Ogun for Pace ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun for Pace ?

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
what do you guys think about this hypothetical deal would be good for both parties, i would pay orlando the kind of money ogun wants and more

Problem is, Pace wants way more money than Wale does.

LIQUID24 said:
Way, way more.
Way, way, way, wayyy more. :shakeno:

Heck, if we could even possibly get Pace to take what O-gun wants, it wouldn't even need to be thought over, it would be done.

What you want is not always the same as what you get.

No way this would happen. Most teams would not want to deal with Pace primarily because of his agents (the Poston brothers).

is there anyone thats interested in ogun and willing to give up an 0-lineman. rams are definately out of it. but does anyone know if maybe the jags are interested, maybe brackens and a solid lineman, but not spectacular, at least proven though.

It sounds great, but ird never works out. Pace is a LT right? If he is a LT then wed have no use for our supposed LT on the rise Wade Smith. Also we have a hard ebuff time working wit Drew the Shrew....imagine the Potsons. We hate wen Ogunleye thretens a hold out when hes not gettin barley any money. Imagine fan reaction when a guy holds out with an alrdy big paycheck.

Bonedoc7777 said:
what do you guys think about this hypothetical deal would be good for both parties, i would pay orlando the kind of money ogun wants and more
I would do it in a heartbeat. And if it means getting rid of a guy like Seau or Madison to make extra cap room, I am still all for it.

Left Tackle is one of the 3 most important positions on the football team behind QB and MLB. To have the opportunity to get a franchise LT is something you don't slip through your fingers.

They aren't getting rid of Seau or Madison, they are defensive captains, and mentors to the rookies, I.E Poole and Bua. Pace is in the same situation as Wale, they both want more money then they are being offered. Pace is more worth whatever he gets then Wale, but still, too much money for one player.

I thought Madison and ZT were the Defensive Captains?

Pace wanted a $30 million signing bonus. Think about that for a minute. If his contract demands were, you know, somewhere on planet Earth, I'd do that deal. Of course, if his contract demands were anywhere near reasonable, the Rams would have locked him up by now. So it's a Catch-22.

By the way, Pace is overrated. He's an excellent left tackle, but his play hasn't lived up to his rep the last couple years. That's probably due in part to repeated camp holdouts. The Rams OL sucked last year, despite having arguably the NFL's best tackle tandem in Pace and Turley.

Phinsdude said:
They aren't getting rid of Seau or Madison, they are defensive captains, and mentors to the rookies, I.E Poole and Bua. Pace is in the same situation as Wale, they both want more money then they are being offered. Pace is more worth whatever he gets then Wale, but still, too much money for one player.

One of the cap gurus can speak more about this, but since we restructured Mad Dog's deal, we'd be left with a $#!+pile of dead money if we cut him now. That wouldn't help in clearing cap room.

LoXiN said:
I thought Madison and ZT were the Defensive Captains?
Seau won the leadership award or something of the sort this year. And Ogun was MVP.

Back
Top Bottom