OK Gurus... Rate Upcoming Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK Gurus... Rate Upcoming Draft

oh damn. im dumb my bad. i was watching that game, figured that was the case. i remember when he hurt it he didnt even get contact, he landed wrong or something. play going to make a tackle to. that sucks.

Two elite QB prospects in Leinart and Young, two quality prospects in Cutler and Jacobs, and two toss-ups in Hackney and Whitehurst. Still better than last year's Smith/Rodgers duo. Midrange is about par with last year's.

RB's as deep as last year's Brown/Williams/Benson/Arrington/ with Bush/Williams/Drew/Maroney/Addai and could be more if LenDale White enters.

WR's are the weakest. Holmes, Jackson, and Hagan are the only valuable prospects.

Strongest TE group I've seen. Davis, Pope, and Lewis could be instant starters and could top Heath Miller's production.

OL has some good prospects at OT like Winston Justice, Jonathan Scott, Marcus McNeill, D'Brickshaw Ferguson. All have potentials to be Pro Bowl starters. G and C aren't too deep.

DE has a good crop but not as good as last year's. A good number of future NT's (Watson, Ngata, Oshinowo). Deepest LB depth in many years and a lot of good Safeties. CB is a mixed bag because some of the top prospects could use some work on technique and/or physical attributes.

ckparrothead said:
I guess I could see safety being there, depending on whether you rate Huff, Williams, and Allen as safeties or corners...but if you put them at safety then that just makes this CB class pitiful compared to last year's.

TE does look kind of strong with Davis, Pope, and Lewis. Also some nice lower tier guys with great athleticism like Tim Day for one. Good observation.

As for OL, I'd qualify it. This year's draft is STELLAR at tackle. Unbelievable I'd even say. Ferguson, Scott, Winston, Justice, McNeil, Colledge, Thomas (if he declares), Trueblood, O'Callaghan, and Whitworth...I mean that alone makes it better than I can ever remember. Kind of have to wonder if some teams might see Davin Joseph at tackle after all. As for the guards and centers, last draft had a better class IMO. Jean-Gilles looks better than any individual guy in the last draft's interior, but the rest I think I'd take last draft with Kaczur and Mankins, Buenning, Young, Elton Brown...Sims. It would be tough. I also think last year and this year have very unexciting centers.

QB, I don't see either being better than the other except maybe at the top because of the Vince Young, Matt Leinart thing...and I think Alex Smith is taking a LOT of unfair flack for his rookie performance on a bad offense in San Fran. I think you could toss Rodgers and Cutler into the air and not come out with a definite winner. Leinart and Smith, I know a lot of folks would say Leinart easy but Leinart's getting knocked around now up at his high perch and Smth had a better arm, the same kind of intangibles, better mobility, same size, etc...I love Leinart and all, but really the major difference between last draft and this one is just Vince Young. I think otherwise the mid-round guys like Charlie Frye, Adam Walter, David Greene, Kyle Orton, and Stefan LeFors all compare with the newest rat pack of guys like Jacobs, Croyle, Hackney, Clemens, Gradkowski, Whitehurst, Nealy, etc. Late round guys like Orlovsky, McPherson, and Cassel compare favorably with this draft too. Vince Young declaring throws me off a bit cuz I didn't expect it, but aside from him I see pretty much a very similar QB class.

As for DEs I happen to think last year's class was exceptional and I would find it hard to believe this year's class could produce candidates that stack up next to Ware, Pollack, James, Spears, Roth, Cody, Canty, and Swancutt. I think it would be really tough to pull out that kind of output...keeping in mind that some of this year's guys you may be considering will move to OLB and if we're counting them then you'd better add Merriman back into last year's group.

I sure hope we grab one of those tackles. What do you think ? I know Dmac is not going to be with us...do you think Alabi is the guy ?

Regan21286 said:
Two elite QB prospects in Leinart and Young, two quality prospects in Cutler and Jacobs, and two toss-ups in Hackney and Whitehurst. Still better than last year's Smith/Rodgers duo. Midrange is about par with last year's.

RB's as deep as last year's Brown/Williams/Benson/Arrington/ with Bush/Williams/Drew/Maroney/Addai and could be more if LenDale White enters.

WR's are the weakest. Holmes, Jackson, and Hagan are the only valuable prospects.

Strongest TE group I've seen. Davis, Pope, and Lewis could be instant starters and could top Heath Miller's production.

OL has some good prospects at OT like Winston Justice, Jonathan Scott, Marcus McNeill, D'Brickshaw Ferguson. All have potentials to be Pro Bowl starters. G and C aren't too deep.

DE has a good crop but not as good as last year's. A good number of future NT's (Watson, Ngata, Oshinowo). Deepest LB depth in many years and a lot of good Safeties. CB is a mixed bag because some of the top prospects could use some work on technique and/or physical attributes.
I think you sum it all up pretty good on your post.It seems to me like OT and LB are the 2 deepest positions and we can use both.This should be the year we take a good LT and let him start for the next 10 years.I just wish it was better for QB's too but I have a feeling that Nick will get us our QB of the future one way or another.

Ozzy rules!!

Wow, didn't know Thomas went down like that. Guess he won't come out then huh! LOL.

I see us grabbing a tackle somewhere, I just don't know who that tackle will be or where we'll take him. There are far too many people projecting us to take Andrew Whitworth, and I don't find that likely since you never know who Houck is going to settle on at the position. I personally don't think Saban has much influence over that, I think he lets Houck have his way there. We just have to pay attention to any rumors of Houck having spent a few days with some guy watching film with him and stuff.

I'd still like to hear the reasoning behind so many people saying next year's QB class is gonna be so much better than this year's?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom