Oline- Scheme or Talent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oline- Scheme or Talent

gfish24

Rookie
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some thoughts here. In the post game coaches and players referred to the scheme as the issue regarding the awful running game and struggles in pass protection. I'm not sure if this line needs time to jell or if the talent is lacking...

These guys are not well coached.

You would think practicing against our front 7 the OL would have some kind of balls but they dont. No way we miss Fasano blocking that much.

The Oline needs help, I think we can all agree on that. Im hoping that it can improve as the season goes on, because if we can get consistent play from the Oline, we are going to be a tough team to play against. Adrian Peterson would not have done that much better playing behind that Oline yesterday.

Its the talent..This scheme can work and be very productive..The Browns were selling out against the run...I dont think you will see the Colts do that because their secondary is not very good...But Martin Fits this scheme and so does Pouncy and Clabo..Jerry might not be an NFL guard in general...Also our Tes are not the types you want in line blocking..

Javorski Lane was a huge factor in the running game..This kid clutts is not an updgrade there...I hope we can improve..cause if we dont it may end up being a long year and we may see Tanny getting hurt.

Reggie Bush covered up alot of the wholes last year..

Tuna. Its "holes" not "wholes".

I think Jerry will get better and that will be a big difference. I read that he had been in a compression sleeve and was still fighting to get that knee up to snuff. He is making up for some lost time and I think he'll soon start to resemble the guy that was playing really well at the end of last season.

Also: After week 1 is when a lot of teams pick up a guy cuz they don't have to guarantee a full-season's salary. Don't be surprised to see us pick up a good blocking TE.

It's a combination of not being well coached and too many alternating parts, IMO. I guess the good thing we can take away from the Cleveland game is that, for the O-line, there is nowhere to go but up.

Back
Top Bottom