Ogunleye changes mind! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye changes mind!

Yeah, Ogunleye seemed to have toned it down a lot when he was on NFL Total Access the other night. He made it seem like he was willing to be much more reasonable and willing to work something out with the Dolphins. I'm betting something gets done not too long after June 1st.

Maybe Ogun just wanted league wide exposure.

Many people know Ogun by his name, but wouldnt be able to put the face to the name. Know what I mean? Ogun just needed some TV time.

Or maybe one of the questions from the fans on NFL Access changed his mind.

If the FO spent one third as much attention to the offense as it does to Ogunleye, we'd have an offense that might actually put fear into defenses. Sign Chambers! I have a feeling fans will talk about our ignoring Chambers in favor of Ogunleye the same way we talk about passing on Calico and Boldin in favor of Eddie Moore.

baccarat dont worry, when we sign chambers we should be able to free up money due to letting players go. Most likely Madison and Seau are gone soon, Timbo cant last that much longer and we dont know who else might leave. They will find a way to keep chambers. Seriously though, I would rather have Ogun over Chambers. Its pretty easy to find a good WR in the draft, but having 2 probowl DE's of this caliber is a rarity.

I'm sorry, but I still say, despite all of the ramblings from Rosie and OGUN, let's get a contract set up for OGUN. Let's pull the trigger---I love bad bad puns!

we and Rick cannot forget all the money we already pay JT, D Bo and J Will not to mentions our DTs. I agree (for the most part) w/Baccarat. We need to get more even keeled on this team and that means having at least a middle of the road passing game. Having the best pass D or pass rush in the league has not got us anywhere

baccarat said:
If the FO spent one third as much attention to the offense as it does to Ogunleye, we'd have an offense that might actually put fear into defenses. Sign Chambers! I have a feeling fans will talk about our ignoring Chambers in favor of Ogunleye the same way we talk about passing on Calico and Boldin in favor of Eddie Moore.

So you know that the FO is ignoring Chambers? Have you talked with him or Rick? Just because Rosenbutt is working his tail off getting Ogunleye exposure, do not make the assumption the FO is ignoring anyone. The media maybe ignoring it, but Rick has said on more than one occasion that they will try to lock Chambers up long term.

Oh, and I believe that there has been p-l-e-n-t-y of attention to the offense this offseason.

Defense: 10 returning starters

Offense: 5-6 returning starters (Wade Smith, McMike, RW, CC, Rob Konrad, and possibly Feidler but I doubt it)

Added: D-Bos, Jeno James, AJ Feeley, V Carey

Clearly the focus of this offseason has been on shoring up the depth on defense and the STARTERS on offense.

I don't think that Ogun changed his mind as I think he always wanted to stay here. I think the whole thing is his damn agent but he want and will play for us.

Ozzy rules!!

I haven't been really happy with the way he has carried on lately, but the article sounds good and he seems to be backing off a bit......Maybe most of the nonsense that has gone on the last couple of weeks has instigated by Drew and not Ogun. If we can lock up Ogun without blowing our brains out and still be able to lock up Chambers let's do it.
C'mon September hurry up.

Danny said:
I don't think that Ogun changed his mind as I think he always wanted to stay here. I think the whole thing is his damn agent but he want and will play for us.

Ozzy rules!!

The problem is neither the agent nor the player. The problem is overreacting fans who seem to think they know what goes on behind the scenes as well as an agenda pushing media.

The player and the agent are simply doing what is in the player's best interest. The TV exposure gets his name out there, and the more exposure he gets, the more opportunities he gets for endorsements. The problems begin when you have agenda pushing media whores like Armando Salguero and Jason Cole who twists statements to suit the agenda they are pushing, and this causes the overreaction by the fans.

I've never once doubted, this offseason, that Miami will sign Ogunleye to a long term contract. It's all in a process, and you will eventually see Miami lock up Ogunleye, Surtain, Knight, and Chambers to long term deals this summer.

I always thought a deal would get done too, I guess that's why I didn't like the antics by the Ogun camp lately. I think a big ruckus was caused for nothing. Oh well, doesn't matter now it is starting to look like things are smooting out and a deal is gonna get done.

baccarat...I think the issue is that they HAVEN'T been paying attention to Ogun and that is why he is upset. I don't feel he should be and lets face it...He went to school at Indiana and would feels that the Chi area is "home" (yes, I know that Indiana is not Chi or Illinois, but it is the close to the school he went to). Chi has made some overtures towards him and they need DL help, so he took a shot at attracting them when he had his 15 mins of fame. I think that may be a natural reaction in his shoes. The issue, from what I can see is that Drew and Ogun wanted the Fins to work a deal yesterday, not sometime in the future. The FO had to put other priorities in line first and will get to Ogun when they can... They still need to work out some restructures to sign him and to start to work on Chambers. Now he may attract attention even with the 1st and 3rd round tender offer next year. It'll all work out in time. I just feel that Ogun and Drew have spent too much time negotiating on TV and in the press. He needs to be working out on his own since he is not in camp.

Back
Top Bottom