On Football Eve.... i have anxioty about our oline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Football Eve.... i have anxioty about our oline

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
As we get closer to game time the more im worried about our oline. Both Tackles especially, Davis is getting old and was never elite and he's arguably our best linemen. Jacksons preseason is giving me cold swets and don't even get me started about Dieter at Center.

Funny thing is I am not worried about Tua at all, in fact his improvment is the only reason I'm at all optimistic about the season.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong about the oline bc if they are even half way decent we will make the playoffs.

Im worried about our run defense. Stopping the Pats and forcing them into passing situations will be the key to make them kick field goals.
Our oline isnt great but our plan will be short passes and Tua moving in the pocket to buy time for the seam routes.
Its going to be a physical game decided in last couple minutes.
Turn overs and field position/ special teams could play a big role.

As we get closer to game time the more im worried about our oline. Both Tackles especially, Davis is getting old and was never elite and he's arguably our best linemen. Jacksons preseason is giving me cold swets and don't even get me started about Dieter at Center.

Funny thing is I am not worried about Tua at all, in fact his improvment is the only reason I'm at all optimistic about the season.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong about the oline bc if they are even half way decent we will make the playoffs.
Had to look, and never realized Davis was 30 yrs old.

I think most of us have concerns about the line.

As you say, if they can be at least competent to start out, and progress throughout the year, we are playoff bound.

i saw a few olines in college that maybe better than ours.

Flores and Grier better have anxiety aswell.The oline is teir collective circus atm

The o-line was much worse last year and we ran the ball down the Pats throat and knocked them out of the playoffs.

They also failed to score a TD, with the the threat of Cam taking off and his impact on the running game.

We are winning by 10+ tomorrow and you can look back and lol on this thread.

It takes 2 lines to win this game and I have my concerns with both of them...

As for anxiety... Nope... If we win Ill be happy and if we lose Ill be pissed but either way by Monday Ill be hungover and on to Buffalo...

Seems like the same 3 problems over the last _____ years continue to plague this team. Run D, Oline, QB. As long as QB is sorted, which we will find out soon enough, I'm good.

The o-line was much worse last year and we ran the ball down the Pats throat and knocked them out of the playoffs.

They also failed to score a TD, with the the threat of Cam taking off and his impact on the running game.

We are winning by 10+ tomorrow and you can look back and lol on this thread.

last year

Had to look, and never realized Davis was 30 yrs old.

I think most of us have concerns about the line.

As you say, if they can be at least competent to start out, and progress throughout the year, we are playoff bound.
30 is not old, not even for an O-lineman.

His talent level is a whole other subject…..

We have spent considerable assets on the O-line and they certainly haven’t been smashing success’s…..

Shula had a pretty good “hit” rate on his O-line draft picks, Webb & Simms in the first two rounds that both started as rookies comes to mind……

Back
Top Bottom