Official name for the Marty Mornhinweg for OC bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official name for the Marty Mornhinweg for OC bandwagon

The funny part to me is that I didn't follow his previous position as an OC. I did, however, hear about him frequently once I moved to Detroit. He was constantly criticized, and quite often made to look like a complete and total moron. His press conferences made me laugh more than Wanny's. I must say that I am a bit worried about hiring him, but I will defer to your more informed judgements.

:D

phinphanphrommi said:
The funny part to me is that I didn't follow his previous position as an OC. I did, however, hear about him frequently once I moved to Detroit. He was constantly criticized, and quite often made to look like a complete and total moron. His press conferences made me laugh more than Wanny's. I must say that I am a bit worried about hiring him, but I will defer to your more informed judgements.

:D
before he became the Lions' HC he brought a really good rep as an OC, he was looked to be asaviour at Detroit but he and Millen did not hit it off and it seemd that that everything was off kilter, he has done a good job since and as an OC would not be a bad idea, having the whole thing as HC, he just isn't the right person, after all the greatest Co-ordinator does not necessarily begat the greatest HC.

His offenses in San Francisco routinely rated in the top ten in both rushing and passing. In 1998, Mornhinweg's offense was #1 in passing, #1 in rushing, #1 in yards per rush, #1 in yards per pass attempt, #1 overall, and #3 in scoring.

In 1998, Steve Young's last healthy season, his offense gained over 4,500 yards passing, over 2,500 yards rushing, averaged over 8 yards per passing attempt, averaged over 5 yards per rushing attempt, and scored 479 points.

Back
Top Bottom