**Official NCAA Championship Tournament Thread** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Championship Tournament Thread**

Number 1 reason why you can win a National title: elite point guard play.

What. A. Game.

Number 1 reason why you can win a National title: elite point guard play.

What. A. Game.

and berating officials until they call every BS call in your favor. once duke went down 9 and K called that time out to berate the officials that game was over. the multiple Winslow charges that were not called(one was called a block), the flop that was called a charge on Wisconsin, the balls going OOb off duke given to Wisconsin(including one w/ replay review), Winslow stepping OOB then passing to Okafor for the 3 pt play opportunity. Every time duke wins there has to be controversy, I am so sick of it. haven't won a legit title since 1992 yet they have 3 more since then.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Great game so far. Hope it stays like this the whole way.

it couldn't b/c the officials had to work their way in to ruin it.

Still one more game to go before we lay this season to bed: UConn vs ND for the women's title. But let's not kid ourselves here, if ND comes within 12 points of UConn I'd be surprised.

and berating officials until they call every BS call in your favor. once duke went down 9 and K called that time out to berate the officials that game was over. the multiple Winslow charges that were not called(one was called a block), the flop that was called a charge on Wisconsin, the balls going OOb off duke given to Wisconsin(including one w/ replay review), Winslow stepping OOB then passing to Okafor for the 3 pt play opportunity. Every time duke wins there has to be controversy, I am so sick of it. haven't won a legit title since 1992 yet they have 3 more since then.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

it couldn't b/c the officials had to work their way in to ruin it.

Meh, the Duke and refs in bed together thing has always been overblown. Wisconsin was up 9 with 13 mins left to play and then they fell apart. Frank was the only one having an outstanding game. Dekker disappeared. Their offense went to 1 on 1s too much (believe me I know it when I see it being a U of L fan). And then Tyus Jones stole the rest of it with the help of everyone's new favorite Duke player to hate Grayson Allen.

Meh, the Duke and refs in bed together thing has always been overblown. Wisconsin was up 9 with 13 mins left to play and then they fell apart. Frank was the only one having an outstanding game. Dekker disappeared. Their offense went to 1 on 1s too much (believe me I know it when I see it being a U of L fan). And then Tyus Jones stole the rest of it with the help of everyone's new favorite Duke player to hate Grayson Allen.

No it hasn't, their last 3 titles were built on it. after the 9 point lead the refs went to work. duke made plays, duke was aggressive and they deserve credit for that but 3 times balls went out off duke clearly, all 3 went back to duke. the Winslow plays, the out of bounds, etc...that game was determined by awful officiating and this after duke got a creampuff road to the title game essentially beating 4 mid majors and a 7 seed while another team knocked off UK for them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-calls-in-the-2015-ncaa-tournament/?tid=sm_fb

After the initial 20 minutes, Duke had been whistled for seven fouls and Wisconsin just two. That isn’t unusual — the Badgers typically defend without sending opponents to the free throw line — but coach Mike Krzyzewski wasn’t going to let the game’s three referees enter the half without a thorough haranguing.

Fast-forward to the second half, and though Wisconsin had a nine-point lead with 13 minutes remaining, the foul disparity had completely flipped. The Badgers had accumulated nine fouls by the nine minute mark,

this was a defensive foul that led to a 3 pt play for duke:

https://vine.co/v/eBbpZFVhawH/embed/simple

this was an offensive foul:

https://vine.co/v/eBbDpwI9jxI/embed/simple

that's really all we need to know

Coach Bo Ryan was salty about the discrepancy after the game, and while it may not have been the most optically opportune time to criticize the officiating — his team averaged just 12 fouls a game this season but was whistled for 13 fouls in Monday night’s second half alone — he was right. Duke did get all the calls during the NCAA tournament.

The team’s free throw rate for the NCAA tournament fell just under its season average (37 percent), but from the Sweet 16 to the title game, Duke benefited from a tremendous amount of whistles — their combined rate against Utah, Gonzaga, Michigan State and Wisconsin ballooned to 50 percent.

Those extra freebies greatly helped against Wisconsin. The Blue Devils attempted six free throws in a four-minute span immediately after the Badgers opened up a nine-point lead, and those generously awarded attempts kept Duke within striking distance while Justise Winslow and Jahlil Okafor sat on the bench.

All coaches worth their salt attempt to influence the refs. If Bo Ryan wasn't jawing at the refs in the second half then that's his own fault. You're just being a whiney UNC fan.

There was no video in the Ferguson incident. There's VERY clear video in this one. The officer shot an unarmed, fleeing subject in the back. Regardless of what happened before or after that very second is irrelevent. He broke the very letter of the law, end of story. No matter what YOU think you need to see further changes that fact. It was enough for his own police force to not stand beside him but yet you need to see more evidence to make sure. You are just arguing for arguing's sake. Like you usually do on this site.

for some reason the POFO thread was locked so I will respond to Lou's post from there.

it's not about just working refs, why should a coach have to work the refs to get proper calls made? it was about a series of BAD calls that ALL went in duke's favor.

the and 1 when it should have been an offensive foul from Allen
ball out off duke then they give it back then Winslow steps OOB and passes to Okafor for and one opportunity
Winslow runs over defender, should have been a charge but they call it a block and he gets 2 free points at the line
Winslow runs over another player and they let it go w/ no call
Wisconsin player backs down Jones, the slightest contact and Jones flops and they call an offensive foul
ball goes off duke, they go to monitor and STILL give it back to duke

if duke wins legitimately I tip my cap, this game was handed to them.

Back
Top Bottom