Olin Kreutz Is High On Fa List.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olin Kreutz Is High On Fa List..

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
KREUTZ is tough OL that both WANN-SPIEL know quite well from their Bear days. He will be highly touted. He is one of two names that I heard...the other being Jason Fabini of the JEts..who the Dolphins strongly like in this Fa OL class.
FRED TAYLOR spend a lot of time also...like Ricky Williams down on South Beach..and would also welcome a trade to the Dolphins. If the Dolphins can get TAYLOR for a third round pick..do it before the draft and take a OL in the first round.
It also appears that the TEXANS will not take on the contractual risk of selecting TIM BOWENS in the upcoming unprotected draft pool. They do not want to get stuck in that 8 million dollar cap slot for Tim..if they cant agree on restructuring. They appear to be looking elsewhere..according to Drew Rosenhaus.
Brock Marion will be asked to return to play for the same pay as this season...1 million...once again. his choice.
From all indications...the Dolphins have no intererest in TROY AIKMAN at all. Only Norv TURNER may have WANNY going in Aikman's direction...and that is if..and only if...Turner just does not think that he can win with JAY running his style of offense.
On the Turner front...I am very suprised that the Bucs are gong to go with MARVIN LEWIS to replace...DUNGY. Its like their changing mirrors...not coaches. They needed an offensive guy...its the Dolphins fans gain..from where I sit. I am excited about Turner shoring up the TE and FB...in the passing game. We should finally have some plays going down the middle of the field now..mercifully.
I feel that KOOCH deserved to go in to the HALL...I could not believe HAMPTON got in before KOOCH. And how can you not say that RAY GUY was not the greatest punter that you ever saw? He has to go in.. KUECHENBERG will get in eventually...it took BOUNICONTI a while..if you recall. The Veteran Comittee...and SHULA will be lobbying for KOOCH for many years to come.
Did you people know that JAY FIEDLER faced SECOND DOWN and 8 yards to go......a patehetic 87 times this season???
That says it all...about our RB/OL situation. Its time for NORV...and time for some bold drafting/Fa moves. I want a new tailback..a bonified starting TE...and at least 2 new Offensive lineman...to replace 2 current starters. Just one last note...IMO...its time to start looking at a viable replacement for Tim Ruddy. Can you say OLIN KREUTZ. Yes. DCH

You touched on a topic that could be a big difference in this season. If Norv comes to Miami I hope Dave just gets out of his way, and lets him controll the offense. Dave needs to spend all of his time working w/Bates getting the defense back up to speed. It should be Norv's call if he wants Jay back. Another topic from your post that jumped out at me was the possible signing of Kreutz, and Fabini. That would be so great. If that is done I would expect Miami to use their firts round pick on DT, maybe Tripplet from UW or Haynesworth from Fresno. I don't like the idea of a trade for Fred Taylor. First off I doubt we could aquire him for a 3rd round pick, and his salary cap # is much higher the William's. We also need a bruiser at RB not another speed guy. Ricky would be so perfect in Miami if we can only get NO to agree to 3rd round this year 1st next and maybe fletcher, Freeman, or Ward.

anybody...

Think the pats would get rid of bledsoe? he has a few good years left!

Bledsoe, well we would have a hard time getting him, because teams usually don't trade within their division.

Besides, why do we need Drew, the Patriots won the Super Bowl with ahem, Tom Brady. Actually that isn't true, the Pats won it with their defense, and a kicker.

DCH...

Great Post! I agree with everything that was said.

The Fins are very close fellas. This offseason can push us over the top. I think that our Fins were at home watching Larry Izzo, Terrance Shaw, Grey Ruegemar, Terrell Buckley, Damon Huard and others win the Super Bowl knowing that they can win it too. This will motivate them to do whatever it takes to reach that pinnacle, and that includes renogotiating contracts to bring in the players we need to help win the Super Bowl. We know the Fins are close, and so; our Fins know it too.

GO FINS!

Originally posted by Dajesus
You touched on a topic that could be a big difference in this season. If Norv comes to Miami I hope Dave just gets out of his way, and lets him controll the offense. Dave needs to spend all of his time working w/Bates getting the defense back up to speed. It should be Norv's call if he wants Jay back.
that is the key - if Bill Bel can win a Super Bowl by scheming and coaching, then Wanne's got to do that too and not be the generalist that he has become. Our D scheme is just too plain vanilla to be beat good teams playing well. :fire:

Back
Top Bottom