***Official Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Cardinals Vs. Steelers*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Super Bowl XLIII Game Thread - Cardinals Vs. Steelers***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! :) Tampa, florida will host the Super Bowl for the forth time, and first since 2001 as the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers will meet in Super Bowl XLIII.

Cardinals will try to win their first NFL Championship since defeating the Philadelphia Eagles 28-21 in 1947. Steelers are also trying the first NFL team to win six Super Bowl championships.

Al Michaels and John Madden will announce the game commentary along with sideline reporters Andrea Kramer and Cris Collinsworth on NBC Sportsd, with WTVJ NBC 6 televising in Miami. Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason will also announce the game commentary along with sideline reporters John dockery and Marc Malone nationally on the Westwood One Radio Network, and locally on WIOD 610AM.

I wish both teams to play with no penalties, turnovers, and injuries in front of a worldwide audience.

Go Cardinals! ;) :woot:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/43

My Super Bowl Prediction: Pittsburgh 24 - Arizona 10

I think Pitt's defense gets it done today. They have been the best unit in the league this season and I think Polamalu ends up with the Super Bowl MVP. Big Ben will do just enough to win the game but I think the Steelers D gets at least 1 defensive touchdown. Arizona has a hard time running the ball which is usually a recipe for a loss in a SB.

I will be rooting for Arizona though just because rooting for the Steelers seems like rooting for the Yankees or Celtics.

Prediction: Arizona Cardinals - 20 Pittsburgh Steelers - 17

I think this will be a pretty low scoring affair on both side of the ball. Defense will be the theme for this game, as both teams have talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Arizona's Keys to the game:

Offense- Protect, protect, protect. The Cardinals OL must keep Kurt Warner off his back and reduce the number of hits he takes. It has been know that of you get pressure on Warner he WILL turn the ball over. Warner has been much better this season at protecting the ball and you can credit Wisenhunt for Warner's improvement. The Cards have often attacked teams with quick passes and motion to get the defense out of position. It also doesn't hurt to have the best WR duo in the league in Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Defense - Create turnovers. This defense has been outstanding in the playoffs at getting turnovers. They have been exposed in the passing game, but they have a lot of playmakers on their team and their defense has been much underrated. Adrian Wilson is the most underrated player in the NFL on defense. He is a great tackler, big, strong, fast, and very smart. He is often brought down into the box as an eighth defender and often blitzes from the edge. Wilson has company as Dansby, Dockett, and Rolle provide big plays for this defense. Look for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to square of on Santonio Holmes. Both are speedsters and DRC is playing very well as a rookie accounting for 2 INTs in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh's keys to the game:

Offense - Run the ball effectively. The Cards defense thrives off turnovers and the best way to keep them honest is by running the ball. Willie Parker is as healthy as he's been all season and this would take a lot of pressure of Big Ben. With Ward not at 100%, keeping pressure off the OL to pass block will be key.

Defense - No doubt the Steelers have the better defense and if the Steelers win the game it will be because of the defense. Harrison and Woodley will do their best to get pressure on Warner. Look for the Steelers to come with a lot of zone blitzes rather than their usual jail bait blitzes. Warner has been great at getting rid of the ball quickly this year and Pittsburgh will look for ways to make Warner make a mistake. You can pretty much count out the Cards running game for this one as the Steelers are only allowing about 80 yards per game.

Overview:

Look for a great chess match of a game today, in Dick LeBeau versus Ken Wisenhunt. Both know each other very well from their 2006 run as Super Bowl champs. I expect a dog fight and a very physical game. Defense wins Championships and I do think the Cards have a good defense as well. This game could go either way, but I am just excited to see a good game. I usually root for the underdogs so I would love to see an Arizona franchise that has been so bad for so long finally get its day in the sun. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win!

Go Cardinals. I hope Edge has a big day on offense and Calais and Antrel have big days on D.

Kicks off at 11:25pm here in London, got the snacks ready, gonna be a big game!

Steelers should win, but don't be suprised if the Cards take an early lead and hold on till the end. Big games for Fitz and Holmes. Can't wait for it to get started.

Let's go Cardinals!

34-7 Steelers. Willie Parker has a big game. The Steelers D dominates.

It's not often there's a team in the Superbowl which I really want to win. Last year, I was bitter and just wanted New England to lose but this time round I really want Arizona to win. I don't think they will but, then again, I didn't think that in their last two games either and was slightly surprised when the Atlanta game went their way too.

I'll be very happy later if Arizona wins, especially as I've got a kind of anti-Steelers thing in my head too. They're one of the very few teams I almost always root against.

I really hope Pittsburgh wins and even more so I hope that there won't be 60-90 minutes worth of pointless coin-toss, national anthem, tribute to Forrest Tucker, etc. nonsense that delays the actual game to about 8PM est.

Add to my wishlist that this is John Madden's last game as an announcer. He is too ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom