OK heres part one the offense from today wed. the 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK heres part one the offense from today wed. the 28

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I write this in protest for It is my second try to get it done, and I missed my fishing tonight. :yell:

My disclaimer first: No pads, no hard hitting, no no no. This means do not take any of these MINI CAMPS to serious, yes they can tell a few things but l really think it best to be viewed as reading material only, for those who can't attend.

OK lets start out by doing the Qb's:

Jay Fiedler executed a perfect play fake, rolled out to his right. While CC got inside his man on a post pattern. He had his man beat by nearly two yards. Jay threw a wobbling duck three yards too long, and three yards wide right. If any other reports come out from Wednesday saying Jay threw well, don't believe it. He overthrew at least six balls that I saw. And on another he overthrew CC only to have CC snatch it out of the air. An excellent catch, that still would have left Chambers open for a big hit in a game. I'll give jay credit for his execution of the plays. He knows what he's doing in this offense, but he better start putting some darn throws downfield on the money. I'll also give him props for a perfectly thrown pass to Robert Konrad, down the middle for a nice gainer. He seemed to be more in sync with Rad, more than anyone, hitting him once more out in the flat, on another ball in the breadbasket.

It may seem like I'm bashing Fiedler but I'm just tired of the "missed it by that much" quotes. And people can yell Brian Griese all they want, IMO he is no better, just a name people know.

Sage was OK. The one thing I really like about him is the spiral he throws. His throws are much easier to catch. He threw one ball a little behind Battaglia, who made a real nice one handed catch in the endzone.

The fodders looked on today, got coffee, water, and other things :)

OK the WR's

CC is taking on the leadership role rather well, his work ethic, and determination seems even more than last year. He runs some of the smoothest routes, and his cuts are on a dime. He, and Jay were really in sync playing catch. Jay was placing the ball right in his chest coming out of his cuts. Now lets get it together under even a little pressure please.

McKnight had a sure TD thrown way over his head, and landed hard on his keester. Not too much else from him

Margin Hooks made two nice catches, and then he did a no no, dropping two. You can't win a job like that pal.

McMichael caught two and had one batted away in the endzone by Fletcher, only to make a really nice grab on the ground before the ball hit the ground. Mr. Circus I tell ya. T-Buck was not involved but played ref, standing above McMike motioning that the catch was out of bounds. I think it was a TD though.

Donald Lee has impressed me big time, from the little I've seen of him anyway. He caught one down the middle on a nice throw from Sage, for a TD. And they say his specialty is blocking, well I can't wait too see this.

Nothing I noticed from Thompson, or Tolver.

The Rb's:

Not many running plays today, but they are working in a few wrinkles it seems. One being the use of Konrad on the counter tray. And the other had RW's almost attempting a PASS. It was interrupted by a DE though, so he tucked it in and tried to run.

The OL:

They're mixing things up, trying people all across the line. Starting out with the starters Dixon, McKinney, Ruddy, Perry, and Wade. They then used Smith, Pierce, Andrew, Bristol, and Provost. And more mixes across the board. I'm going to have a hard time keeping up with this group, there are a bunch of them.

OK something to read, sorry It comes a lil late. Defense coming around 11

Great Ozzy, thanks....I know it was hard to do it twice, you're a real trooper, sacrificing fishing, for us!

Just one question.....I thought Andrews was in NFLE.....do we have two?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Great Ozzy, thanks....I know it was hard to do it twice, you're a real trooper, sacrificing fishing, for us!

Just one question.....I thought Andrews was in NFLE.....do we have two?

Sorry my bad i have two number 65's on my roster.........Billy Yates it is

Originally posted by zonk39
Oz,
Are you going tommorrow? I'm thinking about it, If you go I'll go for sure.

Zonk

I'll say yes, but one thing, if something comes up, I'll have to turn around. It rarely happens so lets meet up.

Call a brutha man.

Thanx for all ur hard work Ozzie, sorry u missed ur fishing trip, but I'm kinda glad u did I'm sorry to say:) Great post as always Oz.

Hopefully Jay will be throwing a little better by the time training camp comes around.

If not, we're gonna hear some aweful loud shoutin for Brian Griese. I mean heck, people were shoutin for Ray Lucas to start and in retrospect...well, no need to say more.

Glad to see CC is trying to take a real prominent role in this offense. Its all about tryin to get the ball in his hands. If Norv is to be believed that we're really makin up some more plays and makin big attempts to get the ball in his hands, then I think an 1100 yard season is not out of the question.

The QBs have got to do a better job down the field. It's a very integral part of this offense. And we've got guys who can get open deep....not to mention a RB to keep a defense honest. If they can get the deep game working, this offense will be explosive.

Griese isn't the strongest arm either. But he's shown it to be better downfield than Fiedler. Jay had better tighten it up. He has to get better in this area. It's that important.

Thanks Ozzy... I know how you feel... i hate doing things twice for no good reason too .... takes the fun out of it... (except sex... that's different)
I appreciate all your work... great report as usual!!!

Originally posted by Ozzy
And on another he overthrew CC only to have CC snatch it out of the air. An excellent catch,

CC is taking on the leadership role rather well, his work ethic, and determination seems even more than last year. He runs some of the smoothest routes, and his cuts are on a dime. He, and Jay were really in sync playing catch. Jay was placing the ball right in his chest coming out of his cuts. Now lets get it together under even a little pressure please.

:D

For a fellow Phin fan living on the other side of the country.. Thanks for the info... I would love to be there watching along with you guys..

Thanks again and keep up the good work!!

I am confused, you said Fiedler threw terribly to Chambers yet state he was hitting him right in the chest coming out of his cuts. Did you mean he was only throwing ducks on the long route sand hitting the short to medium ones or what? Thanks for posting by the way.

Back
Top Bottom