Ok one more tease before I head out for the evening session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok one more tease before I head out for the evening session

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, so let me give you people a little tease before I head on up to Davie.

First off, there are a few changes at the facility. They added three new light poles for the night practices, whereas they would rent them before, and they were terrible for the eyes. I cant wait to see how these look at night.

Secondly the fence next to the stands is now off limits

And thirdly this Cool Zone may be a good idea for the players, but it SUCKS for the fans.

OK now lets get the the chase.

Newly acquired DT Manuel Wright did pretty good, and yes, it was him that knocked Ricky on his keester. Ricky kind of helped himself too, by tripping over his feet. Wright also impressed me a lot going one on one in drills against the oline. He is pretty quick off the ball, and has some good drive in his legs. He drew some praise from coaches, and from his defensive teammates. He did get beat a couple of times in one on ones, but never twice in a row.

Matt Roth turned my head twice. Once by totally bullying his way over Damion Cook (i believe). He lined up a little bit off the ball, and wow, he was on Cook like white on rice. Not only did it surprise me, but I think it took Cook back abit as well. About 4-5 yards back.

Speaking of Cook, he was doing very well, and holding his own against everyone, except Roth.

Alabi is an interesting prospect at Tackle. I must admit I know nothing about him, but he was doing very well against Flemings the DE.

Seth McKinney got his butt handed too him twice in a row, which made Houck get on his case. He was showing him where his arms should have been. Then he did it again, and it was a much better result.

Hadnot was looking pretty good, but was slapped to the side once by one of the Ends. He wanted to go right back to it though.

Now here is where it might get a little interesting. Wade Smith was used at Center, and by far, he is better suited to line up inside somewhere. He seems to have an ATTITUDE TOO!!!! Seriously, he was looking pretty good, and actually held his own very well. I'll be sure to watch closer tonight to make sure I was not seeing things.

Macintosh got his butt whooppped by JT twice.

Vernon Carey was holding his own fairly well against JT, but on one play Houck stopped everything, got up in Carey's face, and yelled out. You just got your $$ Beat!! My jaw dropped on that, and so did Carey's head, but he went right back at it.

Houck, my friends, is as advertised, a teacher.

Ok, that's it for now, I got to get out of here, or I'll miss meeting up with friends before camp.

Don't think that the oline got the edge here, because though they did good, the Defensive line was much better, and man they are deep.

I hope everyone enjoys the read............

I really like hearing about Houck getting on the linemen, hopefully it develops into them having a nice mean streak and good technique.

Hmmm, Wade holding his own on day 1, lets see if he can keep it up..The D is usually pretty much the better on the first week, let's see if the OL can start making some impressions by next week...Go phins...finally football season..yea.

I'm getting hyped, the wade smith comment really sounded awesome. I just don't like mckinney

Back
Top Bottom