*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 4-7 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Nfl Draft Discussion Thread *** Rounds 4-7

I didn’t want to start a new thread to post this but passing along some info I just heard on 94.1 WIP a sports talk station in Philly. Ray Didinger is hosting the mid day show, Ray is the foremost expert on all things Philadelphia Eagles. He’s the author of the franchise’s team history encyclopedia (when’s the last you typed that word?). He’s as respected as they get in the sports media world.

So to my point.....

He said the Eagles were hoping to trade up for Wilkins. They had a REALLY high grade on CW. We foiled that obviously. The Eagles planned on trading up for the most impactful player they could get value for in the first. Wilkins next to Fletcher Cox would’ve probably gotten them another Trophy. That LT was a bigger need for them so they made out ok.

Didinger also noted of that he thought Wilkins was the best of the Clemson DL.

If you needed another reason to smile....

Edit: wanted to note that I’m at work, officially. Unofficially sitting in my car listening to the radio because I can’t get enough draft talk.

I give Didinger the side eye because of his constant idolization of Carson Wentz. I really started to look at him as a fan with credentials when he boiled Nelson Agholar for not developing without noting that Wentz only throws to two people (Ertz and Jeffries). Strangely enough, when Wentz went down...Agholar balled out, along with everyone else on that offense. They were practically unstoppable with Foles throwing it to the open man.

Ya, I thought he was the only player they’d consider passing on Haskins for, although I thought they would’ve ultimately taken the QB.

Eagles made the wiser decision because Jason Peters is hanging on by a thread, or more like torn muscle. It’s nuts that the Eagles won the super bowl without Wentz and Peters playing significant amounts.

Moving forward it’s all in Carson.

If your going to learn anything from the Eagles that would be positive for us is the importance of commradre amongst teammates and coaches. They won the Super Bowl because they never once believed they wouldn’t. They actually thought they were going to do it again.

Amazing what a great OL can accomplish.
I hear you. I'd love for Miami to build an offensive line like Philly, Dallas or Tennessee.

Alright we are finally getting somewhere close to our pick. within 15.

I kinda expect us to move down and pick up 1 more pick today for 5 total.

If not, Lamont Gaillard has been my #1 day 3 target for a few weeks now.

I give Didinger the side eye because of his constant idolization of Carson Wentz. I really started to look at him as a fan with credentials when he boiled Nelson Agholar for not developing without noting that Wentz only throws to two people (Ertz and Jeffries). Strangely enough, when Wentz went down...Agholar balled out, along with everyone else on that offense. They were practically unstoppable with Foles throwing it to the open man.

Agholor belongs in the slot and he’s a testament to giving a player some time to develop. He’s a good player but he seems destined for a new team already. They can’t pay him.

They don’t win the super bowl without Nelson.

I'd be happy if just one of these players get drafted today by the Fins

DE-- Joe Jackson, Charles Omenihu, Corbin Kafusi

OL-- Yosh Nijman, Tyler Roemer, Shaq Calhoun, Treven Tate, Ross Peirschbacher

RB-- LJ Scott, Dexter Williams, Taiwan Deal, Myles Gaskin

I wished we would have traded some picks/player and gotten in on the 4th round. There were a few players there that would have made our team. Well...its been quite a loooong afternoon and now were almost up. Let see what we get.

Back
Top Bottom