27 pick and a 2nd round pick, #58 overall

Finfanforever said:
Guys, I have tried 2 times tp post my 1st round mock to no avail. For some reason the Admin would not let me post. I type very slow so it took me some 20 min each time I attempted so...I'm over it.:tantrum: Sorry, count me out. :boohoo: I do have the Fins taking Santonio Holmes with the 16th pick.

try typing it on microsoft word then cutting and pasting.

Avigatorx said:

*Miami trades the 16th pick to Minnesota for Minnesota’s #17 pick and a 4th round pick, #115 overall.
**Miami trades the 17th pick to Kansas City for Kansas City’s #20 pick and a 3rd round pick, #85 overall
***Miami trades the 20th pick to Carolina for the #27 pick and a 2nd round pick, #58 overall

That would be freakin awesome!

so who do we take with these extra picks?

1.Houston - Mario Williams DE
2.New Orleans- Reggie Bush RB
3.Tennesse- Vince Young QB
4.New York Jets- Matt Leinert QB
5.Green Bay- Vernon Davis TE
6.San Francisco- D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT
7.Oakland- Jay Cutler QB
8.Buffalo- AJ Hawk LB
9.Detroit- Michael Huff DB
10.Arizona- Winston Justice OT
11.St.louis- Tye Hill DB
12.Cleveland- Haloti Ngata DT
13.Baltimore- Jimmy Williams DB
14.Philadelphia- Santonio Holmes WR
15.Denver- Chad Jackson WR
16.Miami- Manny Lawson DE
17.Minnesota- Ernie Sims LB
18.Dallas- Kamerion Wimbley DE
19.San Diego- Antonio Cromartie DB
20.Kansas City- Richard Marshall DB
21.New England- Bobbie Carpenter LB
22.San Francisco- Jason Allen DB
23.Tampa Bay- Jonathan Joseph DB
24.Cincinnati- Tamba Hali DE
25.New York Giants- Broderick Bunkley DT
26.Chicago- Leonard Pope TE
27.Carolina- Deangelo Williams RB
28.Jacksonville- Lendale White RB
29.New York Jets- Eric Winston OT
30.Indianapolis- Laurence Maroney RB
31.Seattle- Ashton Youboty DB
32.Pittsburgh- Donte Whitner DB

EDIT - Submitted wrong mock.

Here goes...........again

1. Texans – M.Williams
2. Saints – D.Ferguson
3. Titans – M.Lienart
4. Jets – R.Bush
5. Packers – V.Davis
6. 49ers – A.Hawk
7. Raiders – V.Young
8. Bills – W.Justice
9. Lions – M.Huff
10. Cardinals – J.Cutler
11. Rams – J.Williams
12. Browns – K.Wimbley
13. Ravens – A.Cromartie
14. Eagles – C.Jackson
15. Broncos – S.Holmes
16. Dolphins – M.Lawson
17. Vikings – E.Sims
18. Cowboys – H.Ngata
19. Chargers – T.Hill
20. Chiefs – D.Whitner
21. Patriots – J.Joseph
22. 49ers – M.Lewis
23. Bucs – T.Hali
24. Bengals – K.Jennings
25. Giants – L.Maroney
26. Bears – S.Moss
27. Panthers – D.Ryans
28. Jaguars – L.Pope
29. Jets – N.Mangold
30. Colts – D.Williams
31. Seahawks – J.Allen
32. Steelers – L.White

Heres mine

Check this out!
Look i see it like this
Bush-Houston
Williams- Saints
Young-tenn
DBrickashaw-Jets
Aj Hawk-GB
Vernon Davis-SF
Matt Leinhart-OAK
WInston Justice-Buff
Michael Huff-DET
Haloti Ngata-Car
Jay Cutler-STL
Brodrick Bunkley-Baltimore
Chad Greenway-Phi
CHad Jackson-Denver
sanantonio holmes-miami it was close between whitner and Holmes :cooldude:
Trade with Jets, who takes Kameron WImbley- for their 29th and 36 picks
Donte Whitner-DALLAS
whoever the fins dont take with their first-SD- Manny Lawson
Jimmy WIlliams-KC
Bobby Carpenter-NE
Dengelo Williams- Denver
sinorice Moss- TB
Tye Hill- Cin
Nick Mangold-NYG
Antonio Cromartie-Chicago
Lawerence Maroney- Carolina
Thomas Howard- Jax
Demeco Ryans-Minn
Lendale white-Ind
Jason Alllen-Seattle
Tamba Hali- pittsbrgh :D

Remember you can change up until 1hr before the draft tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom