OL in draft next year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL in draft next year...

ALfin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know a lot of Miami fans were talking about the 2006 draft next year and the possibility of taking a LT with the first round pick. One guy to keep an eye on is Ronnie Brown's former teammate Marcus McNeill. Kiper has him ranked #6 on his big board. He is 6'9" 337 lbs. and ran a 4.9 at Auburn's "combine day" today. Not sure if he'll fall as low as I suspect Miami will be picking next year, but he may be a guy to watch.

Next years group of Tackles will be the best in years... There are 3 top 15 prospects already..

McNeil was who i wanted to get wit the #2 if he woulda declared even tho the general consensus is D-Brick is #1.

ALfin said:
I know a lot of Miami fans were talking about the 2006 draft next year and the possibility of taking a LT with the first round pick. One guy to keep an eye on is Ronnie Brown's former teammate Marcus McNeill. Kiper has him ranked #6 on his big board. He is 6'9" 337 lbs. and ran a 4.9 at Auburn's "combine day" today. Not sure if he'll fall as low as I suspect Miami will be picking next year, but he may be a guy to watch.

That depends on Alabi's progress. If Alabi becomes what Houck thinks he can become, we won't need to draft a LT next year.

Marcus McNeil, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Eric Winston, Jon Scott, Winston Justice, Andrew Whitworth.

They are all top prospects.

I cant believe a few of them didnt declare this year considering how thin the oline class was and how stacked the position will be next year.

I think we should look to Winston. He should slide to our pick ohpefully towards the end of the first round. I think D-Brick and McNeil will be gone in the top ten. Winston should slide due to his injury.

GreenMonster said:
Next years group of Tackles will be the best in years... There are 3 top 15 prospects already..

doesn't end there:

D'Brickshaw Ferguson
Eric Winston
Marcus McNeill
Jon Scott
Andrew Whitworth

but lets talk about other OL prospects:
G Max Jean-Giles, Georgia (stud)
C Mike Degory, Florida (personal favorite of mine. talk about meanstreak)

These are all just Seniors!

DonShula84 said:
I cant believe a few of them didnt declare this year considering how thin the oline class was and how stacked the position will be next year.

Also, McNeill won't have Cadillac and Ronnie running behind him so there's NO WAY his running game is going be as successful...his numbers will be all skewed.

Personally, I think D'Brickshaw is one of the most amazing linemen I've ever seen. He's 6'9'' and weighs less than 300 lbs. He looks like a bigger TE when he blocks except he kills opponents.

I'd like McNeill or Ferguson.

Back
Top Bottom