Ogun's Value Just Got Better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun's Value Just Got Better

Wow, that IS big news! Now Ogun is the undispued top pass rushing DE in Free agency.

Excellent news.

Not so fast guys... Grant Winstrom and Jeavon Kearse are both UFA's.

yes but Winstrom is single-dimensional and the freak is playing on a bionic ankle.

That is a horrible move by the Saints. I know they want to keep Howard but he's not a top 25 DE in the NFL & now he's gonna be paid like a top 5.

Originally posted by Gonk
Not so fast guys... Grant Winstrom and Jeavon Kearse are both UFA's.

I believe that Ogun is better than Winstron. As for Kearse, he is not an FA just yet. The Titans may still rework his contract.

However you are right that either of those players could be acquired without giving up anby draft picks.

I have seen the "freak" play....and No GM with a brain would take Jevon with his "freak" injuries over Ogun.......especially when the "freak" would command a contract that is 20% bigger than Ogun's............

We have it made............

2 #1's here we come.

Originally posted by Section126
I have seen the "freak" play....and No GM with a brain would take Jevon with his "freak" injuries over Ogun.......especially when the "freak" would command a contract that is 20% bigger than Ogun's............

We have it made............

2 #1's here we come.

Yah sure cause why take a guy whose got 15 sacks last year when you could take an injury prone guy whose had 9.5, 2 and 10 the past 3 years.

There are around 6 teams in desperate need of a DE...and only one Kearse. So with Howard off the market Ogun's value is definately rising.

Not that I mean to be greedy, but it looks like the Eagles are looking hard at Ogun. Theor picks are at the very bottom of the first round. I hope another team decides to trump them and offers Ogun a bigger deal....

With Mora going to ATL to coach. Wouldn't it be nice if he wanted a passrushing end and gave up that 8th pick for Ogunleye?

Originally posted by FireinCairo
With Mora going to ATL to coach. Wouldn't it be nice if he wanted a passrushing end and gave up that 8th pick for Ogunleye?

Thats what Im talkin about.....I would even waive the third round compensation and let Ogun walk for "only" a first - if a team in the top 10 would make a deal for him...

<edited for being unable to spell simple words>

Originally posted by FireinCairo

man that would be sweet. Rivers, hmmm....

Originally posted by SMadison29
That is a horrible move by the Saints. I know they want to keep Howard but he's not a top 25 DE in the NFL &amp; now he's gonna be paid like a top 5.

Maybe Haslett owed Wanny 1 and said here ya go.:hump: :hump:

Back
Top Bottom