Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

i think machida wins 2nd round TKO. whats your take? i know both like to wait and counter punch just hope that's not the case

Anybody watch The Ultimate Fighter? It's kinda corny but it's a guilty pleasure. They're doing team USA vs team UK. I'm not shocked to say the US team is already making fools of themselves.

As for Evans vs Machida, I got Machida by TDO (Techincal Decision Out.) :chuckle:

i think it will be a real good fight. evans is always improving and machida is no joke. i think it will go into the fourth and rashad will gas and get caught with some good shots and that will be that. really looking forward to that card.

UFC 101 will be Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin....really looking foward for this and hoping Griffin kicks his ***!

Hey guys. Only just noticed this thread so thought I'd say hi.

I'm a big UFC fan and echo a lot of your opinions from last time out. Chuck pretty much got me into the sport and to see him vanish like he has over the last 18 months is so sad. I thought he'd showed he still had a little in the tank vs Wanderlei Silva but I guess that was an exception.

Looking forward to Machida vs Sugar. Bout time someone stopped Evans, he's a heck of a fighter but he's a bit dull for me, I'd like to see someone shock him and bring him back to Earth.

Anderson Silva vs Forest seems like a bit of a wasted headliner to me. I don't think there's any doubt Anderson will wipe the deck with Forest, they guy is just so strong with his all round game. He doesn't have any holes. I'd sooner have seen him fight a dominant 205 lbs guy, Chuck 2 years ago or even Rampage.

has anybody played the demo for the ufc game its awesome

Anybody watch The Ultimate Fighter? It's kinda corny but it's a guilty pleasure. They're doing team USA vs team UK. I'm not shocked to say the US team is already making fools of themselves.

I watch it. I'm actually a fan of the show especially when they do two fights in one show. There's only so much of the drama crap I can take tho. I don't mind a little sh** talking here and there, just not 45 minutes of it.

I'm pulling for the US team just because... but they seem to be either old, bitchy guys with a chip on their shoulder or immature guys with attitudes (who cry a lot). I think the UK will probably win both weights because they seem more focused....and Hendo pretty much sucks as a coach.

I hate michael Bisping and I hope hendo pulverizes him. (prolly won't happen:()

Anderson Silva vs Forest seems like a bit of a wasted headliner to me. I don't think there's any doubt Anderson will wipe the deck with Forest, they guy is just so strong with his all round game. He doesn't have any holes. I'd sooner have seen him fight a dominant 205 lbs guy, Chuck 2 years ago or even Rampage.

Really? You don't give Forrest much credit then, or you give Anderson too much credit, either way.

Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage to become the LHW champ. He was also tooling Rashad for 2.5 rounds but got caught. He is still a top 5 LHW.

Looking forward to Machida vs Sugar. Bout time someone stopped Evans, he's a heck of a fighter but he's a bit dull for me, I'd like to see someone shock him and bring him back to Earth.

Evans has a puncher's chance, but he's not the KO expert people have made him out to be. The two big KO's he's been praised for have been against fighters who have questionable chins. Chuck used to have a good chin, but a fighter can only take so many hits, and Griffin got KO'd by Jardine, and Jardine doesn't KO ANYONE. I see Machida getting the KO in round 3 or 4. Dominating the fight throughout.

I also think Silva should kill Griffin.

Really? You don't give Forrest much credit then, or you give Anderson too much credit, either way.

Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage to become the LHW champ. He was also tooling Rashad for 2.5 rounds but got caught. He is still a top 5 LHW.
_________

Griffin beat an out of shape Shogun recovering from a major injury. Shogun was winning the fight before he gassed. He could barely stand up for the majority of the 2nd - just out of exhaustion. Rampage wasn't prepared for the fight with Forrest. He thought it'd be an easy KO, and I still had Rampage winning the fight pretty clearly. I think Griffin benefited from being the UFC's golden boy, and they were going to give him the win in any fight remotely close.

Also, Griffin can't hurt anybody. He has no advantages over Silva save for size, and if he tries to take Silva to the ground, he's nowhere near Silva's grappling level. On the feat, it's clear Silva is one of the two best strikers in MMA - maybe the best. Silva was playing his last fight smart. When Leites would take a nap in the middle of the ring, hoping Silva would engage, Silva knew he was dealing with a world champion Brazilian Jujutsu expert. In Griffin, he has NOTHING to fear. Forrest can't finish good fighters. He can only point them to death or hope they gas.

