Omar Jacobs on Cold Pizza | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs on Cold Pizza

FinFan_Est.1984

From Shula to The Tuna
Reaction score
Cold Pizza had 6'4" 225lb Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs on this morning on why he decided to forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft.
They asked him which QB he compared himself to and he said Daunte Culpepper and that he would love to be a "sponge" behind him . He also said that Miami would be the ideal situation for him with a big grin on his face. He considered himself a pocket passer. His TD/INt for the last two years were 67/11.

(This is all from memory and mine is not great :wink: so take it with a grain of salt.)

:dolphins:

I think he would be a great option should we not pick up a FA QB as a back-up in the 4th round.

He's my pick for the third or fourth round for sure.

cool, thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind picking up jacobs if the back up qb situation isn't resolved before the draft, but on the other hand maybe i would because that would mean 3 of our picks in this years draft were used at the qb position

jnewmant said:
cool, thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind picking up jacobs if the back up qb situation isn't resolved before the draft, but on the other hand maybe i would because that would mean 3 of our picks in this years draft were used at the qb position

See now I don't mind using three picks on QBs. Since Dan Marino retired that has been one of our greatest needs. Plus if we get him we are set at QB for many years to come.

I would love to get him in the 3rd round. He can be groomed behind Culppepper for a few years and then be ready to take over.

postermaster said:
I'd like to get him even if it is in the first round!!!

You'd pass up a guy that could significantly help our defense for years for a guy that won't even play for the next 3-4 years? It's not like he's a can't miss prospect. I'd much rather get depth at LB or in the secondary than reach for a QB in the first.

I saw the piece. It really seems like Miami would be the perfect fit. He even said that his family would be able to watch him play. I hope he's there when we pick in the 3rd.

He isn't a can't miss prospect but he is a pretty solid one for a 3rd or 4th rd pick. I love him but I wouldn' t take him in the 3rd unless we found a way to get another 3rd or even a 2nd rd pick. In the backround of his interview was a lovely picture of Miami Beach. This would set us up at Qb for years to come but it probably won't happen. The coaches appear to like Lemon and I think after this season we might have a shot at Adrian Mcpherson. If the Saints don't cut him before this season starts

I like his use of words

'Id like to be a sponge behind him'

Ive wanted Jacobs since the end part of last season, and I still want him now

Back
Top Bottom