Ogunleye article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye article

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure how many people get ESPN the mag but there is a small piece on Ogun and the dolphins ability to retain him. They expect the 1st/3rd tender and say
"Teams with cap room that are desperate for DEs, such as the Texans and Vikings, might happily give up two picks, as well as the $7 million a year Ogunleye wants, for a 26 year old pass rusher with 25 sacks in 32 career starts."

well if we do have to lose him, it'd be nice to get the texans 10th pcik, of course that would leave them without a pick on the first day of the draft since they lost their second by selecting hollings

Wow the 10th pick in the draft that would be awesome if they did it. That might even give us enough to make a serious run at Eli Manning.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
Not sure how many people get ESPN the mag but there is a small piece on Ogun and the dolphins ability to retain him. They expect the 1st/3rd tender and say
"Teams with cap room that are desperate for DEs, such as the Texans and Vikings, might happily give up two picks, as well as the $7 million a year Ogunleye wants, for a 26 year old pass rusher with 25 sacks in 32 career starts."

well if we do have to lose him, it'd be nice to get the texans 10th pcik, of course that would leave them without a pick on the first day of the draft since they lost their second by selecting hollings

Is that chris mortensen reporting?:lol: i say teams with higher draft picks wont do that cus htey can get a good DE in the draft and not lose there 3rd rounder.

I'd rather trade down, get a later first and a second... draft a Rashaun Woods and JP Losman or Rivers in the first then draft a decent O-lineman with the pick in the second.

Of Course that wouldnt solve the problem of replacing ogunleye, but itd be nice anyway

I'd rather trade down, get a later first and a second... draft a Rashaun Woods and JP Losman or Rivers in the first then draft a decent O-lineman with the pick in the second.

Of Course that wouldnt solve the problem of replacing ogunleye, but itd be nice anyway

If your talking about having a 10th pick in the draft, we would get alot more than just a second rounder and a later 1st rounder IMO.

Why take an unknown like Kenechi Udeze with the 10th pick when you can have a known quantity in Adewale Ogunleye for that 10th pick?

we wouldnt take udeze with the 10th pick... wed end up with say reggie williams at WR, then either RIvers/losman/vernon carey with our other pick

We would not take a DE. We need help on O. It lands us the player Ogunleye's salary would have taken up. That's one offensive lineman. Next it lands us maybe a Rashaun Woods and the ability to draft a QB.

I was making the case for Houston to give up the pick for Ogunleye.

Miami would likely take Reggie Williams with that pick or attempt to move up for Eli Manning.

ah i think he meant in reference to why would other teams take a DE in the draft instead of ogun... if that is true then, i concur
they should be willing to give up their picks for a proven talent, rather than an unknown, doesnt hurt that ogun is young.

biamila was gonna go for a 1st rounder last year and he only played passing downs, i think a couple teams will at least give serious consideration to signing ogun.

Oh I understand. Your point is correct.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Why take an unknown like Kenechi Udeze with the 10th pick when you can have a known quantity in Adewale Ogunleye for that 10th pick?
I don't know who Kenechi Udeze is (don't watch college, sorry), but the reason why we take the tender deal is because we will lose him next year anyway. We're not signing him to a long term big money deal because we need that $ on offense.

They had two second round picks which is why they were willing to give one up for Hollings. They still have the higher of the two.

Back
Top Bottom