OK one question to Phily Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK one question to Phily Fans

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I keep hearing how Feely was really the top secret 2nd string Qb and if they needed a QB to win for them when McNabb went sown they would turn to Feely over Detmer.

Well then why was Feely not playing when McNabb went down in the playoffs?

Before you go and say that he was 3rd string and once he came Detmer couldn't come back in, I don't by that, The playoffs are on the line and you don't have your best optio nin the game Doesn't make sense.

In case McNabb was able to come back..If Feeley came in, McNabb would be lost for the game. And then if Feeley got hurt they would have no one to come in... I think,.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
In case McNabb was able to come back..If Feeley came in, McNabb would be lost for the game. And then if Feeley got hurt they would have no one to come in... I think,.

Yes you are right, but I have to believe they knew that McNabb wasn't coming back at some point.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
I keep hearing how Feely was really the top secret 2nd string Qb and if they needed a QB to win for them when McNabb went sown they would turn to Feely over Detmer.

Well then why was Feely not playing when McNabb went down in the playoffs?

Before you go and say that he was 3rd string and once he came Detmer couldn't come back in, I don't by that, The playoffs are on the line and you don't have your best optio nin the game Doesn't make sense.

What you heard is a bunch of crap spitting out of a mouth from another Eagles fan. I wouldn't say that is the case at all. Once McNabb went down, and in even throughout the season, it was Koy's job and A.J. understands this. Koy knows the offense better than A.J., and although I don't see these things when they practice, Koy has done something to earn that backup QB role. A.J. had to take the role of the student and watch and learn from McNabb and Detmer. Detmer was the better option once McNabb went down to an injury.

Re: Re: OK one question to Phily Fans

Originally posted by Great_One

What you heard is a bunch of crap spitting out of a mouth from another Eagles fan. I wouldn't say that is the case at all. Once McNabb went down, and in even throughout the season, it was Koy's job and A.J. understands this. Koy knows the offense better than A.J., and although I don't see these things when they practice, Koy has done something to earn that backup QB role. A.J. had to take the role of the student and watch and learn from McNabb and Detmer. Detmer was the better option once McNabb went down to an injury.

Who was better then? Feeley or Koy?

How did he perform during QB and training camps? Did the receivers like him?
What was/are the knocks against him?

thankz

Oh man, Feeley by a mile.

How did he perform during QB and training camps?

Feeley spent a lot of time in camp learning. Lots of his time was spent with coaches, and learning off of McNabb and Detmer. He would sometimes spend 2-3 hours just reading through the playbook - while he knew he'd never be a starter in Philly, he thought he could get a gig elsewhere. Because he didn't play much in college, and because Detmer knew the system well, he was stuck as #3.

No idea if his recievers liked him, but Philly's WR's suck big time

The only TRUE and definite knock on Feeley is his arm strength. His main positive are his intelligent playing of the position, and his near pin point accuraccy. he also throws very nicely on the move.

If you want a comparison, try Tom Brady. Not perfect at anything, but a mistake free guy with huge upside.

As said by one Eagles fan in his blog at the end of last season

The performances by A.J. have been nothing short of miraculous when you consider how inexperienced he really is. He certainly didn't get the support in the Rams game that one would hope for.

What I see in AJ is a QB that makes quick decisions and throws long and short passes with a nice touch. I imagine that the offensive line is enjoying blocking for him because they don't have to hold their block forever while he tries to make up his mind.

I hate to lose AJ, but I think they will because to me he looks too good to be a backup forever.

Re: Re: Re: OK one question to Phily Fans

Originally posted by Superself

How did he perform during QB and training camps? Did the receivers like him?

thankz

It looked to me in training camp this past year that both QBs looked OK, not great. I still would give the nod to Koy.

Doug

Come on...take off those bandwagon glasses for a second.

You would prefer Koy? Puhlease...

you just want to think that the Eagles got some steal of a deal...when the reality is that it is probably a good deal for both teams.

The Eagles weren't about to let anyone ruin Donovan's confidence hence Detmer as the backup...A.J. Feeley is by miles the better quarterback over Detmer...but Detmer is a better fit for the "backup" role.

Come on...admit it...you are a little afraid that Feeley might take Miami to the Bowl.

The Eagles get a second round pick which is good for them...Miami gets a guy who has at least a shot at being a good starting qb...this year. Would I rather have had Ramsay? Yup, but all things considered...a new starting qb for a conditional second round pick next year...I think I'd do it.

Re: Doug

Originally posted by RHoffman
Come on...take off those bandwagon glasses for a second.

You would prefer Koy? Puhlease...

you just want to think that the Eagles got some steal of a deal...when the reality is that it is probably a good deal for both teams.

The Eagles weren't about to let anyone ruin Donovan's confidence hence Detmer as the backup...A.J. Feeley is by miles the better quarterback over Detmer...but Detmer is a better fit for the "backup" role.

Come on...admit it...you are a little afraid that Feeley might take Miami to the Bowl.

The Eagles get a second round pick which is good for them...Miami gets a guy who has at least a shot at being a good starting qb...this year. Would I rather have had Ramsay? Yup, but all things considered...a new starting qb for a conditional second round pick next year...I think I'd do it.

Why I prefer Koy for the Eagles today is that he has a better feel for the offense than A.J. does. A.J. has been Reid's pet project since he was drafted. You know Feeley had to move on, he wasn't going to start here, neither was Detmer. Detmer is and will always be a career backup whereas Feeley does have that potential to be a starter, but not in Philly. Is it a good deal for both teams, yes, especially for A.J.

Re: Doug

The Eagles get a second round pick which is good for them...Miami gets a guy who has at least a shot at being a good starting qb...this year. Would I rather have had Ramsay? Yup, but all things considered...a new starting qb for a conditional second round pick next year...I think I'd do it. [/B][/QUOTE]

But Ramsey was never really available. still isnt unless ramseys agent makes a move somehow to get out of wash.

Back
Top Bottom