Evans has a puncher's chance, but he's not the KO expert people have made him out to be. The two big KO's he's been praised for have been against fighters who have questionable chins. Chuck used to have a good chin, but a fighter can only take so many hits, and Griffin got KO'd by Jardine, and Jardine doesn't KO ANYONE. I see Machida getting the KO in round 3 or 4. Dominating the fight throughout.

I also think Silva should kill Griffin.

Griffin beat an out of shape Shogun recovering from a major injury. Shogun was winning the fight before he gassed. He could barely stand up for the majority of the 2nd - just out of exhaustion. Rampage wasn't prepared for the fight with Forrest. He thought it'd be an easy KO, and I still had Rampage winning the fight pretty clearly. I think Griffin benefited from being the UFC's golden boy, and they were going to give him the win in any fight remotely close.

Also, Griffin can't hurt anybody. He has no advantages over Silva save for size, and if he tries to take Silva to the ground, he's nowhere near Silva's grappling level. On the feat, it's clear Silva is one of the two best strikers in MMA - maybe the best. Silva was playing his last fight smart. When Leites would take a nap in the middle of the ring, hoping Silva would engage, Silva knew he was dealing with a world champion Brazilian Jujutsu expert. In Griffin, he has NOTHING to fear. Forrest can't finish good fighters. He can only point them to death or hope they gas.

Wow. Just completely on the mark.

I wouldn't say Griffin is overrated because I don't think anyone really rates him. His little run to the title was fairytale stuff, he caught the right guys on the right nights (or wrong nights, for his opponents). He's a good fighter but most of his Ws seem to come from heart and persistence. The Jardine fight was just awful from his persepective and he made Evans look a much better fighter in the title fight.

Shogun looked so out of shape in the Griffin fight, and even against Coleman, he was gassed early in the second. Griffin will always entertain and be a fan favourite but I think as long as he is genuinely a top five fighter, the 205 class is too weak.

Anderson Silva is arguably the most talented fighter in the world. The guy hasn't been touched for like two years and has dismessed some classy guys, Hendo and Franklin to name just a couple with consomate ease. I'd really like to see GSP jump up and fight him. Now that would be a hell of a scrap.

Meanwhile, Michael Bisping is somewhat of a cult hero over here for obvious reasons. I don't see him getting anywhere near the Spider but if Franklin, Hendo and a couple of others could come though, that would be an amazing rotation to battle underneath Silva.

Anderson Silva is arguably the most talented fighter in the world. The guy hasn't been touched for like two years and has dismessed some classy guys, Hendo and Franklin to name just a couple with consomate ease. I'd really like to see GSP jump up and fight him. Now that would be a hell of a scrap.

Meanwhile, Michael Bisping is somewhat of a cult hero over here for obvious reasons. I don't see him getting anywhere near the Spider but if Franklin, Hendo and a couple of others could come though, that would be an amazing rotation to battle underneath Silva.

I'd love to see the GSP fight Silva. While I'd favor Silva, I'd give GSP a legitimate shot. GSP is the most dynamic take-down/ground-and-pound fighter in the UFC, and while Silva's very good off his back, his take-down defense is just pretty good. GSP would have a real shot at pounding him out on the ground. While Silva would have the clear stand-up advantage, GSP's quite good there, too.

And if Bisping takes out Henderson (tall order), he'd deserve a shot at Silva.

You on Sherdog? I have an account, but I never post there - too much noise.

Lol. Pleaaase. Shogun was never winning that fight. It's a convenient excuse that he was coming off an injury -- who cares. You step in the cage your healthy enough to fight. Was Shogun's injury also hampering him fighting Coleman cause he looked terrible in that fight.

Ok, the Shogun part was bad enough, but saying Jackson lost cause he took Forrest lightly doesn't even deserve a response.

You're welcome to believe Anderson will beat Forrest, but to discredit a fighters wins is pretty sad IMO. It's not like Forrest went in the cage and ran from these marquee names. He got in there and exchanged and earned victories.

Back
Top Bottom