ogun and the rams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ogun and the rams?

dodge

Starter
Reaction score
i don't know what kind of cap space the rams have, but after losing wistrom to f.a. and leonard little might be going to jail, i would have to think they would be very interested in a probowl de. some high picks from the ram's next year draft sound good to me.

As odd as this may have sounded last year, but I don't really see the need for Pace anymore. :)

Yup. I posted that very question on Sunday. It would seem the perfect fit wouldn't it.

I'm sick of whiny players with no leverage complaining. Shut up and play out your contract if you want to be free next year.

I trade him to St. Louis for their number one and number four next year. Then we can root for the phins as usual and against the Rams. They go winless next year when they realize Bulger is an overrated QB and we get the top pick in next year's draft.

Okay, that probably ain't happenin, but if there are no big name free agent Defensive ends released in the June one cuts, then we have a shot... St. Louis needs a pass rush...

Come on Rick,you've had a good off-season so far. Now make this happen and lock up Ogun for good.

Ozzy rules!!

Ogun for Turley would be awesome but they're not doing that trade. They fix one problem (pass rush) and get another (oline).

More likely is the first rounder.

Don't see it, the Rams have the same other needs as you on offense- lots of O line depth needed. Ogun is worth too much to trade, if you do so stay out of conference, and give him to a bad team in need of upgrade, not a good one that is reloading.

This fan's suggestion- the Cardinals, Seahawks in the West, ANY NFC central team (Vikes deep at O line), several NFC south teams are deep at O line for trade (Tampa has about ten who could play somewhere and their new GM Bruce Allen is trying to leverage a Phins trade he is a regionally savvy GM for trade leverage).

The East has a lot of turnover and teams in need of O line help also. Trade with the Vikes their line was great and the bakcups may have some good ability and get few reps. Get a pick and some O line depth there. Their Line is no joke, 2 of their starters are recent additions, others are older depth-types w/start experience who could work out in a Trest Coast offense with some vertical emphasis.
That is the team most likely to work a trade with, the Vikes need that pass rush end, and will have some cap room w/ Biekert retiring and start depth salaries on O line to relieve.

Danny said:
Come on Rick,you've had a good off-season so far. Now make this happen and lock up Ogun for good.

Ozzy rules!!

It may not be up to Rick.
Drew may very well want Miami to offer a contract that would be too much of a strain on the teams cap. If that's the case then you have to send him packing. Drew knows what the Fins can and cannot offer. Wale inside may be willing to stay on "his" team if a fair offer is offered but the fact is that Wale may NEVER even know what the team is offering as an alternative to what Drew wants. There are many things that could be going on. The bottom line no matter who decides (Wale or Drew) if the number they are focused on is too much then Wale is outta here.

miamirw said:
I'm sick of whiny players with no leverage complaining. Shut up and play out your contract if you want to be free next year.

Surely, you know that Wale is a RFA and is NOT under contract, don't you? You might point to the CBA, but the CBA is what says that Wale is within his rights to come in and play 6 games to get his year in. When you say this, you're in essence endorsing Wale's holdout.

Trekbiz said:
Wale inside may be willing to stay on "his" team if a fair offer is offered but the fact is that Wale may NEVER even know what the team is offering as an alternative to what Drew wants.

I'm entering dangerous territory here because I don't really know much about what a sports agent does and what his duties are. Even still, I will mention that the practical portion of my legal education this year partially involved exploring the duties of a lawyer. One of the ones that stuck in my head was that all offers were to be communicated to the client because the client has the ultimate authority to accept or reject. In the absence of other information, I would have to imagine that a sports agent would have the same responsibility. I wanted to offer that because I think that would be of comfort to all of us.

Mr.Murder said:
(Tampa has about ten who could play somewhere and their new GM Bruce Allen is trying to leverage a Phins trade he is a regionally savvy GM for trade leverage).

Are you saying that Tampa Bay is indeed trying to get work a deal with Miami for Wale??

Jimmy James said:
I'm entering dangerous territory here because I don't really know much about what a sports agent does and what his duties are. Even still, I will mention that the practical portion of my legal education this year partially involved exploring the duties of a lawyer. One of the ones that stuck in my head was that all offers were to be communicated to the client because the client has the ultimate authority to accept or reject. In the absence of other information, I would have to imagine that a sports agent would have the same responsibility. I wanted to offer that because I think that would be of comfort to all of us.
You are correct that Drew is supposed to do this, but I have heard of some real estate agents that are also supposed to present all offers, but will sort through all the offers and only present the ones they want to... So who knows if Drew does or does not follow all the rules. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom