Okay, here's what's REALLY going to happen.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okay, here's what's REALLY going to happen....

LandlockdFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We all know the history of the Dolphins on draft day.

The first round of the draft, Miami will either trade the Prince and their first round pick for more draft picks in the second round

or

they will select an LB with the first pick because "he was the highest player on our draft board and the best athlete available". Then, in the third round, they will select a DE to augment the eventual "loss" of the Prince - who, after an off-year, will lose to free agency.

Yeah. I'm prepared for a HUGE let down. Every time I hear rumors about BIG trades, they never come. Yeah, I was aghast when RW was actually traded - not only that but PRODUCED - but, it can't happen twice in a life time. It can't.

Here's the off-season in a nutshell. :sleep:

Originally posted by LandlockdFinFan
We all know the history of the Dolphins on draft day.

The first round of the draft, Miami will either trade the Prince and their first round pick for more draft picks in the second round

or

they will select an LB with the first pick because "he was the highest player on our draft board and the best athlete available". Then, in the third round, they will select a DE to augment the eventual "loss" of the Prince - who, after an off-year, will lose to free agency.

Yeah. I'm prepared for a HUGE let down. Every time I hear rumors about BIG trades, they never come. Yeah, I was aghast when RW was actually traded - not only that but PRODUCED - but, it can't happen twice in a life time. It can't.

Here's the off-season in a nutshell. :sleep:

Spend some money, take your dog on a Cruise.

Your'e forgetting one thing. Spielman is in charge now, not Wannstedt. We WILL take a WR at #20.

You're right, but god I hope not this time for this season's sake.

This time last year everyone knew for a "fact" that we were taking either an OL, QB, or WR with our 2nd rounder.

It's a lot different in the 1st round since positions are much more valuable (a lot more predictable about who's going where). After the 1st round it's really unpredictable.

I think this year we will be stupid not to pick a WR or OL.

Well, yeah I agree - but it's been so LONG since we picked in the first, and had a quality pick. When was the last quality player we selected in the first round?

When was the last quality player we selected in the first round?

Duh! Jamar Fletcher.. :shakeno:

:jk:

I thought you were going to say Yatil Green. Yeah, we took who over Randy Moss again? I can't remember. Was it John Avery?

You are confused, we didnt take anyone over Moss.

Well, yeah I agree - but it's been so LONG since we picked in the first, and had a quality pick. When was the last quality player we selected in the first round?
chris chambers was a first round pick

CC was a second rounder....Jamar Fletcher was our 1st that year i think. I could be wrong bout Fletch, but i know CC was taken in the 2nd round.

Quote:
I thought you were going to say Yatil Green. Yeah, we took who over Randy Moss again? I can't remember. Was it John Avery?

You are confused, we didnt take anyone over Moss.

You're right - we traded out of the first round that year and let Moss pass by.

Oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me. We took NO ONE over Moss.

Back
Top Bottom