Omar Jacobs stock may rise! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs stock may rise!

RnR3423

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
NCAA | Jacobs impresses at passing drills
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:47:02 -0800
Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs ran his 40-yard dash in 4.77 seconds at the NFL Combine. Jacobs, who was measured at a shade less than 6 feet 4, had an impressive 32 1/2-inch vertical jump and hit 10 out of 12 passes in throwing drills, including both long post patterns. "For such an unorthodox push delivery, he delivered it real well today, highly accurate," said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, one of the few media members allowed to watch the drills. "He had a little more juice on the ball and a better touch on the deep balls than I expected."

Absolutely accurate report. Jacobs looked very good in my opinion.

I don't think anyone was doubting his athleticism, other than his improving release, its his attitude/personality that are the big question mark.

SpeedRush99 said:
I don't think anyone was doubting his athleticism, other than his improving release, its his attitude/personality that are the big question mark.
I've heard there are questions about his leadership ability, but does he have a T.O.-esque bad attitude/personality as well?

Flyer22 said:
I've heard there are questions about his leadership ability, but does he have a T.O.-esque bad attitude/personality as well?

Nah, from what I heard its the opposite. Very quiet and doesn't have that competitive fire.

SpeedRush99 said:
Nah, from what I heard its the opposite. Very quiet and doesn't have that competitive fire.
Thanks. Not good for a QB, but better than being loud and selfish IMO.

SpeedRush99 said:
:confused: Ya think so?

yes, I will go on the record and say he will be a 2nd round draft pick.

I personally like Croyle more in the 2nd.

Whitehurst is 3rd rounder most likely (arm surgery and all recently).

I cant see Jacobs sliding back into the 1st unless he has an amazing pro day, and shows something he hasnt before.

He is a 2 year project before he sees the field, like young is.

Finsfan79 said:
yes, I will go on the record and say he will be a 2nd round draft pick.

I personally like Croyle more in the 2nd.

Whitehurst is 3rd rounder most likely (arm surgery and all recently).

I cant see Jacobs sliding back into the 1st unless he has an amazing pro day, and shows something he hasnt before.

He is a 2 year project before he sees the field, like young is.

:wink: I was being sarcastic. "Sliding back into the first"??? He was never there. I don't see him being any higher than a 3rd. Personal interviews are what is gonna make or break him and obviously we won't know how they go. He has the athleticism no doubt, but does he have the personality. Thats the big question for him.

Juan Cribbs said:
i saw an interview with him on NFL network. seemed like a normal guy...

I'm just basing what I said off of what I've seen of him, what I've heard from BG fans, and articles I've read.

yes i've heard the same things. and it troubled me some that on the sidelines he sometimes just stands there alone. but it could just be one of those baseball things, when the pitcher who has the perfect game going in the 7th inning doesn't want to be talked to. maybe he's in the zone or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom