Ogden will probably stay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogden will probably stay

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I just heard Drew Rosenhaus, who is usually a very reliable source, state that the team is looking to keep both Jeff Ogden and Robert Baker. He adds that both have looked good in the new offense. He also said that they are likely to keep Ogden and Baker and not go after a big name FAWR to save cap space.
IMNSHO, Ogden and Baker are not as good as others, but if keeping them means reeling in Marco Coleman, then I'm all for it.

We wont keep both of them. We'll only carry 5 WRs like we did all of last season. Chambers, OG, McKnight, Ward & a dog fight between Ogden, Baker & Simmons. I'd like to see Simmons make it.

Miamian...............

Originally posted by Miamian
I just heard Drew Rosenhaus, who is usually a very reliable source, state that the team is looking to keep both Jeff Ogden and Robert Baker. He adds that both have looked good in the new offense. He also said that they are likely to keep Ogden and Baker and not go after a big name FAWR to save cap space.
IMNSHO, Ogden and Baker are not as good as others, but if keeping them means reeling in Marco Coleman, then I'm all for it.

I'm not in favor at all of keeping Ogden, but if it's to save cap money for possibly pursuing the services of DE Marco Coleman, than I'm all for it as well.;)

I think Sam Simmons could turn into a Dave Meggett type player for us. Simmons is almost built like a RB in a way since he's 5'9" and 195-200 pounds. I'd like to see him at least make the practice squad.

I looked up Ogdens stats he was 8th in the league in punt returns with an 11 yard avg. I couldn't find his fumbles. Chambers also ranked high in kick off returns. I didn't realize he had 33 returns. For some reason we're all down on Ogden but it could be worse I guess.

ogden fumbled 3 times last year...against tennessee,seattle and indy...the opposing team recovered all 3 of them...the only good thing is that we won all 3 games...i hope he gets cut...

I'm not a Ogden hater, but I think we could do better with a punt returner,,I may eat my words later, but I think R. B. or Simmons maybe better, plus they don't hurt us cap wise either..IMHO, I contributed Ogden average last year to the ST scheme,,as I've stated before, there was a punt returner who wish that he was returning punts for miami, because of the blocking and scheme, he stated that Ogden didn't read the blocks correctly or was too slow to get there. Only if Ben Kelly worked out, he was exciting to watch on kick returns, remember the GB preseason game, that we basically won on his kick return ability,,he stepped out of bounds on that kickoff, but got us in field position to win the game. R. Baker or Simmons seem to be the same type returners.

I would still like to see Ward returnging punts when he is 100% healthy

Back
Top Bottom