OG OUT for season, career over w/Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG OUT for season, career over w/Fins

Originally posted by Muck
McKnight and Ward aren't "over-the-middle" guys.
Ward has shown me lots of toughness, though not McK. OG makes big time plays, but has not been an open target on a consistent basis; having said that not sure Carter, Ward or McK will be either - tough I see McK getting open deep fairly often if CC is on the other side.

Again, I gotta disagree a little. OG doesn't have speed. But he usually got open anyway (because of his route running). Seldom did you see a CB get right up on him and employ a bump. More often than not, the CB lined up off of him and gave him room. IMO, Carter or a big/experienced WR should fill OG's spot.

Ward has been good. I love the guy. But he's been playing the slot. He's not lining up as the possession starter. McKnight is not as tough. But he's very good when he doesn't get bumped. He should have a great day against Chris Watson (if Chambers plays).

Losing OG is huge. I don't think some of you understand how effective this guy. Unbelievable hands and a big target. OG is the kind of receiver that can be covered and still catch the ball.

I am disappointed that he would do what he's going to do though. My understanding is that Plexico Burris is playing with the same injury. OG is using this injury to hold the Dolphins hostage. I respect that a guy wants to make a living, but he's going to hurt the entire team because he thinks it helps his negotiating posture.

That sucks. If he does pull this, than the Dolphins should let him walk in the offseason. No player (re: Gardner) is more important than the committment to the team.

OG was a great receiver. But having the best hands in the NFL? Come on now, for as many great catches as he makes, he drops just as many easy ones. He was inconsistent at times and was always playing injured. But, he did make all the plays at clutch times, I will give him that. We will miss him, but he is replaceable. Besides, he could be back next year. He would be a free agent, and it's possible that we still try to re-sign him.

OG has played some really great games(He always seemes to come out in Colt games), but this may be the end for him in Miami. Why should we resign a guy who is aging, and keeps getting hurt? I'll miss gadsen's great catches.:cry: We'll probably get a replacement for him in the draft or FA next offseason.

I agree completly with muck, 13isgr81 and PhinKev, losing OG is huge and he is not easily replaced no matter how positively you look at it. He had an incredible ability of using his body to shield the defender from the ball thats what makes him so great. And he was very tricky, he'd put the defender to sleep than make a big catch. And he was a big target with good hands and a Knack of adjusting to the ball, someone the QB new he didn't have to make a perfect throw, just get it in the area, W/o worrying it would be intercepted. A player like that only comes along once in a while. But I feel that this team can overcome the loss and Norv Turner will adjust. But I hate to lose a weapon like OG. Hopefully Spielman can keep him this year if he can play through the injury.

Originally posted by phinfan_1
I agree completly with muck, 13isgr81 and PhinKev, losing OG is huge and he is not easily replaced no matter how positively you look at it. He had an incredible ability of using his body to shield the defender from the ball thats what makes him so great. And he was very tricky, he'd put the defender to sleep than make a big catch. And he was a big target with good hands and a Knack of adjusting to the ball, someone the QB new he didn't have to make a perfect throw, just get it in the area, W/o worrying it would be intercepted. A player like that only comes along once in a while. But I feel that this team can overcome the loss and Norv Turner will adjust. But I hate to lose a weapon like OG. Hopefully Spielman can keep him this year if he can play through the injury.
39 was saying he opted for surgery and will sit out the rest of the year!:eek:

I love OG, but it is very disappointing that he is even considering money as his top priority at this stage in the season. His Agent is obviously whispering things in his ear to persuade him to think of his himself before the team.

This much is clear. If OG is in terrible pain, he should have the surgery, period. If hes well enough to play, then he should put it off. What he should NOT be doing now is blackmailing the Dolphins managment for more money in midesason when we have a huge division matchup against our arch rivals tomorrow.

OG's behavior just tells me where his priorities are right now. He's been a warrior for us over the years, but imo its time to say "thank you" and part ways. Mark Dixon is also injured and in the last year of his contract. If we negotiate with OG now, what kind of message does that send to every potential FA that we have?

I mean this with all sincerity when i say this - Thanks for the memories OG, and good luck to you.

Good luck OG. You gave the fins some memoriable catches. Bring on Carter.

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
Good luck OG. You gave the fins some memoriable catches. Bring on Carter.
i don't understand, everybody was saying carter was a cancer, now it seems like everybody wants him!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom