Ogden bashing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogden bashing

Originally posted by Miamian
I couldn't disagree more. Having a kamikaze mindset is an advantage on the coverage team, because you're not carrying the ball. There's a difference between being aggressive and foolhardy.

Youre right there is a difference, but there needs to be some kind of aggressivness at all times when playing football! This is a contact sport! What I meant by kamikaze mindset, is first catching the ball in traffic, that takes heart, next, returning the returnable kicks with some sort of passion, and finally not losing the rock at first contact. In order to accomplish this feat, the mindset has to be right, kamikaze style, no fear! Im not asking for catching the ball on the run, eyes up, and SMASH, getting rocked, just a little more urgency and big play ability!

Have any of you returned punts or kick-offs during highschool, college, or any other organized football? It may be the most dangerous position to play. I mean, all 11 of the other team's players know you have the ball, they are all in front of you, and would like nothing more than to throw your limp, twitching body into the ground. Playing the position requires a lot of balls, and a lot of brains. I don't think Ogden has either right now. As was stated earlier, the guy would fair catch and not fair catch at the worst times. Thats a combo of being afraid of the hit, possibly, and not understanding what is going on around you. Granted I've seen some good things from the guy, but in my opinion, he is a liability. He isn't the fasted mofo around either. I say let Simmons handle the punts. The guy is hungry, I'm sure he will do fine......

I think they should cut him and make Minor take his spot! No one likes a fumbler!

Originally posted by BMarion31
Have any of you returned punts or kick-offs during highschool, college, or any other organized football? It may be the most dangerous position to play. I mean, all 11 of the other team's players know you have the ball, they are all in front of you, and would like nothing more than to throw your limp, twitching body into the ground. Playing the position requires a lot of balls, and a lot of brains. I don't think Ogden has either right now. As was stated earlier, the guy would fair catch and not fair catch at the worst times. Thats a combo of being afraid of the hit, possibly, and not understanding what is going on around you. Granted I've seen some good things from the guy, but in my opinion, he is a liability. He isn't the fasted mofo around either. I say let Simmons handle the punts. The guy is hungry, I'm sure he will do fine......

Exactly..you have to be a wild and crazy guy with confident and awareness..Odgen thinks too much and does even less..We need a threat guy back there every time.

Back
Top Bottom