Officially Confirmed: Rex Ryan Neutered! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Officially Confirmed: Rex Ryan Neutered!

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Admitted in a presser that unlike Marrone, it's not his unilateral decision to sit Geno. I kind of feel bad for him as it seems between the $20mil cap space now sitting his J&J legacy heir owner's pockets instead of in offensive weapons and good CBs that won't leave the building after getting low-balled, refusing to even talk to Revis, etc., Itzdick who obviously resented being saddled with him (can Hickey feel the same way?) is doing everything he can to sabotage the HC. While I've maintained that Ryan is little more than an offensively-clueless glorified DC, it really isn't fair that he or Morningwood are not being given the tools to do their jobs so that they can rise or fall on their own merits - or lack thereof

Head coaches in the NFL typically have the ultimate control of their teams on the field—who enters the game, who exits, whether to punt on fourth down or go for it.
Apparently, Rex Ryan is not one of those coaches.

In an interview with ESPN radio host Michael Kay on Monday, Ryan said it wasn't solely his choice to keep playing struggling quarterback Geno Smith, even as veteran backup Michael Vick sits on the bench.

When Kay asked Ryan whether he had the authority to change quarterbacks during a game, much as a baseball manager would remove a pitcher having a rough day, Ryan demurred.
"Every decision we make in this franchise is a Jet decision, and I'll just leave it at that," the coach said.

Kay persisted, saying that the in-game decision as to which quarterback gives the team a better chance to win has to belong to the head coach. Ryan again deflected the question.

"It's always a Jets decision, and I'm just going to leave it at that no matter how many times you ask me the question," he said.
It's a mantra that both Ryan and general manager John Idzik have often repeated: Every personnel decision comes from Ryan, Idzik and their lieutenants. But that didn't make it any less startling to hear an NFL coach infer that he didn't have the authority to replace a quarterback who was having a bad game.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/rex-...terbacks-mid-game-is-jets-decision-1412042276

Rex confirms what was widely believed. Players only meeting with Smith apologizing for his brutal play. Smith yelling profanities at fans because they point out the inevitable. This is a team that is once again falling apart. Though I doubt Idzik is sabotaging his team he certainly isn't helping. And Idzik is tied to Smith meaning that Smith will stay on the field barring injury.

Playing in San Diego Sunday doesn't bode well for our friends up north. If they lose I think you can stick a fork in their season and Rex Ryan as their head coach.

I'll be honest, Vick scares me more than Geno. A healthy Vick playing with house money will make our LBs look foolish.

I'll be honest, Vick scares me more than Geno. A healthy Vick playing with house money will make our LBs look foolish.
The Bills got better and if they bench Geno, the Jets get better. But I am not certain Geno gets benched barring injury or a player revolt.

The Bills got better and if they bench Geno, the Jets get better. But I am not certain Geno gets benched barring injury or a player revolt.

They are banking on the theory that Geno will have some kind of complete epiphany and stop being insanely reckless with the football, but how likely is that when they won't take the starting job from him no matter what he does and he's being coached by the most boorish prick in the known universe?

In a way it makes sense, as Rex's thing is defense and defense alone. But it raises the question as to why Rex is a HC at all instead of the DC. Also it doesn't seem to be working.

Admitted in a presser that unlike Marrone, it's not his unilateral decision to sit Geno. I kind of feel bad for him as it seems between the $20mil cap space now sitting his J&J legacy heir owner's pockets instead of in offensive weapons and good CBs that won't leave the building after getting low-balled, refusing to even talk to Revis, etc., Itzdick who obviously resented being saddled with him (can Hickey feel the same way?) is doing everything he can to sabotage the HC. While I've maintained that Ryan is little more than an offensively-clueless glorified DC, it really isn't fair that he or Morningwood are not being given the tools to do their jobs so that they can rise or fall on their own merits - or lack thereof

http://online.wsj.com/articles/rex-...terbacks-mid-game-is-jets-decision-1412042276

Its apparent he isnt making the calls, this season is a bust. Im ready for a new coaching staff going forward.

Its apparent he isnt making the calls, this season is a bust. Im ready for a new coaching staff going forward.

Rex is a good DC but I'm not happy that you guys will get a new coaching staff. Rex's overall handling of the team and especially the offense has been lousy.

Rex is a good DC but I'm not happy that you guys will get a new coaching staff. Rex's overall handling of the team and especially the offense has been lousy.
One thing about Rex is that he always seems to keep them prepared and competitive. If he ever got in sync with the offense he would be one heck of a coach.

