Official Saturday Camp Report Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Saturday Camp Report Thread

VanDolPhan said:
That will all change once the pads go on but if he opens up training camp at LT then Houck must be seeing something.

God what an indictment it will be on Wise/Wanny if Carey opens the season at LT and plays solid.

But it would be a credit to RS.

Anyone think Welker may get playing time at WR? he may be a find if Saban can find a spot for him. Be it at 4th WR.

yeah it sounds like hes doin pretty well at camp.

spirited ... just how it was in the summer of '96 ... i just hope this regime has more stick-to-it-iveness as the years go by...

I would first like to say i met a lot of very nice fellow fin-atics at the practice today. I wanted to go to the morning one but the weather looked bad so i hit up the afternoon one.

1. Wes Welker looked great. He really looked comfortable in the 3 and 4 receiver sets. He had some nice catches and only dropped one, but he was almost being engulfed by the D.

2. Ronnie brown had some nice runs and a particuarly nice screen swing pass that went for 20+ yards. The D was pi$$ed after that one.

3. Jason taylor was dropping back into coverage like a linebacker for a lot of the practice. Also when in the 3-4 he would stand up and go between the NT and the DE. Also various times Jeff zgonina would be back in the secondary. Everytime there was a pass the guy was always near it. Also let me say he has the biggest calves of the entire team, and almost no fat that boy is built.

4. Daniels was doing great in the secondary. He was disrupting the pass and really looked like he knew what he was doing.

5. Saban was screaming his *** of some of the time. It was a riot. "DAVID!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!" (DAVID BOWENS)

6. Boston was not wearing an injury jersey today and looked alright. He played on the second team and was not yet running at full tilt.

7. McMichael grabbed some crazy hard passes, and then dropped some easy ones. He also got trucked in the face and was lying on the field for about 30 sec or so. He was fine afterward joking around on the sidelines.

8. Kay-jay was great!!! He literaly picked up ronnie brown and brought him to the fence to sign autographs. I got kay-jay to sign a ball and wished him the best of luck.

9. Feeley was first string today, Ferrote was second, Rosenfels third. Rosenfels had two very nice longballs that made us all clap. Feeley was looking OK, and Ferrotte a little better in the 11-11 and 7-7, But feeley played against the 1st string defense a lot more.

10. Tebucky looked like he had something to prove out there and was always going around giving out advice.

I am very excited about this year, The D really does mix it up with the blitzer always coming from somewhere different. Thanks for reading GO FINS!!!

hdjetta6316 said:
7. McMichael grabbed some crazy hard passes, and then dropped some easy ones.

Imagine that. :lol: I wish Saban would get on his ARSE hard about this crap. It's absolutely nothing but focus: he concentrates on the tough ones, and takes the gimmes for granted.

Thanks for the report!

Good camp reports guys thanks. Question: After tomorrow, when is the next camp? (Yes I know it's not open to the public).

Afternoon review

Ok here's my afternoon review:

1. First team (with AJ) looked good a LOT of balls were dropped in my opinion, on both 1 and 2 team.

2. Coach must have yelled at Damion at least 3 times so damn loud the jets could hear him.. he was not happy with some of his playing.

3. Matt roth is an animal, i thought it was hype. The guy plays HARD

4. Kay Jay harris played very well and was very friendly post practice

5. AJ had good velocity and accuracy. Gus definetly knew the play book better

6. The Defense (Seau ) did in fact get quite angry a few times when they messed up.

7. Mare missed a 40 yarder (left)

8. Welker looked great, its funny to see the whitest man in america, in our reciving corps.

9. TerryTate, and other UCF alums (Myself included) Atari Bigby had great coverage and even stripped a ball and batted one down (that i saw)

10. The O-line did give much better coverage the last seasons prctice.

11. at the end of practice KJ picked up ronnie Brown and carried him over to do signatures. Ronnie joked that if he got fined for being late to the post practice meeting that we (the fans) would have to pay the bill.

12. Jason taylor and his kids were wrestling on the field post practice a very "cute" scene

All in all things looked better now then they did last year. there is a lot of play reviewing, it really does seem likequite alot of plays. There was lots of 3-4 and a bunch of different Def looks throughout practice.

Tommorow I'm at the coaches clinic so hopefully i can give you a better report. I took over 160 pictures at practice so I will post them for you guys to take a look at and put the link back on this page.

this has been the best off-season football day!!! You guys have no idea how great a job you do - all of us out-of-towners are in your debt - thank you

Back
Top Bottom