Omar Jacobs wants to play for the Dolphins!!Dolphins | O. Jacobs interested in joinin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs wants to play for the Dolphins!!Dolphins | O. Jacobs interested in joinin

Winbaby#23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | O. Jacobs interested in joining team
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:52:25 -0800
During his <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/183">NFL Combine interview, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs said he would love to play for the Miami Dolphins.

If we get Brees, or Culpepper or any guy who can take this team right now to the next level then I would love to get Jacobs.

That way the staff can mould him and he can learn the offense over a period of time which by most reports is what he needs to do to get 'mechanics' right.

Anyone know the context of which he said that? Did someone ask him specifically if he would like to play for us b/c that would obviously be his answer. Obviously he has alot of upside, but I wouldn't spend a 2nd on him which some team may do, especially if we sign Brees.

:D I would absolutely love the Croyle or Jacobs & Brees combo on our team...

everybody is interested in becoming a dolphin. The list just keeps getting longer.

I would like to see what the question was for him? If he said he wanted to play for us the most it would be nice but if they asked him if he would like to play for the Dolphins? then obviously he would say yes he doesn't want to close any doors.

finfan54 said:
everybody is interested in becoming a dolphin. The list just keeps getting longer.

It's a good thing really. If a lot of good players look at the Miami Dolphins and think "Hey, Saban knows his ****. I want to be a part of that", then we are headed into the right direction.

Doesn't matter that much. It's not like he has a choice to where he wants to go. It is nice though to hear players enthusiastic about playing for the Fins.

i like jacobs. he's a big prospect, but he fits saban's mold for QBs being a big guy with a gun and decent mobility. but as i said, he's a project, so if we do draft him, don't expect him to be in there competing for the starting job right away.

Juan Cribbs said:
i like jacobs. he's a big prospect, but he fits saban's mold for QBs being a big guy with a gun and decent mobility. but as i said, he's a project, so if we do draft him, don't expect him to be in there competing for the starting job right away.
I agree. I think, given 2-3 years of sitting on the bench, he could come out and surprise a lot of people. There's no question Jacobs has the physical skills and college production, the biggest faults are his dodgy mechanics and questionable leadership ability.

Winbaby#23 said:
Dolphins | O. Jacobs interested in joining team
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:52:25 -0800
During his <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/183">NFL Combine interview, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs said he would love to play for the Miami Dolphins.

:lol:

Take a number Omar.

I hope the Phins interest is not mutual.

Back
Top Bottom