Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Italy

I'm just recently getting into soccer, so how does Italy match up with the USA team???

icephinfan said:
I'm just recently getting into soccer, so how does Italy match up with the USA team???

Pretty well. Italy has one of the best GKs and Defenses in the World. Their midfield and forwards are talented also. It is going to take a complete game from the US or a disastrous game from Italy for us to win.

icephinfan said:

Like US basketball (assuming they take the game seriously and prepare with their best athletes) taking on the next best in the world. 9 out of 10 the US should win. Similarly, 9 out of 10 Italy should win or tie, with winning more likely.

On paper they are better in every position. Ins ome positions they are 10x better.

But football isn't played on paper and there have been bigger upsets. As Prime Time says, it will take a monumental effort for the USA to get anything and really a draw doesn't do them that much good because of the margin by which they lost to the Czech.

Predictions for today due to general drunkness:

Portugal 4 - Iran 0

Italy 3 - the US 0

Czech Republic 2 - Ghana 1

Get ready for a upset today. The US is not going down like this.

I actually believe they will come out and play a much better game against the Italians (easy prediction seeing as they couldn't have played much worse vs. the Chex), but question is will it be enuff. I have listened to the analysts say they need atleast a tie . . . hah, being -3 going into the final match will not get u into the second round. This is a must win for the U.S. . . plain and simple.

Kdawg954 said:
I actually believe they will come out and play a much better game against the Italians (easy prediction seeing as they couldn't have played much worse vs. the Chex), but question is will it be enuff. I have listened to the analysts say they need atleast a tie . . . hah, being -3 going into the final match will not get u into the second round. This is a must win for the U.S. . . plain and simple.
:yeahthat:

Italy 3 USA 1, the only USA goal its scored by Pele coming from the stands.

Its not going to be an easy game for the Italians. I believe the Americans will most defenitley come out on fire. They are a very proud soccer team, and have yet to play to their potential.

They are more than capable of winning this game, especially after seeing the holes the Italian def. had in the Ghana game.

You know who I'm rooting for, and who I believe will win, but I doubt it will be an easy task. Like the Americans, my Italians must play a sound game of football themselves.

USA! USA!

Both of their remaining games are must wins and even with that, they may need outside help to get to the 2nd round.

Well, hopefully Ghana can beat the Czechs. That will make things very interesting. If that happens and Italy beats the czechs, than all you would need is a win against Ghana. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom