Ok, I'm sorry Pat fans.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok, I'm sorry Pat fans....

Dolfanmatty

Starter
Reaction score
Haven't posted for a while but the game I watched tonight just irritated me. In a way I guess, I wish I actually liked this team, unfortunately, that will never happen. The reason I say that is this team gets about every freakin' break possible time after time. True in some cases, you MAKE your own luck, but ever since the snow game vs. Oakland this team has apparently stolen the four leaf clover the Celtics use to have in the Boston Garden. (Before the deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis of course)

Anyway, on to tonights game:
Ok I figure Denver is down to their what, 4th QB? Ok, well, maybe they still have a shot since the game is at Mile High. Then they lose Elam in mid game costing them how many points? They are now PUNTING from the 33 yard line? The PATRIOTS 33 yard line?!?Then for some god awful reason pass 3 times after they just got 2 first downs running the ball with a one point lead late in the 4th? Denver then decides NOT to field the free kick after the intentional safety letting it bounce inside their own 20?!!?!?! A 19 yard screen pass to Kevin Faulk when the refs missed an OBVIOUS hold on the right tackle? Ridiculous....Are the Patriots just so smart or do teams suddenly get stupid when they play them?

They get another win simply because the highest paid kicker in the game can't kick off of dirt for some reason. Man, for that money I'll learn to kick off a moving aircraft....

Yet when we play teams balls bounce off of intended receivers into other ones further down the field. Mare misses another kick that would have iced the Texans game.

New England is obviously a well coached team and they have had some injuries to deal with, especially on defense....but I still would venture to say this is the worst 7-2 team in NFL history.

These guys throw firggin screen passes all game, have no running game and cant stop the run! They are starting guys on defense we would have cut in training camp!

HOW DO THEY WIN!!!?!?

Someone help me...

(Whew, that felt better)

Not to mention that bull**** pass interference call last year when the patriots played against us in the final game of the season.

Exactly....

Tonight was a typical "Patriot win"

Hang around, keep the score close and wait for either the other team or the officials to f*** up

:lol:

40 different players starters

15 injured starters

17 penalties to 4

Refs worked for The Broncos. More missed calls. But I won't dwell on that.

Game in Denver

Sorry, you make your own luck. You guys need to learn that. You make your own luck. Play hard, stand tall, and never quit.

There is a fine line between winning and losing, and bless them, the Patriots know how to cross that line.

Complaining wont take away our wins and give you wins.

I hope you Miami fans can some day give the Pats thier due, but if you can't, I understand.

Keep believing in that "Making your own luck" theory....

The fact is sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, and the sun shines on the Pats more than any other team in the NFL in my opinion.

You are one of those people who still try to convince yourself that Brady's fumble was really an incomplete pass right?

Originally posted by Dolfanmatty
Keep believing in that "Making your own luck" theory....

The fact is sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, and the sun shines on the Pats more than any other team in the NFL in my opinion.

You are one of those people who still try to convince yourself that Brady's fumble was really an incomplete pass right?

Sour grapes.

What about the Fumble vs. Denver today?

Brady CLEARLY had it under the pile. But it was awarded to Denver anyways.

What about the pass by Brady that bounced off 3 guys for an interception?

You can live in you own world and think the Pats are the luckiest guys, but the Pats play hard and play smart and as many good breaks go thier way as bad breaks. LOOK AT OUR INJURIES!!!

How can you say the sun shines brightest on us? We win IN SPITE of stuff like that, and ya, good stuff happens to us as well.

You can bash the Pats all you want, but you have glasses on if you think nothing bad happens to the Patriots.

In Denver they are ripping apart Shanahan and Kubiak.

Mostly because they didn't stay with Portis because:

a) it was working.....and it didn't put the game on Kanell's shoulders

b) it would've kept the clock running

Maybe there's some truth to your statement that other teams get stupid when they play us. Essentially, Shanny made the same mistake Wanny made last December and Martz made in SB36. You've got an elite runner - use him!

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
In Denver they are ripping apart Shanahan and Kubiak.

Mostly because they didn't stay with Portis because:

a) it was working.....and it didn't put the game on Kanell's shoulders

b) it would've kept the clock running

Maybe there's some truth to your statement that other teams get stupid when they play us. Essentially, Shanny made the same mistake Wanny made last December and Martz made in SB36. You've got an elite runner - use him!

ok, I will buy that.

But I wasn't surprised Denver passed. They did it to us last year to ice the game. I knew they would pass again.

Ya, teams do get dumb vs. us. Thier brains just shut off.

:D

Listen,

I am not trying to take EVERYTHING away from the Pats here....but you HAVE to agree that in a lot of their wins weird stuff seems just "to happen" just at the right time for them.

Ya know, kinda like real sucky things seem to always happen to the Red Sox in those same types of games???

How's that for an analogy?

I just love how the Patriots NEVER stop fighting.

The funny thing is......The Patriots have NOT been getting any breaks from the officials this year. We've been on the short end of a lot of really bad calls. The Miami game is a good example. That game was totally called one sided, highlighted by the long catch down the sideline where the WR clearly landed out of bounds.

Anyway, despite all the bad calls this team fights and finds a way to overcome them. Many teams, like the Dolphins for instance, seem to fold up when the calls go against them but the Patriots just play harder.

As for the comment on screen passes, I don't remember too many of those this game. If you haven't noticed the Patriots have finally started to stretch the field. This offense is evolving. We've still got all those screens in the playbook but we've finally got some deep threats in the passing game.

This team is getting better every week, not to mention healthier.

Originally posted by Dolfanmatty
Listen,

I am not trying to take EVERYTHING away from the Pats here....but you HAVE to agree that in a lot of their wins weird stuff seems just "to happen" just at the right time for them.

Ya know, kinda like real sucky things seem to always happen to the Red Sox in those same types of games???

How's that for an analogy?

It evens out :D :( :fire:

Oh well. Marlins beats the Yankees so I am happy!

very bitter cry babies in here,its kinda funny hearing all the whining.

and it was an incomplete pass in the snow game,a rule is a rule.refs followed the rule book. actually the refs didnt follow the rules on that play with the tuck because woodson completely open hand b_i_t_c_h_e_d slapped brady on the head that play wnen the ball came loose.should have been a penalty on woodson but the refs blew it.(even oakland media members admitted this). again there should havebeen a roughing the passer call, and that tuck should have never been an issue in the first place.

btw.has that brady bomb in overtime landed yet. man what a gorgeous throw.

omg hell i thought we blew the game on that stupid 3 n 1 pass play by weis..incomplete and 2 punts later retrun for a TD talk bout bonehead playcallin...run on 3 and 1

I'll tell you how they win. They are extremely well-coached. They are as mentally tough a team as there is in this league. You don't get the breaks game after game, season after season with just dumb luck. You get them with preperation, mental toughness, unrelenting tenacity, and execution.

One part of me dislikes the Pats because they are our rivals. But the football fan in me loves them. They are a joy to watch. And they can beat anybody on any given night.

Back
Top Bottom