Official Game Thread: Germany vs Poland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Germany vs Poland

ckb2001 said:
When I lived in Germany from '89-'96 (in Hannover mostly) I occasionally saw NFL fan stuff being sold. It's curious the only teams represented were SF, Pitt, Dallas and Miami. I don't know maybe (probably) I didn't look too carefully, but I remember noticing only a few teams being represented and those always being the same ones.

My wife comes from Germany.

Hmm OK, now that I read that link more carefully, they say it's possible the Hindus had it in the 3rd or 4th century AD, but not sure. 9th century AD is certain. But the Babylonians had it at least by 1st to 4th century BC.

Oh, man this is education.. the Babylonian zero meant "empty" but was not the number zero as we know it according to that link. So, they say our number zero is likely a Hindu invention dated at the latest in the 9th century AD.

ckb2001 said:
Hmm OK, now that I read that link more carefully, they say it's possible the Hindus had it in the 3rd or 4th century AD, but not sure. 9th century AD is certain. But the Babylonians had it at least by 1st to 4th century BC.

I have plenty of links that say that the Mayas invented the 0, but they're in spanish:(

ckb2001 said:
Oh, man this is education.. the Babylonian zero meant "empty" but was not the number zero as we know it according to that link. So, they say our number zero is likely a Hindu invention dated at the latest in the 9th century AD.

Dont you love finheaven we watch soccer and get a education at the same time.

TotoreMexico said:
I have plenty of links that say that the Mayas invented the 0, but they're in spanish:(

OK, if there is some dispute that arises here, I'll gladly do some research on it. The only problem with the link I gave you is it's not clear that's from a respected historian on the issue. Anyway, if you can find a link I can read (sorry can't read Spanish) that says the Mayas had it before the Hindus, tell me and I'll look into it deeper.

Whitedolphin54 said:
I dont see anybody laughing :lol: . How on earth did the Hindu's and the Babylonians get brought up in conversation during a Hun- Poland game :confused:

The invented soccer :sidelol: OK, now that IS a joke!

Whitedolphin54 said:
I dont see anybody laughing :lol: . How on earth did the Hindu's and the Babylonians get brought up in conversation during a Hun- Poland game :confused:

:lol: :hmmm::confused2

ckb2001 said:
OK, if there is some dispute that arises here, I'll gladly do some research on it. The only problem with the link I gave you is it's not clear that's from a respected historian on the issue. Anyway, if you can find a link I can read (sorry can't read Spanish) that says the Mayas had it before the Hindus, tell me and I'll look into it deeper.

K, I'll try to find one in english

Back
Top Bottom