On the issue of Andrew Luck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On the issue of Andrew Luck

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Andrew Luck has been discussed and praised to death- and for good reason. Then he has one bad game... The only reason why I'm starting this thread is because I just read (gulp) an Omar Kelly story on Luck. "What can be learned from Andrew Luck's struggles" - is this classic pendulum theory, or somethig like that? Luck had an off game, threw 3 picks- 3 TDs too, I think. How many crappy, multi INT games did Dan Marino have? Yeah we all loved him and he was one of the best ever, but bad games happen. Nonetheless, I look at this video and think, "man, this guy is good."

Go to 6:30 and look at the following two throws- calmly delivered, great touch on the second pass, not forced, although he has a gun when he needs it. Those are NFL throws. He's got perfect size, moves extremely well, and although I do like Phil Simms as a talent evaluator, I don't understand his negative comments at all when it comes to Luck's arm. Second best arm I've seen after Weeden. Luck does EVERYTHING well. before the Oregon game it was hardly worth mentioning because it was just obvious. But now, after one subpar game and loss, one in which he made a number of excellent throws and threw for 3 TD's, it's like a psychology experiment gone awry. "Luck sucks", "What can be learned from Andrew Luck's struggles"... Lord help me.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

the problem is the wrs are so pedestrian that luck has to work with you aren't gonna see a whole lot of instances of him firing the ball to the perimeter of the field...he throws a perfect post pattern i know that...a very high end quick slant...timing always spot on...some of those incutting 20-30 yard balls he whistles to whalen i mean you couldn't draw them up any better...so there are examples of him letting er rip...they're just not all that prevalent...and the kids a maestro in the red zone which dolphins fans by now should know the importance of that...he also threw a dime back shoulder down the seam ball to fleener 25-30 yards in the air that was textbook...i mean that throws hard as hell for the guys on sundays...and he roped it in there easy money

oh well...we're out of the running anyways i guess...

One game of Andrew Luck impersonating a human being with a team that was outclassed in the speed department at nearly every position does not necessarily ding his draft stock.

I think it was 3 TDs and 2 INTs but this stuff is going to happen when they hold the kid up on a pedestal and expect him to win every game. He had a bad game and his team still put up 30 points. The defense just happen to give up 53. I remember them saying the same stuff about Manning cause he could never beat Florida in college (seems to have taken his revenge out on Jacksonville over the years, lol).

It's all media hype bringing him down right now. I seriously doubt any GM thinks less of him after that game.

2 INTs, one of which was literally tossed to the defender by the WR. I wish it hurt his draft stock...

Back
Top Bottom