**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is. I'm not a fan of the NBA. Its barely basketball. They dribble a basketball and shoot it into a hoop, that as close as they get. The real game is in college. I played high school ball and know alot about the sport, much more than I know about football.

I am of course a Louisville fan. I was at their exhibition game tonight and saw a ton of potential. They are a sleeper team in the Big East. Mark my words, Derrick Caracter will be freshman of the year in the Big East. I'm a Duke fan too. They should be fun to watch.

Go ahead, discuss all things NCAA basketball. I know there's some Gator fans on here that want to put in their 2 cents worth!!:D

LouPhinFan said:
Ok here it is. I'm not a fan of the NBA. Its barely basketball. They dribble a basketball and shoot it into a hoop, that as close as they get. The real game is in college. I played high school ball and know alot about the sport, much more than I know about football.

I am of course a Louisville fan. I was at their exhibition game tonight and saw a ton of potential. They are a sleeper team in the Big East. Mark my words, Derrick Caracter will be freshman of the year in the Big East. I'm a Duke fan too. They should be fun to watch.

Go ahead, discuss all things NCAA basketball. I know there's some Gator fans on here that want to put in their 2 cents worth!!:D

doubt caracter will be freshmen of the year with uconn getting Hasheem Thabeet 7''3 270 lbs. of center monster :yes:

Freshmen of the year in the Big East

Paul Harris G Syracuse

Reports thus far is he is every bit as good as Carmelo Anthony when he first came to Syracuse.

I only watch the NBA to see my favorite former college ballers.

Carolina had their first exhibition game last night, a 110-79 win.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/585800.html

The favorite for NPOY:
372691-1.jpg

yeah the exhibition games are starting. I don't put too much into the scores because these coaches play everybody, and they try out new defenses and run a million offensive sets to see what works and doesn't.

So some of these scores look like they were competitive games almost when in reality they weren't.

MikeO said:
Freshmen of the year in the Big East

Paul Harris G Syracuse

Reports thus far is he is every bit as good as Carmelo Anthony when he first came to Syracuse.

Hasheem Thabeet - 2007 Big East Freshmen of the Year

thabeet_str-1.jpg

Thabeet, a 7-foot-3 specimen from Tanzania, blocked seven shots in the Huskies' first exhibition game. He's still a work in progress on the offensive end but will be a major force in the middle on D.

Those oversea guys are always a work in progress. He is good he will be great. But for freshmen of the year........maybe.

I don't think so right now though. Time will tell

MikeO said:
Those oversea guys are always a work in progress. He is good he will be great. But for freshmen of the year........maybe.

I don't think so right now though. Time will tell

guy looks like a monster on defense...think if marcus williams, rudy gay, and josh boone would of all returned...i'd say uconn then would be the favorite for the national title...anyway uconn will be in march madness this year but will be lucky to even reach the sweet 16

Buddwalk said:
guy looks like a monster on defense...think if marcus williams, rudy gay, and josh boone would of all returned...i'd say uconn then would be the favorite for the national title...anyway uconn will be in march madness this year but will be lucky to even reach the sweet 16

UConn got 3 years out of those guys, it's hard to complain. Nobody can play the what if game more than Carolina as the heels have lost more talent early to the NBA than anybody. There's no guarantees but i'm pretty confident if players stayed 4 years the heels would have 4-5 more Championships in the last 30 years or so.

My favorite sport use to be the NBA, but it has really gone downhill since the late 1980's. I still love my Sixers but not like I use to. I think college ball is much more enjoyable. You have the great rivalries like Duke-UNC which make the game fun to watch. The kids play hard because they love the game, not because they are getting paid. There are too many whiney crybaby thugs in the NBA. I look for the Florida Gators to have a big year, but my pick to win it all is Ohio State....they are loaded!!!! They could win it all in football and basketball this year.

Buddwalk said:
doubt caracter will be freshmen of the year with uconn getting Hasheem Thabeet 7''3 270 lbs. of center monster :yes:

I've heard about him, but all I can go on is by what I saw last night.

Imagine a 6'8" 275 lbs forward with the agility of a 6'3" guard. Soft touch with his baby hook and of course being 275 hes got a power game. I didn't see him try any jump shots, so I don't know how reliable his 15 foot jumpshot is, but he oozes talent.

here's my 2 cents, Bama beat half the final four, and almost beat UCLA. And they're just going to get better. Look for another deep Bama run this year. Florida, and LSU better watch their backs because the Tide going to roll all over them.

Frank Haith and the Canes should have a tough year..they are a very young team with Hite and Diaz gone to the NBA...PG Harris and Clemente should have big years in scoring for Miami, along with Asbury and King..I just hope for the U to have a fun year and compete at their best with the ACC :yes:

Back
Top Bottom