OG's contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG's contract

Paquiviris

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All this guy is asking is a fair deal for all the acrobatic catches he has made, also he always has played on two real bad feet. Gadsden has been an example of guts and team play. Now he just wants his just reward. Too bad, the Dolphins are handling this so poorly. They are willing to give Mcknight more money over a proven warrior. Spielman and Gadsden are meeting closed doors as we speak, let's see how that goes. Yes, Cris Carter is itching to come back but he better check his ego at the door and come in willing to play a role not to get the ball 10 times a game.

McKnight has underachieved some and has been vicimized by Chris Chambers' emergence. Gadsden was already under contract when we signed McKnight. So it's not like they're both at the table and we choose to give McKnight more.

We'll see what happens. All I know is that I'm very sad today.

No Big Deal.

O.G. was a great find and a really good reciever. BUT YOU DON'T give a Player with a serious wrist injury a Big Money extension. Factor in his age,track record of injuries,and his Arthritic tootsies.And he might not be able to play throuh the injury. It's a no brainer. Let's wait and see what kind of offers he gets in the preseason. He might be back? I think Speilman is handling the %101 the right way! Let's get C.Carter.

You hit the nail on the head Chisel... :)

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
O.G. was a great find and a really good reciever. BUT YOU DON'T give a Player with a serious wrist injury a Big Money extension. Factor in his age,track record of injuries,and his Arthritic tootsies.And he might not be able to play throuh the injury. It's a no brainer. Let's wait and see what kind of offers he gets in the preseason. He might be back? I think Speilman is handling the %101 the right way! Let's get C.Carter.

He wants a 5 yr deal for 9mil. That means if we give him the $$$ and with the $$$ Mcknight making IMAGINE what chambers will ask for if he becomes a holdout to renegotiate or when his contract up in two years.

Cris Carter is our only option, Mcknight contract was a mistake if he does not steap up he is gone next year. The cap is going to be a huge factor in 03' . There will be some excellent receivers that will be available next year, both free agents & draft.

I sense this situation might be part of the fallout of cutting Gardener back at the start of camp. With that estimated $6 million of dead money next year many deserved extentions for players with good raises will not happen.

McKnight was coming off a 52 catch 926 yard season with Dallas when he got his contract.

Where as O.G's best year was 1999 when he had 48 receptions for 803 yards and has had diminished #'s since due to health factors.

Back
Top Bottom