One big reason Ramsey is pissed...$$$ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One big reason Ramsey is pissed...$$$

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59101-2004Feb20.html

"One underlying issue with Ramsey is the money he stands to lose as a reserve.

After holding out for 16 days before his rookie season even began (prompting the Redskins to nearly trade him to Chicago), Ramsey signed a contract with substantial incentives based on playing time. If Ramsey is in 50 percent of the Redskins' plays this season, a $2.5 million salary incentive is triggered. If Ramsey participates in less than half of the Redskins' plays this season, his 2005 salary is a maximum of roughly $600,000."

I see why he's mad about Brunell.

No Comments?

Isn't this a valid reason for Ramsey's agent to complain to the NFLPA? Ramsey could lose money because his salary is based on playing time that he would lose through no fault of his own. It appears that he will lose his job and alot of money..and he probably won't be given a real chance to win the job.

Hell yes and if he not a happy camper then the skin need to get something for him instead of a long unhappy holdout and bad publicity.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Hell yes and if he not a happy camper then the skin need to get something for him instead of a long unhappy holdout and bad publicity.

Well I second that motion.

I think the Redskins need to demand compensation of something like a first round draft pick from a team such as Miami so the Skins can be rid of the cancer. They shouldn't have to tolerate that type of behavior from a player.

BTW

$2,500,000.00

:eek: I'd be pissed too.

Originally posted by ZOD

Well I second that motion.

I think the Redskins need to demand compensation of something like a first round draft pick from a team such as Miami so the Skins can be rid of the cancer. They shouldn't have to tolerate that type of behavior from a player.

Get rid of the cancer? I think he has a right to be miffed, he performed well last year, and here we are now it's not even training camp yet and Gibbs has already committed to another guy

Ramsey signed the contract, if he doesn't like the notion that he may lose $2 million due to playing time, he's got no one to blame but himself.

Is this the type of player we really need? One who will go crying and stomping his feet everytime something happens that MIGHT affect his pay? If we were to trade for Ramsey, does he then tell Rick Spielman who we can have as backup QBs and who he can draft on draft day?

"No, you can't bring that QB here, he might actually beat me out of a starting job and I'll lose money".

Gibbs has said it will be an open competition for the starting QB position. Brunell, in an interview with Dan Hicks yesterday, said the same thing and he's looking forward to the competition. Ramsey needs to suck it up and do the same, instead of tucking his tail between his legs and pouting that he wants to be traded. Afterall, a rookie beat out Brunell in Jax while Brunell still was counting close to $8 mil against their cap, he doesn't have the confidence he can beat him in Washington being a 2 year starter and already knowing the Redskin receivers?

Bottom line---Ramsey completed less than half of his passes in the 16 games he started for the Redskins, he was 6-10 as a starter, and he also couldn't complete last season due to injury. He is in no position to demand anything. And if he does his cry baby act and Washington gives in and moves him, I wouldn't want the wuss in Miami anyway.

Originally posted by wonderl33t

Get rid of the cancer? I think he has a right to be miffed, he performed well last year, and here we are now it's not even training camp yet and Gibbs has already committed to another guy

It was a fecitious comment.

Why would he blame himself when considering the play calling and the horrid offensive line play,, P Ramsey played as well as just about ANY qb that would be put in that position with his limited experience !!!

:shakeno: The skins had NO running game to take a lot of the pressure off Ramsey to even give him a chance to move the ball on a consistent basis !!

Having said that,,, Ramsey is ONLY going to be in the NFL 3 years with the start of this years t-c ... Show me another qb in the last 10 years that was basically a rookie starter (that has his overall talents) show the guts and poise that this kid did ...

If the Dolphins can work out a decent trade for P Ramsey, I am all for it ....

:eat:

Marino1983

Originally posted by relive1972
Ramsey signed the contract, if he doesn't like the notion that he may lose $2 million due to playing time, he's got no one to blame but himself.

Is this the type of player we really need? One who will go crying and stomping his feet everytime something happens that MIGHT affect his pay? If we were to trade for Ramsey, does he then tell Rick Spielman who we can have as backup QBs and who he can draft on draft day?

"No, you can't bring that QB here, he might actually beat me out of a starting job and I'll lose money".

Gibbs has said it will be an open competition for the starting QB position. Brunell, in an interview with Dan Hicks yesterday, said the same thing and he's looking forward to the competition. Ramsey needs to suck it up and do the same, instead of tucking his tail between his legs and pouting that he wants to be traded. Afterall, a rookie beat out Brunell in Jax while Brunell still was counting close to $8 mil against their cap, he doesn't have the confidence he can beat him in Washington being a 2 year starter and already knowing the Redskin receivers?

Bottom line---Ramsey completed less than half of his passes in the 16 games he started for the Redskins, he was 6-10 as a starter, and he also couldn't complete last season due to injury. He is in no position to demand anything. And if he does his cry baby act and Washington gives in and moves him, I wouldn't want the wuss in Miami anyway.

There is no open competition for the starting QB job in Washington. You don't give Brunell a contract that big to compete for a starting job, if you give him that contract, you are pretty much giving him the starting job as well. Ramsey has a good reason to complain.

How can he blame himself. He wasn't that bad. He threw 14 TD's and 9 INT's in his second year as a starter. He's not getting benched because of poor play. Compare his numbers to alot of other QB's..he did pretty well..considering everything..no RB..poor pass protection.

You know for a fact that he's only getting benched because of a change in philosophy. Gibbs has a different way of doing things...how is that Ramsey's fault?

And you say 6-10 as a starter...are you saying Ramsey was the sole reason for those losses? When a QB throws more td's than int's, they usually win..I don't see why it's all his fault.

By the way, it's not an open competition. If you really believe that, you're nuts. Brunell would be the richest backup in the NFL...and Gibbs has always loved older QB's.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

There is no open competition for the starting QB job in Washington. You don't give Brunell a contract that big to compete for a starting job, if you give him that contract, you are pretty much giving him the starting job as well. Ramsey has a good reason to complain.

Just because Brunell got a $43 mil. contract over 7 years doesn't mean he's getting over $6 mil. a year, nor does it mean that he'll even see half that money. From what I understand about it, that contract is heavily backloaded the last 3 years. Warner makes a ton more money than Bulger does, but that hasn't kept him off the bench.

And BTW, Gibbs, Brunell, and even Ramsey has said it will be an open competition. The only one connected to the deal who says it won't be is Ramsey's agent. I'll take the word of Gibbs and Brunell over an agent anyday.

And BTW, Gibbs, Brunell, and even Ramsey has said it will be an open competition.

I guess that's why P. Ramsey is now demanding a trade....

You'd be foolish to think that Ramsey will be starting over Brunell. The contract says it all. Brunell will not be an 8.6 million dollar bench warmer. How would that look???....

Gibbs is blowing smoke. He's just trying to save face. The open competition statement given to ramsey was merely a ploy to try and keep him in Washington. He's not that stupid, and neither is his agent.....

If you were a young up and comer QB in the NFL, and proved capable of playing at a high level, how would you feel about being replaced with an 8 million dollar dinosaur who was beat out by a rookie????....

Ramsey has every right to be pissed. He'd be a fool to stay in Washington at this point. Gibbs gave up on him, and now he's giving them some of their own medicine in return....

PHINZ RULE!!! :pirate:

Back
Top Bottom