OL at #16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL at #16

PAFINFAN090

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i have always been a fan of taking care of as many needs through free agency before the draft as you can to free up your options on draft day. that said, i think the fins should pursue drew brees as hard as they possibly can. qb is easily the riskiest position to draft, the failures are too numerous to list. i would much rather see the fins get someone who they know can come in and perform. second, i think getting sam madison to stay would be huge. i think he still has some fight left in him, hopefully he's sincere about taking a pay cut. doing those two things will give us alot more options in the draft. we wouldn't have to worry about drafting a qb, we could leave that for a few years and then bring someone in to groom behind brees. db would still be an issue, but far less important with sammy still on the roster. with that said, i think the #16 spot should be used on an o-lineman. let's take a look at the options...

d'brickashaw ferguson-i know i know, he won't be there. but i wanted to list him, because HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DUDE!! what a beast.

winston justice-in my humble opinion, i'm not gonna argue with the guy that pete carroll trusted to protect matt leinart's blindside and open up the sideline for reggie bush. there is the issue of him having to switch sides (since leinart is a southpaw), but i doubt it will be a major issue.

eric winston-i don't like him. simply because i don't think that a guy who has only been an o-lineman for 2 years deserves to go in the first round. he had to pack on a lot of weight to make the switch from TE, and i doubt he's completely comfortable playing at that weight, in a new position yet.

marcus mcneill-a great athlete, and that will go a long way in the nfl.

jonathan scott-don't know much about this guy, but i do remember vince young scrambling out of the pocket alot last season.

areas for the later rounds...

1. keep making the defense younger, a promising DT or LB

2. let hudson houck find a late round steal to groom into the line.

3. a RB, just incase ricky continues to be ricky.

I think that we should really draft the best available first pick if we get a qb in free agency

D-Back or
Left Tackle or
OLB

Micheal Huff
Chad Greenway
Winston Justice

those are the 3 players i would def want the most

Back
Top Bottom