Official Game Thread: France vs Portugal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: France vs Portugal

I will have to pull for Portugal since France upset my Brazil pick (although it wasnt much of a stretch to think Brazil would win this), and I just find it so hard to pull for France.....anyway, ultimately I am pulling for Italy (which knocked off my family's homeland) to win the whole thing.

HysterikiLL said:
clear.gif

:sidelol:

France = Brazil's Daddy :lol:

France should win. Zidane has been playing some inspired football. Look for him to continue today. Henry needs to stop getting called offside though. It happens to him too often IMO>

¡Não! Esperou que Portugal ganhe. ¡Vai Portugal!

Go Portugal!....no frog eaters in the World Cup final!:sidelol:

Quick stats

France hasn't lost to Portugal in 30 years
15 Wins out of 20 games

Luis Felipe Scolari (Portugal's HC) has a 12 game undefeated streak in WC's (Brazil, Portugal)

getting undeway.....here we go...I will be shocked if France doesnt advance, but wouldnt upset me at all if they dont.

I'm no expert, but in the early going doesn't it seem like France is more organized. On the other hand, that Figo is really amazing. The way he handles the ball it's as if his feet aren't even touching the ball and it moves.

Its been amazing to me watching this world cup, and listening to all the "whistles" from fans in the stands vs. the official "whistle" by the ref....I swear sometimes I hear a whistle thinking its from the pitch only to realize the action continues and it must be from the fans, etc.

Anyone find this amazing.....why do they allow "whistles" to be brought in to the stadium since its the one signal the ref has and uses?

I have never played in stadiums this big and full.....perhaps the players cant even hear the ones the fans blow....just amazing to me.

finsmx said:
Quick stats

France hasn't lost to Portugal in 30 years
15 Wins out of 20 games

Luis Felipe Scolari (Portugal's HC) has a 12 game undefeated streak in WC's (Brazil, Portugal)

there's always a first time...Va mos Portugal:D

BigDogsHunt said:
Its been amazing to me watching this world cup, and listening to all the "whistles" from fans in the stands vs. the official "whistle" by the ref....I swear sometimes I hear a whistle thinking its from the pitch only to realize the action continues and it must be from the fans, etc.

Anyone find this amazing.....why do they allow "whistles" to be brought in to the stadium since its the one signal the ref has and uses?

I have never played in stadiums this big and full.....perhaps the players cant even hear the ones the fans blow....just amazing to me.

Never seen it happen in a WC, but in MLS I remember one game where a defender stopped trying to prevent an onrushing forward from scoring a goal (the goal was scored) because he heard a whistle he thought was from the ref.

It's actually impressive how seldom this is ever a problem.

Back
Top Bottom