Olandis Gary??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olandis Gary???

bigbry

Want some?
Reaction score
Gary is a RFA and coming off of a leg fracture, but is expected to be 100% by training camp. The Broncos(I really hate um) have tendered an offer for 563K.
The Broncos (really, really hate um) would take a 4th Rd. pick for him.
Personally a close look at him with a physical would be a better option then R.Williams. IMO Gary is a premier back.
Naturally the Donkeys have the right to match any offer, but, it wouldnt hurt my feelings to see them pay more to keep him.

BB:evil:

We might sign Robert Edwards. After the whole Garrison Hearst thing, I think we should give Edwards a try.

I think that Edwards would be better. I never like Gary. I think that the denver line made him and all the other 25th round RBs they got.

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I think that Edwards would be better. I never like Gary. I think that the denver line made him and all the other 25th round RBs they got.
totally agree, but I guess that means that we can get Edge or Ricky Will or M Faulk and without getting 1 or 2 decent OLmen, they will missing their trips to Hawaii.

Originally posted by dolphan39
totally agree, but I guess that means that we can get Edge or Ricky Will or M Faulk and without getting 1 or 2 decent OLmen, they will missing their trips to Hawaii.

I think we are on the same path. Allow me to explain. 1st, my wish is trading down to the 2nd and still getting Foster. And then 2 OL in the next two picks.....or...if we go FA for a RB then I would like a guy like Gary,his price is right and his resume is good. He can catch the ball as well. Then with our 1st 2 picks go OL.
You see I agree that without improvement on the OL, NOBODY goes anywhere. If those damn Donkeys can make a very good running back look great (especially at their average weight) why cant we?

BB

I think Gary's a good back

I remember the opener in which he tore up his ACL against the Rams on Monday Night. Gary not only racked up good yardage, but he got a good portion of them while playing on that torn ACL. Didn't even know he was hurt that badly until the next day.

Gary is not too small. He goes 5-11, 220 lbs. He's just right. And Gary's very strong. I agree that he is very risky. But the potential was certainly there. Who knows now.

Gary's Not Worth a Fourth Rounder...

Gary is definitely not a premier back in this league, the CFL maybe, but certainly not the NFL. If it weren't for his cheap shot line, there is no way that he would ever have rushed for any signifigant gains. I'm in agreeance that if Edwards is healthy he's equally as good, if not better, than Gary. The only way a trade for Gary would be worth it would be if the 'Fins could get him for a 7th rounder. :fire:

I'm pretty sure the 'Fins would rather keep Lamar around (a much better back anyway) than go for a Gary. I know we're all hoping the 'Fins do something at RB but there are no answers to that in Denver...anywhere. Let's just keep hope Wanny and Speil can pull the trigger on the Williams deal.
:goof:

Denver blew their opportunity. They could have traded Gary to the Giants in 2000 for their first rounder. Broncos didnt think it was high enough so they passed. What idiots.

One source says we did sign Robert Edwards:
"Dolphins | Edwards Signed? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
10:25 PT: The Edmonton Sun is reporting CFL RB Ronald Williams was not signed by the Miami Dolphins as he had hoped for. The interesting part of the story is Williams said he was not signed because the Dolphins signed ex-Patriots RB Robert Edwards instead."

[That would have ranked up there as one of the worst trades in league history. The Giants are fortunate they didn't pull the trigger on that one.

Dolphins have no interest in Gary. I read it somewhere today, but can't remember. Anyway, Denver can't find anyone with interest.

As Reported by John Clayton:

Originally posted by Muck
Dolphins have no interest in Gary. I read it somewhere today, but can't remember. Anyway, Denver can't find anyone with interest.

March 1, 2002
Dolphins have no interest in Gary
Dolphins aren't interested in trading for halfback Orlandis Gary. Gary is coming off an injury-marred season and is a restricted free agent for the Broncos.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS :D

Back
Top Bottom