Reaction score
2003 All Rookie Team Offensive Lineman

Player Name Team School Rd
Jordan Gross Carolina Utah 1
Eric Steinbach Cincinnati Iowa 1
David Diehl Giants Illinois 5
Vince Manuwai Jacksonville Hawaii 3
Steve Sciullo Indianapolis Marshall 4

Just wanted to show you can pick up a good OL in the later rounds.

Kelly Butler, Stacy Andrews and Tyson Clabo (a project guard) are 3 guys who I think will be gems for whoever picks them.

It's funny how the two guys taken in round one are the only two I've heard of. Either the other three aren't that good, or I need to do more homework...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
It's funny how the two guys taken in round one are the only two I've heard of. Either the other three aren't that good, or I need to do more homework...

PHINZ RULE!!!
I think its just you dont hear o linemans names come up very much and you heard of the two first rounders just because they got a lot of coverage coming out of the draft.

i think these guys will be great mid to late round picks for the OL :
Chris Snee Boston College 6-2 305
Justin Smiley Alabama 6-4 302
Carlos Joseph Miami (FL) 6-6 342
Max Starks Florida 6-7 349
Nat Dorsey Georgia Tech 6-6 335
A.J. Ricker Missouri 6-4 295

i wouldn't mind any or all of these guys on my OL

I thought Wade Smith was on the AP all rookie team. Where'd that list come from?

Anthony Hall - the guy can play both O line positions...prob a 5th -7th rounder

I like Antonio Hall and Adrien Clark as early day 2 picks.
Later picks include:
C Nick Hardwick
Brian Rimpf
Mark Kavaco
Nick Newton

Wade Smith was on the All-Rookie team. He and Jordan Gross were the tackles. The center was Dan Koppen. David Diehl and Steve Scuillo were the guards.

Just because you draft a OL in the later rounds doesn't mean he will be good. Taylor Whitley was drafted in the third round last year and he never even saw the field. We need to get the best offensive linemen we can get, we need to use our first round pick on OL. If Andrews is available at #20, we should take him. If he isn't, we should trade down and get a OG like Justin Smiley or Vernon Carey.

Just because you didn't play in your first year doesn't mean you are a bust either.

KBISBACK said:
Just because you didn't play in your first year doesn't mean you are a bust either.

I never said he was a bust, but I was saying that you could draft a offensive linemen in the later rounds who will do nothing their rookie year. Whitley did nothing as a rookie. Wade Smith has a lot of potential but he was awful last season as well. You have a better chance of getting a productive offensive linemen in the first round. Of course, it is possible that you could take a guy in the later rounds who will be a stud, or a guy in the first round who will be a bust, but it is more probable that a first round pick will be a better player, both as a rookie and in future years as well.

im starting to get sickof people saying wade had an "awful" season, he played as well as an average tackle in his first year and will be better next year, he had 2 off games oh well, and i want stacy andrews he should be a nice project, and im wanting to trade down to get vernon cary now, the flexibility of guard and tackle is perfect for him and st. clair to play tackle and guard, id expect for mcintosh to play inside though ive seen him play well at guard(my nfc team is the rams)

Any rookie LT with a RH Quarterback

is going to have problems somewhere. This league is just too different from college ball. Smith did a great job for being thrown into the fray as raw meat. This year, with that kind of learning curve and some extra muscle mass - he will be much better. Whitley has the possibility of being at least as good as any of the mid round picks this year, and we only have two first day picks now. Last year's nr. 2 is our LT.

Back
Top Bottom