*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 4-7 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 4-7

I'm in the minority, but I like Van Ginkel. And I didn't realize he had a nice combine. Smart defensive player who gave the Hurricanes fits. I would have thought of him as a 6th or 7th round motor pick, but his combine results may portend a higher ceiling than I'd have thought.

I'm in the minority, but I like Van Ginkel. And I didn't realize he had a nice combine. Smart defensive player who gave the Hurricanes fits. I would have thought of him as a 6th or 7th round motor pick, but his combine results may portend a higher ceiling than I'd have thought.

He's the kind of guy who makes big tackles in a playoff game for the Patriots on their way to the SB, and people are like "WHO?" That's how they draft.

I'm a betting man and I'd have laid 2/1 odds that this LBer would have been there in the 6th...5/1 odds that he's there in the 7th.

I graded the draft an A- before this pick. I'm dripping it a full grade down to B-.

I love how most moves fins have made seem to provide flexibility going forward.
Ability of Wilkins and Deiter to play different positions, the possibility of Rosen being our guy (Sure would be nice to trade a 2020 top 3 pick away for a king's ransom)
Pushing draft capital into next year with saints trade was also wise when you consider this year is a guaranteed sub 500.

There were several players I would've liked to end up with that went elsewhere but the truth is we've been served a nice slice of cake. I'd love ice cream too but I'll have to be patient.

I love how most moves fins have made seem to provide flexibility going forward.
Ability of Wilkins and Deiter to play different positions, the possibility of Rosen being our guy (Sure would be nice to trade a 2020 top 3 pick away for a king's ransom)
Pushing draft capital into next year with saints trade was also wise when you consider this year is a guaranteed sub 500.

There were several players I would've liked to end up with that went elsewhere but the truth is we've been served a nice slice of cake. I'd love ice cream too but I'll have to be patient.

great post.

Eagles always win trades against us... glad we didn't take it. What's wrong with our draft? Years of bad decision making always left us with few draft picks. Thankfully that era seems to be coming to a close.

I wouldn't say it lacks star power, since I believe we're veering away from that approach, but I don't see much upside.

We also still have a lot of roster spots to fill. Would have preferred a trade down, even in the 3rd, to accumulate more picks.

At this late stage of the game...what type of player are you looking for?

Some of your assessments have been head-scratchers.

Feel free to let me know which ones. I don’t think I have ever read any of yours.

True off ball Lbs that lack instincts end up eye sores, jags, and career special teamer types.

a couple good edge rushers left here: Jelks, Brailford, Ray

I like G Drew Forbes, and read some great stuff about him leading up to today

Also T Oli Udoh

Back
Top Bottom