One thing about Rex is that he always seems to keep them prepared and competitive. If he ever got in sync with the offense he would be one heck of a coach.

I will say this: he is a better coach than Joe Philbin.

I still don't think he's very good, though.

Since differences of opinions are what make the world go round, here's some related Rex ones from JetsNation - of the 3 major boards, probably the most brutally realistic. And Wanny, you're right about Jets Insider automatically linking over to that crap Scout site except on caches. I find that it automatically does that on the desktops, laptop, and one of my two mobiles. The other goes right in there and I guess circumvents the firewall because I saw a comment on scout that it's still open for paid subscribers. And the real JI has about 3x as many active threads as its scout offspring.

Anyway these are from the last 2-3 days extracted from a number of different threads. In the interest of fairness the JN consensus seems to be running about 4 to 1 against Rex. It's a similar disgust ratio for Itzdick. The remaining Rex supporters are blaming the GM and the GM's supporters are blaming Rex or him being saddled with Rex. These are just the avalanche of negative Rex; you can also find supporters there but not in any great number - so the tide of sentiment is definitely turning.

Enjoy (long read)

ave lost faith in our coaching staff and do not believe this current coaching regime will get us where we need to be.  I know this because when Rex comes out and says something I don't believe him anymore.  For instance: 
When Rex says he knows what the issues are and he'll get them fixed - I don't believe him anymore.
When Rex says a player is playing great and is ready to break out - I don't believe him anymore.
I can go on for hours.  I have lost faith in him.  The team looks like it doesn't have a plan on game day.   
Get him out.  Get someone else in. 
Can someone help me understand the legitimate choices to replace Rex.  We need to move on from him.  

You mean when he is asked why Geno or Mark give us the best chance and he says " it's just what I believe, I believe it because I believe it and that's why I believe it"......that doesn't inspire confidence in you??....wow your a tough critic man

The biggest scam this clown has pulled is he has a good majority of jet fans believing that our D will automatically suck if he leaves...don't believe it guys, we have a lot of young talent on D that will b successful with a ton of coaches, if anything a guy like Sheldon will eventually underachive by not being held to a standard.

It's filtering down to the players. Smith especially sounds delusional. When you spew that much nonsense without holding players accountable they start taking advantage. It's one thing to not be a screamer and a martinet 24/7like Jim Harbaugh, Mangini, Mike Keenan. That wears people down and is only successful for a short term. But you have to hold people accountable. Quite another to give this team BS excuses. And that's what is happening now. Nobody is getting yanked and nobody is gettina a earful for screwing up. 

Rex reminds me of an investor sitting on a huge capital loss but won't sell and move on, be it from stubbornness, fear, incompetence, or something else.

only thing missing is his boss telling him to hold, and not arming him with options as to where to put his money..

This roster ******* sucks. And Rex has sucked.

The thing that burns my ass about Rex is all of the talk.   He couldn't shut up about Pryor all preseason and now we find out Pryor actually sucks.  Even as a "players coach" you expect Rex to at least respect the game and tell the rookie to STFU until he makes a play...or at least steps on the field. 

The team blew a huge lead @ Green Bay and it's like the season ended in the 2nd half of that game.   A good HC gets the team ready to play...Rex's team came out flat vs. Chicago and was always playing from behind.   It's like last season coming off the bye week when all we heard about was playoffs and then put together 3 of the worst consecutive offensive performances in the history of the NFL. 

The Jets could have had Ryan Fitzpatrick, then the world would have been beautiful. 
Honestly, Rex is a coordinator, and that is all.

Yes, I heard the Francesa show.  Thought he was pretty honest about the Jets.  After all, Rex is under .500 winning percentage for his last 50 games. 
 The early success in 2009 and 10 was really with the leftover Mangini era players who were more disciplined and tougher.     I think Idzik will clean house
and start over with a new coach and new QB  , ( could even start Vick until new 1st round rookie is ready.)  BTW.... Idzik needs to do better with the next draft-- 
this one 's not looking so good.  only 5 of 12 picks are still with team.! 

Where is that gif of the locker room exploding in joy when Idzik and Woody announced that Rex was coming back?
it got changed from " this is our coach"!!!!! To " this is our f'ing coach??"

Our problems are both with Idzik and Rex. Idzik is suspect. Rex is just awful. I'm OK with a complete overhaul.

