Official Vote: How many members, how often to have it open? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Vote: How many members, how often to have it open?

Official Vote: How many members, how often to have it open?

• Keep the membership open all the time, any time. However, have a cap of 53.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Keep the membership open all the time, any time. But, don't have a cap.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Open the membership during special events (draft, start of season, etc), and only allow 5-10 new mem

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Open the membership every three months, to 5-10 members. However, always have a cap of 53.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • None of the above, my thoughts are in my post...

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
This is just my opinion, but I like the idea of the 53 man cap and I think it should be open only during the month of Jan..

This is usally the start of the fiscal year, the money should trickle in within 45 days of Jan 1st, and that should make it easiest to budget for the remainder of the year...

While it is true that it would be somewhat easier for the budget, the problem arises that there are still expenses not covered for this year. In addition, if we waited until Jan., there wouldn't be any site changes until after this season...

Good point, but I don't think it will work that well :cool:

I say open the membership at certain times...

if we lose a couple of members...I don't want to fill them just for the sake of filling them.

I voted for the 3rd option .... But being that this is a "trial & error" funding drive maybe it should be a 1 year experiment.. The fan traffic always increases during the draft and right before the season begins... I agree with AJ when he brings up concerns of limiting memberships to a certain number...

My opinion would be to give the poll majority a 1 year trial and if need be, an increase can be made in membership that would coincide with financial site needs ! Marino1983

AJ, I'm more interested in what would it take to keep Finheaven running smootly and financially sound without jeoperdising intergrity of the site..I think the cap number should reflect what's necessary to run this site financially.

IMO, It was AJ`s ingenuity, time and hard work that made this site a success. It`s HIS site. If he can make a few extra bucks off of it to help with college, then I`m all for it.

THAT`S why I voted for the 2nd option and I`m sticking to it.

Knowing AJ as well as I do tho, he won`t do that.

As I've told everyone that knows me well (Capt, Gram, Jon (WharfRat), and many others) I will never use site earnings on myself. I have too many plans for the site, and my only wish is to see the site grow larger and larger.

However, if the premium members only take care of the hosting, then the site won't grow as much as either of us would like to. Yet at the same time, I am making sure that the name of the site isn't gonna go to crap.

Thanks for letting me know your concerns / suggestions, I really like to hear them...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

I would defer to the majority on this one seeing that it's a Fins fan site. However, if you have 53, only open it up if people do not renew OR you can privately extend premium memberships to those posters deemed worthy and solid contributors (and non-abusive to us Bills fans :lol: ) and so identified by other premium members. Just my $0.02

I really like the 53 Member Cap. The memberships retain a very private club feel at that level, and there is an actual connection between the number and NFL roster size. That works all the way around.

Trying to keep what I like about the size limit in mind and apply the same principles to the membership drive, here's what I come up with:

Premium Membership season should begin the Monday after the Super Bowl and end the Friday before Training Camp starts.

The 53-member team stays tight through the season, and uses the off-season to rebuild and re-shape. Again, I think this maintains the private club or team feeling, and parallels the NFL in some way. Membership is closed while we most have our minds on other things, and we are considering future members at a time when the Monday-Morning-Members aren't logging in, anymore. The length of the off-season still gives AJ a lot of leeway as far as money coming in; and allows a regular re-thinking timespan should we ever get to the point where we must decide amongst ourselves, and not on a simple first-come, first-served basis, who is to become a Premium Member.

This is a great site, crongratulations to AJ and everyone here. I'm proud to be a part of it.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

PS: I wonder if it's legal to auction a FinHeaven Premium Membership on eBay? ;)

Back
Top Bottom