**OFFICIAL** We're trading for Jalen Ramsey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** We're trading for Jalen Ramsey

The mistake here would be in renegotiating his contract... if he's willing to play for the terms of his existing contract, then I'd be okay with this (even though I'd go another way). If we make the trade AND redo his contract (he'll be 29), this would be acute financial malfeasance.

I knew he would do something big, but I assumed it would be for a linebacker, I still believe will get another fairly big signing.

I think I read somewhere Jalen Ramsey will probably get a new contract from us.

Interesting.... Ooh Grier ~ well at least he keeps it entertaining for us.

& Hey I'm sure Fangio had his input with this one. So if they can make this all work then great!

I do still hope there's room to add a high quality linebacker! 🤞

Episode 7 Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

So this eats all our cap space I imagine and a bunch of picks. For another aging CB I hate it I absolutely hate it. Unless we are sending them Howard I dont want anything to do with this.
Na, they are saying he would get a new contract. Miami has TONS of space next year plus add a void year on the end.

CB1 - Ramsey
CB2 - Howard (hopefully healthy
CB3 - Needham (sign a two year deal)
CB4 - Kohou
CB5 - T. Williams
CB6 - Draft and battle the roster

I don't mind that group at all.

No, it doesn't, not even close. Wait till the deal is announced...
Hes gonna be 29 next year. Historically speaking 29 to 30 is exactly the age corners start to fall off drastically. Look at how awful Howard has gotten and he's gonna be 30. This is super risky, in 3 years when all these giant contracts start to hit us were gonna be in cap hell.

Welp, looks like we’re really going all in this upcoming season. Hope it doesn’t cripple us in the future.

Jalen Ramsay #9

Jalen Ramsey at No. 9 is arguably the first questionable spot on these rankings. He finished second in grade and ninth in WAR and SCORE, as he made plays when he wasn’t targeted. However, things didn’t go as planned when he was targeted, as he finished 33rd in EPA allowed per target and 34th in the percentage of targets that resulted in either a first down or touchdown. He gave up seven touchdowns and a passer rating of 98.6 when targeted, both of which are career-worst marks.
This is my concern. I think Ramsey is overrated. Good player but I don't think he's as exceptional as advertised. Hope I'm wrong if we end up with him.

Hes gonna be 29 next year. Historically speaking 29 to 30 is exactly the age corners start to fall off drastically. Look at how awful Howard has gotten and he's gonna be 30. This is super risky, in 3 years when all these giant contracts start to hit us were gonna be in cap hell.

3 years X/armstead probably hill, Ogbah, baker contract will be over and most if not all Ramsey guaranteed money will be done. Cap is a myth stop worrying about it. Ohh yeah and the cap will be up 80 million from its current amount.

Back
Top Bottom