Idzik hasn't been here for two years. Rex has been here for six/ the personnel issues have been the same for those six years. The only difference is that the GM isn't bailing out the coaching staff with overpaid free agents.

Rex Ryan and John Idzik are a Packaged Deal     
Then package them up and ship them the hell out of here    

[Rex has not coached well this season...granted the turnovers are killer but zero interceptions through 4 games is pathetic. Teams are going to be able to throw....you need to limit big plays and create take aways....we play the opposite type of defense.

You blame him because he is the head coach and he is the guy running this "elite defense" that in crunch time has never stopped anyone and gives up 90+ yard TD drives like a cheap whore gives up head for crack-This IS Rex's fault, this IS the GM's fault and especially this is Woody Johnson's fault Izik's

The Rex-firsters are the worst part of this fan base. They'd rather lose with Rex than win with anyone else. And they give Woody all the rationale he needs to keep Rex as HC for life. 
How many more GM's and QB's will we cycle through with Rex at the helm? When does it become absurd to the Rex dead-enders?

how? 6 years and th eonly thing we have is a good d-line. that's how. he's a ******* buffoon. I hope sme random jets fan sees him in the street and kick him in his balls

I'm so done with the " it's not Rex's " fault stuff...enough !!!! Stop it!!!!, the Herm Edwards argument all over again "the next guy will be worse "...

RutgersJetFan, on 28 Sept 2014 - 3:17 PM, said:
Megatron is pretty much out for the game and he still couldn't manage this sh*t. Get the **** off my team you glorified coordinator. 
SoFlaJets, on 28 Sept 2014 - 3:18 PM, said:
You blame him because he is the head coach and he is the guy running this "elite defense" that in crunch time has never stopped anyone and gives up 90+ yard TD drives like a cheap whore gives up head for crack-This IS Rex's fault, this IS the GM's fault and especially this is Woody Johnson's fault Izik's 
RutgersJetFan, on 28 Sept 2014 - 3:21 PM, said:
4 false starts and counting. At a home game. 
RutgersJetFan, on 28 Sept 2014 - 3:36 PM, said:
I couldn't believe that sh*t. Like his solution for solving that problem is to make water boys do pushups. ******* Christ. This man should not be a head coach.
all of this

yet another wasted challenge. 
mo kidding ...what idiot challenges that ??? Then with 3:30 left in the game the lions run a play and we let 45 seconds run off the clock

Just amazing that nothing is ever his fault, isn't he the head coach ???...I really can't take it anymore

Correct. Every win is because he willed the team to do it. And every loss is because he didn't have the personel. Recognize.

He's a fat perverted retard

Typical presser, hurry up Rex make sure Geno knows nothing is his fault either!!!...wow I wish we all had this job security

This is a huge issue and has been since he got here. We have never forced turnovers under him. At this point the issues we have had under Rex Ryan have been here since he started (sloppy offensive play -- turnovers/penalties, and on defense, giving up points before half, too many penalties)..
Not sure what to do, players or not but these are killers.

[I am a huge Rex fan, but I think this has been a horribly coached team through 4 weeks this year. We have a few more tough games, but the second half schedule is very, very soft. Anything less than 9-7 and its time to clean house. Idzik and Rex have to go in that case.

SAR  was right, Rex Ryan is the Devil!!!  

both sides are right, Idzik has done a terrible job of building the roster and Rex is a buffoon

[Seriously, I see this team going 1-7 and ending up 8-8 and Woody will throw Rex a parade down the canyon of heroes for coming back against adversary with his never quit mentality.

Because he is a terrible head coach:

terrible game plans
terrible adjustments
terrible in game management
terrible handling of the offense
terrible defense when it really matters
terrible at getting turnovers because of HIS scheme

He is a glorified DC that is a lousy head coach. Time to stop treating him like some golden boy and coming up with excuse after excuse for the sloppy undisciplined team he puts on the field

Rex confirms what was widely believed. Players only meeting with Smith apologizing for his brutal play. Smith yelling profanities at fans because they point out the inevitable. This is a team that is once again falling apart. Though I doubt Idzik is sabotaging his team he certainly isn't helping. And Idzik is tied to Smith meaning that Smith will stay on the field barring injury.

Playing in San Diego Sunday doesn't bode well for our friends up north. If they lose I think you can stick a fork in their season and Rex Ryan as their head coach.

:newera:

:lol:

I find it quite odd that our resident New Yahk Jets fan is steering clear of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom